Aloha is Love - Review of POA in Hawaii with Pics, Menus & More

sjmbruce

Your review is fantastic! Even though we are not going until Dec/18, your days sound roughly the same as ours. I wasn't sure about the specialty restaurants, but may have to rethink that as well. We are booked for a private plane ride on Kauai and I hope it pans out, as it is on my bucket list!!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but there isn't a way to private message. If you don't want to respond here, please email me at annjunk at sbcglobal dot net.

We were originally planning on doing a helicopter on Kauai, but the plane looks so much more affordable than the private helicopter and the view seems better than the chance of getting stuck in the two seats in the middle back of the helicopter.

I would love to hear which one you decided on and what you think after you get back. I leave in Feb of 2019.

That is definitely an important point. I didn’t wantto ignore any questions, but things can change in two years. Or even in twoweeks. When we went, we were able to park at the shopping mall near the port in Maui withoutany issues. A few weeks later, people were reporting receiving tickets and possiblyeven a tow or two occurred. On apositive note, I know someone who went after us who was able to see lava flow.

I love your review and really appreciate that you are still coming back and answering questions, even though some things may have changed.

I have been MIA from CC for over a year but I had to come back now that I am finally able to cruise to Hawaii. Last year I did my first one. It was just a quick cruise that took us down the coast and back up. I loved it! Then work got in the way and I couldn't start planning for my next one until now. That next one is going to be Hawaii. I bookmarked this review because NCL's 7 days on several islands is what appeals to me. First question - I want to do a few days on Oahu. Should I do them before the cruise or after? Its been awhile so I hope you or some other knowledgeable cruiser sees this!

We are planning our Oahu time pre-cruise for a couple of reasons. The main reason is whenever we plan something for post cruise, we are too tired and don't really do anything. The other is, with the cruise being Saturday to Saturday and us being from the east coast, we are planning on taking 2 days for flights each way. With the cruise ending Saturday morning, we can get back to work Monday morning (well at least hubby can) and still take 2 days getting home. Since we always travel in at least the night before, we are already missing work pre-cruise, so we decided to just miss more.

I know people who prefer touring post cruise so that they adjust back to normal life easier. Hotels don't spoil you quite as badly as a cruise does, but you aren't back to cooking and cleaning for yourself yet.

One thing I have learned from my research, you will not run out of things to do in Oahu pre or post cruise.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but there isn't a way to private message. If you don't want to respond here, please email me at annjunk at sbcglobal dot net.

We were originally planning on doing a helicopter on Kauai, but the plane looks so much more affordable than the private helicopter and the view seems better than the chance of getting stuck in the two seats in the middle back of the helicopter.

I would love to hear which one you decided on and what you think after you get back. I leave in Feb of 2019.

Hijacking is always allowed! Especially to get travel questions answered. Getting stuck in two middle seats of a helicopter is the reason we went private, which was expensive and didn'twork out for us anyway. While we didn't do a plane ride in Hawaii, we did take a seaplane to the Misty Fjords in Alaska and have been in a helicopter during other travels. While I personally think a helicopter has better views, we definitely were not disappointed with what we could see from the plane. I have my Alaska review in my signature and there are some pictures from our small plane experience to give you an idea. Plus, everyone got a window seat.

Edited by sjmbruce