Double Decker Bus

TXCrusing60

• 3 weeks later...
It has moved over the years since we've been going to Progreso. Last year it was not far from the bus terminal. I think we had to walk like 2 blocks but you can ask anyone and they know where it is.

This deal almost sounds too good to be true. What's the catch? :-)

Seriously, I've been trying to figure out what I want to do on my day in Progreso and this sounds like it would be right up my alley. The price is about $3, correct? Do they want pesos (fine by me) or Yanqui money? And, to get to the DD I'd take the bus from out at the end of the pier into Progreso, then walk a couple of blocks. Sound about right?

Next thing I need to do is find a decent map of the town and see where things are in relation to each other I guess. Anybody recommend a good one, either free or for purchase?

Thanks!!

Seriously, I've been trying to figure out what I want to do on my day in Progreso and this sounds like it would be right up my alley. The price is about $3, correct? Do they want pesos (fine by me) or Yanqui money? And, to get to the DD I'd take the bus from out at the end of the pier into Progreso, then walk a couple of blocks. Sound about right?

Next thing I need to do is find a decent map of the town and see where things are in relation to each other I guess. Anybody recommend a good one, either free or for purchase?

Thanks!!

I havent been to Progresso in a few years but loved the DD bus. Nothing fancy but fun. Google map of Progresso and you will get one just print it out. Its not a big place

Thanks!!

here is a street map http://www.mexicoguru.com/maps/map-of-progreso.php

Thanks!!

no need for pesos they take american dollars(should have exact change)

Thanks!!

here is another good map http://yucatantoday.com/progreso-map/?lang=en

Thank you, ma'am. That was a lot of useful information.

I'm looking at the Yucatan as a potential retirement site, so I'm hoping to use the time in Progreso to get a first impression of the place. This sounds much better for that purpose than just riding through town on a cruise ship excursion. Plus, I'm hopeful I'll get a chance to see how much Spanish I've held on to after all these years.

Again, much obliged for the info.

thank you, ma'am. That was a lot of useful information.

I'm looking at the yucatan as a potential retirement site, so i'm hoping to use the time in progreso to get a first impression of the place. This sounds much better for that purpose than just riding through town on a cruise ship excursion. Plus, i'm hopeful i'll get a chance to see how much spanish i've held on to after all these years.

Again, much obliged for the info.

my pleasure!!!