Behind The Fun Tour - Triumph - AWESOME!!!

5 in OK

We sailed on the Triumph last month. This was our second time on the Triumph in the last few months so we decided to do the "Behind the Fun Tour". We were so glad we did!!

We had FTTF so we boarded at 11:30 and went straight to the Excursions desk. She put our name on her clipboard list (we were the second family to sign up) and then she reminded us it was $90 per person. We agreed to the price (there were only 3 of us so not too bad) and she told us it would be the last sea day and that more information would come with the tickets over the next couple of days.

On the final sea day we were told to meet in the library at 9:30 a.m. for a light breakfast and quick orientation. The greeter (HR Director, Amit) took our tickets and checked our shoes (must have closed toed shoes) and gave us our lanyard with our Behind the Fun pass. We had already eaten so we grabbed some juice and sat down in the library to wait on additional passengers. When everyone was there (16 I believe were in our group) we were wanded by security to make sure we didn't have cameras or phones - yes there were two who didn't read all of the guidelines and had to run their phones back to their cabins. Then we headed off for our fun. We literally went ALL over this ship in corridors and hallways - to the very front of the ship where the Triumph Bell is located (we were allowed to gather for a group photo - taken by the ship's photographer). We went to the crew cafeteria (we paused here for cookies!) and bar areas, we saw pictures of a sample crew quarters, we saw the laundry (extremely fascinating - there is a GIANT sheet pressing machine in there so the passengers never have to sleep on wrinkled sheets!!!), engine room - very technical - we were kept behind a rope area and did not get close to any controls. The kitchen/galley was AMAZING!! How they prepare all of that food every single day - it is just fascninating. The head chef patiently answered all of our questions, his assistant showed us some cullinary delights (how to make flowers from veggies) and then we were treated to chocolate covered strawberries!! We were shown the refrigerated areas and freezers (so much beef!) as well as the room where they store all of the beer and liquor! WOW!

The highlight of the tour is of course the bridge and meeting the captain. He greeted us at the door, shook everyone's hand and welcomed us. We were all very respectful of the space (it is HUGE) but were allowed to get close to the controls. The view is spectacular. We were there about 25 minutes (he answered every single question!!!) and then we all go to take family pictures with the captain. We were really impressed with the amount of time he gave to us. This was our favorite part of the tour.

Then we were led back through to one of the dining rooms where we enjoyed cookies and apple juice and were given our bag of goodies (cute backpack, hat and lanyard - all with the Behind the Fun logo on them) and a soap sculpture. We were given a survey and rated our awesome guide - Amit.

The tour lasted about 4 hours. 100% worth the money!

We arrived back to our rooms to two plates of giant chocolate covered strawberries - delicious!!

That night (about 9:00 p.m.) three giant envelopes arrived with three 8X10's in each one (you get a set for every person in your group that went on the tour) - the pictures were 1) front of the ship group 2) group with captain 3)family with captain.

I highly recommend the excursion - super fun way to spend your last sea day morning!

We sailed on the Triumph last month. This was our second time on the Triumph in the last few months so we decided to do the "Behind the Fun Tour". We were so glad we did!!

We had FTTF so we boarded at 11:30 and went straight to the Excursions desk. She put our name on her clipboard list (we were the second family to sign up) and then she reminded us it was $90 per person. We agreed to the price (there were only 3 of us so not too bad) and she told us it would be the last sea day and that more information would come with the tickets over the next couple of days.

On the final sea day we were told to meet in the library at 9:30 a.m. for a light breakfast and quick orientation. The greeter (HR Director, Amit) took our tickets and checked our shoes (must have closed toed shoes) and gave us our lanyard with our Behind the Fun pass. We had already eaten so we grabbed some juice and sat down in the library to wait on additional passengers. When everyone was there (16 I believe were in our group) we were wanded by security to make sure we didn't have cameras or phones - yes there were two who didn't read all of the guidelines and had to run their phones back to their cabins. Then we headed off for our fun. We literally went ALL over this ship in corridors and hallways - to the very front of the ship where the Triumph Bell is located (we were allowed to gather for a group photo - taken by the ship's photographer). We went to the crew cafeteria (we paused here for cookies!) and bar areas, we saw pictures of a sample crew quarters, we saw the laundry (extremely fascinating - there is a GIANT sheet pressing machine in there so the passengers never have to sleep on wrinkled sheets!!!), engine room - very technical - we were kept behind a rope area and did not get close to any controls. The kitchen/galley was AMAZING!! How they prepare all of that food every single day - it is just fascninating. The head chef patiently answered all of our questions, his assistant showed us some cullinary delights (how to make flowers from veggies) and then we were treated to chocolate covered strawberries!! We were shown the refrigerated areas and freezers (so much beef!) as well as the room where they store all of the beer and liquor! WOW!

The highlight of the tour is of course the bridge and meeting the captain. He greeted us at the door, shook everyone's hand and welcomed us. We were all very respectful of the space (it is HUGE) but were allowed to get close to the controls. The view is spectacular. We were there about 25 minutes (he answered every single question!!!) and then we all go to take family pictures with the captain. We were really impressed with the amount of time he gave to us. This was our favorite part of the tour.

Then we were led back through to one of the dining rooms where we enjoyed cookies and apple juice and were given our bag of goodies (cute backpack, hat and lanyard - all with the Behind the Fun logo on them) and a soap sculpture. We were given a survey and rated our awesome guide - Amit.

The tour lasted about 4 hours. 100% worth the money!

We arrived back to our rooms to two plates of giant chocolate covered strawberries - delicious!!

That night (about 9:00 p.m.) three giant envelopes arrived with three 8X10's in each one (you get a set for every person in your group that went on the tour) - the pictures were 1) front of the ship group 2) group with captain 3)family with captain.

I highly recommend the excursion - super fun way to spend your last sea day morning!

OP, were you on a 6+ cruise, or a 3/4/5 day? Just trying to see if the tour will be the same for my shorter May 5 cruise! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

OP, were you on a 6+ cruise, or a 3/4/5 day? Just trying to see if the tour will be the same for my shorter May 5 cruise! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

5 Night out of Galveston - so much fun!! (Wish I was there right now!!)

• 7 months later...
Can someone tell me what the cost pp is? Carnival's website gives a range but not a real price. Also, do you just book at the shore excursion desk once onboard?

I believe the OP mentioned somewhere that it was $90 a person. We did it on the Magic years ago and it is worth every dollar.

Can someone tell me what the cost pp is? Carnival's website gives a range but not a real price. Also, do you just book at the shore excursion desk once onboard?

Depends on the ship. The Inspiration was $39. Missed the laundry room as a machine was broken. Received a photo, cap, bracelet, lanyard, and a plates of sweets from the chef.

Can book at Guest Services or Shire Excursion desk.

Edited by SadieN