"Next Cruise" My experience

Just wanted to to give give a couple real life experiences with the newer "Next Cruise" program. Most of us know now that RCCL change up the program a lil last year with the next cruise program. The biggest things were the OBC could be taken "this cruise" or "next cruise" and the value of your OBC equals your deposit amount ie; a 7 night cruise is $100 deposit per cabin and you get $100 OBC, pretty easy to understand. The biggest question or issue was can you move the cruise and not lose or diminish your obc.

I have 1st hand knowledge that you can move your cruise, date, ship, length, and even company while not losing your obc or having to pay an extra deposit if you take a longer cruise.

My most recent experience was today, I had booked a next cruise while on board the Oasis in January of this year. Unfortunately or fortunately we already had a cruise booked for spring 2017 so we wanted to book a 2018 spring cruise but at the time we sailed the 2018 sailing weren't open yet, we just booked the Harmony 7 night sailing in April 2017 just to hold the booking, pay our $100 deposit for the room and got $100 OBC instantly (again knowing we were going to move the sailing). The Caribbean sailings for 2018 finally opened up and was really wanting to do the Serenade 10 night sailing on March 30th 2018. I was worried I may not be able to move the booking because the 10 night deposit is $150 (we only paid $100). I emailed my T/A and he called RCCL and no problem at all, booking has been moved to the Serenade 2018 with no more deposit required and obviously no OBC taken away because we already spent it. To boot, we snagged cabins 9092 and 9094 deep balcony cabins. :D

My previous experience was for the 2017 spring cruise we have booked, we actually booked that while on the Navigator last year with instant OBC, 1st booked the Jewel of the Seas out of San Juan but after we got home we realized that the week we chose was not our spring break week. So we looked the Jewel for the next week (our actual spring break week) but we really didn't like the itinerary that week so I looked at the Celebrity Summit for the week we needed and low and behold it was the same itinerary we had for the Jewel the week we couldn't go. Again, emailed my T/A and no problem at all to switched the booking to the Summit, again no more deposit (Celebrity next cruise is actually $150) and no loss of OBC.

So I just wanted to let anyone know who may be leery about booking the next cruise that you can move them to a longer cruise, different ship, and even different company with no issues. Again this is with the instant OBC on both so I dont know about the future OBC. My advice take the instant OBC!

The biggest perk we get from this is the deposit, I booked 2 10 night cruise balcony cabins for $200 with the next program, normally that would be $900 that I would have to tie up. Big upside for us.

Thank you for the information on your re-booking experience. We currently have two with Next cruise. Our April 2017 sailing will occur, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Our second booking is a late summer 2017 Alaska cruise, which we booked because 2018 Alaska sailings are not available. We will be re-booking it at some point.

We chose to hang onto the OBC and use it on our future cruises.

Hi

I have a situation quite similar to this, except I opted for the OBC on the future cruise and not the "instant" credit. I wanted 2018 voyages but the ships I was interested in the schedules were not available this past March. So I booked other ships (one Royal Harmony Balcony 7 night and one Celebrity oceanview 12 night). Interested to know if anyone has switched ships and what were the consequences...if any?

Denise

Hi

I have a situation quite similar to this, except I opted for the OBC on the future cruise and not the "instant" credit. I wanted 2018 voyages but the ships I was interested in the schedules were not available this past March. So I booked other ships (one Royal Harmony Balcony 7 night and one Celebrity oceanview 12 night). Interested to know if anyone has switched ships and what were the consequences...if any?

Denise

Royal has told us that we can change once without losing the future OBC. However, I've not seen more than one or two reports that confirm this.

I appreciate the feedback.

Just so I understand, both bookings you changed had instant OBC, right?

Yes Bob, both were instant obc. I figured it doesn't cost anything if you take the instant OBC so we figured why not. And if you already spent the OBC they cant take it away :D

Also I think I mis-spoke about the regular deposit for the 10 cruises, I think they are $450 per person. So we paid $200 for 2 cabins instead of $1800. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. :cool:

I don't know when Royal made the changes last year, but here's my experience: While onboard the Radiance last July, our first cruise with Royal, we booked 3 people for a balcony on the Anthem this June, paying a deposit of $150. We got $50 instant credit, and $100 future credit. In March, I changed it to two inside connecting cabins. Still 3 people. We lost the $100 future credit.

One cabin shows as a new booking, made in March. The other cabin still shows as booked onboard last July. I questioned losing it, but she said it was unavoidable. Was it because of the new booking? Should I have pushed harder? It's moot now, of course, but either way, I'll chalk it up to a learning experience.

Royal has told us that we can change once without losing the future OBC. However, I've not seen more than one or two reports that confirm this.

I have read this from other posters as well, one more reason just to take the instant OBC. We always have at least $100 balance on our seapass account so for us its a no brainer especially for the reduced deposit.

I don't know when Royal made the changes last year, but here's my experience: While onboard the Radiance last July, our first cruise with Royal, we booked 3 people for a balcony on the Anthem this June, paying a deposit of $150. We got $50 instant credit, and $100 future credit. In March, I changed it to two inside connecting cabins. Still 3 people. We lost the $100 future credit.

One cabin shows as a new booking, made in March. The other cabin still shows as booked onboard last July. I questioned losing it, but she said it was unavoidable. Was it because of the new booking? Should I have pushed harder? It's moot now, of course, but either way, I'll chalk it up to a learning experience.

The new booking would have had no onboard credit from your original booking on board. I don't know why the other booking would have lost it's OBC. We are supposed to be able to make one change without losing the OBC. I would question the reason for losing the OBC on the booking that you made on board.

I'm guessing you lost the future OBC because it was a promotion RCCL was running at that time but had nothing to do with the Next program. When you changed cabins the cruise had to be repriced at current rates and not running a special for OBC's.

In fact my Harmony cruise that I originally booked on the Oasis had a future $50 OBC that had nothing to do with the next program. My guess is I will lose that on the Serenade.:rolleyes:

That's what they told me too. Hopefully that is what will happen. [emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We just moved an onboard booking with future OBC. We kept the balcony discount and OBC. We lost the 30/30 pricing and had to go with the current B1G1HO.

Agent knowledge was a little iffy. He was obviously new, and had to talk to his supervisor to confirm that it was allowed. :)

We just moved an onboard booking with future OBC. We kept the balcony discount and OBC. We lost the 30/30 pricing and had to go with the current B1G1HO.

Agent knowledge was a little iffy. He was obviously new, and had to talk to his supervisor to confirm that it was allowed. :)

Thanks for the confirmation.

Was the OBC the same between the cruise you originally booked and the new cruise? Just wondering if they would adjust the OBC if you changed to a longer cruise, for example. I think Ellen reported this happening to one of her bookings once.

Hi

Denise

I switched from a 5 night OV cabin with $50 FUTURE OBC and a $50 deposit to a 7 night balcony cabin different date. My future OBC went from $50 to $100 and no extra deposit was required.

Edited by molly361

Thanks for the confirmation.

Was the OBC the same between the cruise you originally booked and the new cruise? Just wondering if they would adjust the OBC if you changed to a longer cruise, for example. I think Ellen reported this happening to one of her bookings once.

Didn't see this before I posted. Yes I changed 2 bookings from OV to balcony and both times my FUTURE OBC went up from $50 to $100 with no additional deposit required.

When booking a next cruise, do they still offer military discounts? I'm really liking the deposit requirement that you mentioned!

Military discounts are only available on select sailings and categories. The discounts are unrelated to booking on board.

When booking a next cruise, do they still offer military discounts? I'm really liking the deposit requirement that you mentioned!

Military discounts are only available on select sailings and categories. The discounts are unrelated to booking on board.

As Bob said, military discounts are offered on select sailings. FYI, if you like to book super early, as my DH & I do, you may not see many (if any) military discounts on RCI.

As Bob said, military discounts are offered on select sailings. FYI, if you like to book super early, as my DH & I do, you may not see many (if any) military discounts on RCI.

We booked in January with a TA for our Allure cruise this May and got a military discount.

But when I go online myself and put in info I never seem to find one with a discount.

Edited by mumbumone

We booked in January with a TA for our Allure cruise this May and got a military discount.

But when I go online myself and put in info I never seem to find one with a discount.

They have not been offered as much as they used to be.

They have not been offered as much as they used to be.

There is a website that shows all the current military discount cruises. E-mail me, if you would like it. kandj12205 at gmail.com

It is my "go to" website to look for these discounts.

There is a website that shows all the current military discount cruises. E-mail me, if you would like it. kandj12205 at gmail.com

My worst nightmare, Ellen and Jackie getting together. :eek:

Thanks for the offer- I will have TO GO there when planning my next VACATIONS:D

My worst nightmare, Ellen and Jackie getting together. :eek:

Be afraid, be VERY afraid!!!!! And yes, we won't forget to bring Lee with us