Amber Cove Ocean Cabana Review and Pics!

holmes96

Thank you so much for all the information.

I haven't been able to view your pictures yet, I think my work is blocking it. I will try when I get home. Hopefully there is a picture of the swimming area. I love spending time in the water but your description didn't sound too appealing.

3. On the side of the deck, there is a ladder that moves with you as you go down into the water. I asked how deep the water was and they said 6.5 feet. The water was a murky greenish blue, but not gross. You couldn't see anything...no sea life or plants, etc. That was OK with me. The swimming area was a good size and roped off.

I may switch to a pool cabana. Just wondering how crowded the actual pool gets?

Thank you so much for all the information.

I haven't been able to view your pictures yet, I think my work is blocking it. I will try when I get home. Hopefully there is a picture of the swimming area. I love spending time in the water but your description didn't sound too appealing.

3. On the side of the deck, there is a ladder that moves with you as you go down into the water. I asked how deep the water was and they said 6.5 feet. The water was a murky greenish blue, but not gross. You couldn't see anything...no sea life or plants, etc. That was OK with me. The swimming area was a good size and roped off.

I may switch to a pool cabana. Just wondering how crowded the actual pool gets?

The pool is huge! We never found it crowded even at peak afternoon times. We had room to float around on the floats provided with our cabana rental!

• 3 weeks later...

We had a poolside cabana and loved it!!! It was the perfect spot for our two daughters to enjoy the pool, zipline and water slide. The pool was large, so there were areas away from the swim up bar side that weren't as crowded, but even by the bar, it never felt packed. I usually like the quiet, but I enjoyed the music and wasn't bothered by it. I loved all the great people watching from the balcony of the poolside cabana. I would definitely do it again!

• 2 months later...

We're going on a Princess Cruise late November. I reserved an Ocean Cabana a few weeks ago online. It as $239 US. Now I find out it is $274 US. And the description has changed. I thought we had access to paddle boards but now just 1-hr included rental of the kayak.

We're still going to get it though - Just wish I pre-paid while the price was down. After reading a lot of threads here and on other forums, it seems they have lacked consistency in their description of what you get with the cabana rental.

Hopefully, it will still be worth the money.

One question - we're diabetic. Any chance they can exchange the soda pop for diet ones for us? Is this something I need to pre-arrange with Princess or can we just ask the server when we get there? We plan to order food - will make sure to tip the server well! That is the only thing we would need changed.

We're going on a Princess Cruise late November. I reserved an Ocean Cabana a few weeks ago online. It as $239 US. Now I find out it is $274 US. And the description has changed. I thought we had access to paddle boards but now just 1-hr included rental of the kayak.

We're still going to get it though - Just wish I pre-paid while the price was down. After reading a lot of threads here and on other forums, it seems they have lacked consistency in their description of what you get with the cabana rental.

Hopefully, it will still be worth the money.

If you made a reservation then unless I'm mistaken that is the price u will be charged by Princess. Same for me, we reserved a pool cabana for our February cruise awhile ago and price higher now, plus none available!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

If you made a reservation then unless I'm mistaken that is the price u will be charged by Princess. Same for me, we reserved a pool cabana for our February cruise awhile ago and price higher now, plus none available!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. I will talk with Princess because my invoice says I will be charged the higher rate. It is worth a shot!

Thanks. I will talk with Princess because my invoice says I will be charged the higher rate. It is worth a shot!

Go into your Princess Personalizer and look at your excursion reservations and see what that says, as that amount is what you should be charged on your on-board account after you get on the ship. I have reserved many Princess shore excursions before the cruise and the price in the Personalizer is always what I was charged.

Good luck, please let me know how it turns out and have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

• 1 year later...
After the cabana bar, there is a roped off entryway, manned by a security person (only employee we encountered that didn't know English), where the 7 ocean cabanas are.

Is the security person there to make sure there is no entry to the cabanas unless you have the wristband on? We have 12 in our party, and the rental says it is for 8, so that means there are only 8 wristbands. Doubt all 12 would be there at once, but would be nice to be able to drop off items for safe keeping while at pool. I know at other ports with cabanas/villas, they don;t care or police how many are actually using the cabana/villa, but only stock it with drinks/snacks/equipment for the rental amount of people.