Royal Caribbean - discounted beverage packages now showing

In case you were watching for them - Royal's 20% off beverage package special is now showing in my cruise planner for Legend of the Seas HK - BNE in October (and 30% off internet). Happy cruising!

Edited by Missusdubbya

Thanks for the heads up! When I logged into the cruise personalised I could see the discounted beverage packages however after reading the terms and conditions, couldn't see an end date for the promo!

Does anyone know how long they are running the promo for? Thanks!

• 2 months later...

OK, so I saw this post and went to RCI site, entered cruise planner for my cruise. Tried to select a bev package and the site said "we cannot reserve this right now" and I should try when onboard. We are new to RCI, but is this really true? They don't want my money 9 months early?

Is it just me or is this really the way it is? I would love to book a drink package at a discount!

Thanks for any advice/experience

ML

Edited by NoWhiners

OK, so I saw this post and went to RCI site, entered cruise planner for my cruise. Tried to select a bev package and the site said "we cannot reserve this right now" and I should try when onboard. We are new to RCI, but is this really true? They don't want my money 9 months early?

Is it just me or is this really the way it is? I would love to book a drink package at a discount!

Thanks for any advice/experience

ML

We had this is issue with our Mariner cruise. It took a few emails back and forth to C&A for them to get it sorted.

We had this is issue with our Mariner cruise. It took a few emails back and forth to C&A for them to get it sorted.

Hi Royalty

Thanks for this info. We have C&A numbers but haven't actually cruised with X--will the C&A help us? So strange we can't book any bev package, at any price, but we can book an internet package!

ML

We are sailing on the Ovation of The Seas out of Sydney on the 15n Christmas Cruise. With the discount we have just paid $2296.04 for the 2 of us, for the Premium Beverage Package - and that's not the top of the range package!

We are sailing on the Ovation of The Seas out of Sydney on the 15n Christmas Cruise. With the discount we have just paid $2296.04 for the 2 of us, for the Premium Beverage Package - and that's not the top of the range package!

Is that AUD or USD?

The prices I am seeing in our cruise planner are in AUD Select *From $51.79, Premium From* $69.05 and Ultimate From*$76.90.

Nowhere does it state if these prices are before or after discount of 20%. :confused:

Can anyone shed any light on this? ;)

Is that AUD or USD?

The prices I am seeing in our cruise planner are in AUD Select *From $51.79, Premium From* $69.05 and Ultimate From*$76.90.

Nowhere does it state if these prices are before or after discount of 20%. :confused:

Can anyone shed any light on this? ;)

Their usual prices are - in USD and I've converted them to AUD at today's exchange rate.

Select - US $42 = AU $ 55.32. Less 20% would be $44.26

Premium - US $57 = AU $75.08. Less 20% would be $60.06

Ultimate - US $67 - AU $88.25. Less 20% would be $70.60

My guess is they include the 20% discount after being converted to AUD at a really crappy exchange rate (ie .70 instead of .76 that it is today).

So at the moment in my cruise planner I have

Select - $41 AUD

Premium $52 AUD

Ultimate $63 AUD

I also have a large banner with "Limited time offer 20% off buy now"

So Dawsons - your cruise is not offering the discount at this time. I would keep checking back - my discount showed up in May for my October cruise.

Amy, it may very much depend on what exchange rate RCI apply to each booking. I'm not totally sure how RCI works but on Princess the exchange rate that applies to your booking for such things as drinks packages and purchased OBC (on USD cruises) is fixed at the time you book.

BTW Those prices you are seeing are very good value for an RCI drinks package.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Wow Dawsons - they are not actually 20% off at those prices!

I have read about these price discrepancies here on the boards - different prices for different ships.

My cruise originates in Hong Kong and ends in Australia - I am wondering if that is why I have a better discount :confused:

With the prices Royal charge and then the exchange rate, I will not be getting a drink package and my liver will likely thank me for it.

I thought $71.90 Australian dollars for ultimate drinks package which includes coffee , juices, cocktails, spirits, beers, wines and soft drinks is a pretty good price. Is it not??

Would be interested to see what others are charging.

** Only my second cruise and first with drinks packages so learning the ropes.. Thanks in advance for any advise**

I thought $71.90 Australian dollars for ultimate drinks package which includes coffee , juices, cocktails, spirits, beers, wines and soft drinks is a pretty good price. Is it not??

** Only my second cruise and first with drinks packages so learning the ropes.. Thanks in advance for any advise**

In comparison to what?

It would vary to each person, as it may be a good price compared to another cruise line or to someone's drinking habits /daily spend when cruising. It is just too pricey for me.

It's a good price for RCL's ultimate package. But each person's value of that as to how much they would drink normally varies. They're not priced as a bargain for the average cruiser, more as a convenience.

Yes, for Royal Caribbean it's an excellent price.

Princess charges AU $59 and is probably the best value in our region.

I think P&O charge AU $79 if you buy online and AU $89 if you buy onboard. :eek:

Celebrity has similar pricing to Royal Caribbean. Their Premium package, the equivalent of RCI's Ultimate package, is showing as AU $91 online at the moment. It's US $67 onboard. However if you book an oceanview or better cabin at the moment you can choose to get a Classic package as a perk, then it only costs US $11.80 to upgrade it to the Premium package.

I don't think Carnival has a package, and I don't know about the others that blow through here for the season.