AMEX special offers (Royal Caribbean)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Cruisers...Sail with CELEBRITY cruises?

Friends who cruise...Check out your AMEX offers. My Blue card has this offer. Spend $500 with Celebrity, get $150 of statement credit.  Accept the offer on the AmEx website then pay $500 on a Celebrity and get $150 credit on your statement! Tgrgh 12/31/19

Hello Karen and Bill,

Thanks for the heads up.  My Gold card is offering Membership Rewards only, no statement credit. See the promotions below.

Get 10,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 3/31/2020. See wlcl.com/amex. For reservations only. 

Get 15,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $500+ on Celebrity Cruises cruise reservations online at celebrity.com/amex or by phone at 1-844-530-3783 by 12/31/2019. See terms for exclusions.

18 hours ago, Snackdaddy said:

Get 10,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 3/31/2020. See wlcl.com/amex. For reservations only. 

This offer is $100 back on a $500 purchase for most people (whose cards do not give MR points). This one should be available to everyone. The Celebrity one seems to be more YMMV as to whether you have it or not.

These offers are coming in VERY handily for me since I have  a Celebrity cruise to pay off and am about to book one on HAL.

The HAL discussion of the deal is here -- 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2710652-amex-spend-500-get-100-is-back

Has anyone tried to use the current $100 credit on $500 payment on an existing booking? 

I would love to use this to make a payment on an existing booking but the fine print says it will only work on “ reservations booked between 11/15/2019 and 3/31/2020”. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 8:42 PM, Wolfhunt said:

Has anyone tried to use the current $100 credit on $500 payment on an existing booking? 

I would love to use this to make a payment on an existing booking but the fine print says it will only work on “ reservations booked between 11/15/2019 and 3/31/2020”. 

Just realized that all of this discussion is taking place in a Royal Caribbean thread. There is no current Royal Caribbean offer and based on the dates you're mentioning, I suspect you are talking about the Holland America/Carnival/Princess offer.  If so, it will work fine on an older reservation.  It even works buying OBC. All that matters is that the charge comes in from Holland America Reservations or the appropriate line.

Believing the fine print on AMEX Offers can sometimes (often) be a bad idea.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...