!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Wonderful review so far! Thanks!!! :) We just got off the Getaway on May 8th and the Escape reminds me of her quite a bit! :)

They are quite similar, but I think Getaway has a slight advantage on capacity. I am looking forward to the day I get to sail on her :)

Great review! This is like a live-on review on steroids and condensed to a single day's worth of live reading/waiting. Love it!

Lol, I dont know about a single day worth of reading, but I do try my best :D

Gambee,

Great to read another review so quickly after Oasis.

I am booked on the Getaway and while the ships are different I hope to get a feel for NCL.

I think they are more similar than they are dissimilar, I am sure you will get plenty of useful information :)

Love it, your review is amazing as always.

Aww your mom is so cute with her happiness on the balcony. She's got a great son!

Glad the GoPro is all fixed up for this one. I remembered about the housing in your Oasis review.

Yeah, the GoPro was a bust, but I got some great pics with it on this cruise. I hope you enjoy them :)

Thank you for following both of my reviews :D

OMG! Love..love the details! Thank you so much for your review. Happy belated birthday to your Mom!

Thank you for following along. It is kindly appreciated :)

I am sure mom is following along, thank you for that.

"The other thing that shocked me was that I was told not to take pictures in there. But here is the thing, they told me not to take pictures after they saw me taking pictures of the broken down Snow room. Be aware if it's still broken, you can get a partial refund for your passes. From what I heard people were getting back a significant partial refund. But again, this is just word of mouth, don’t take me for a fact. I could have gotten the information wrong, word of mouth is never a trusted source."

Quote doesn't seem to be working for me right now but this is a little sad. The snow room was great to stop into for a minute or two right after the sauna. I'd be a little perturbed as well if it wasn't working.

Great review and looking forward to the rest!

I guess that is why everyone I talked to got a refund :). But that said, I really wanted to check it out. Specially living in South Florida.

Love your reviews, but this one is so very timely as I will be leaving on the Escape in two weeks! Given how close your last two cruises were, I can't wait to hear your thoughts as to how the Escape stacks up to the Oasis. You made me want to try the Oasis. :D

Love your reviews, but this one is so very timely as I will be leaving on the Escape in two weeks! Given how close your last two cruises were, I can't wait to hear your thoughts as to how the Escape stacks up to the Oasis. You made me want to try the Oasis. :D

This review should get you all pumped up! Hope you enjoy it, thanks for tagging along :)

We were also on this sailing and had a fantastic time. I was thinking of doing a full review but you beat me to the punch (and probably much better also).

I will still post a review but I won't include pictures since you've done a wonderful job so far. I can't wait for the rest of your review.

Excellent review so far. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for posting the daily for Entourage. We're sailing on Escape on August 20 with two teens. This is very helpful. I expect no less from your reviews. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Those heated loungers were to die for, and that view!

Norwegian%20Escape%20review-109_zpshe7glojq.jpg

You've certainly whet my appetite for that spa! My wife and I are going to sail on the Escape in a mere 406 days, and I booked a Spa Balcony. Those stone loungers will be our home away from home I suspect! :D

Norwegian%20Escape%20review-252_zpsukykk7lv.jpg

Norwegian%20Escape%20review-254_zpsu9jbikes.jpg

Norwegian%20Escape%20review-255_zpsskvqmiyc.jpg

Norwegian%20Escape%20review-256_zpslxwzkgs5.jpg

This ended up being my beer of choice, Little sumping' sumping' Soooooo good and I think it had something around 7.5%.

By the way on day 1 you pay for taxes on your drinks of the drink package. The way the package works is that they swipe the card and don’t give you a receipt or anything. I never had an issue with erroneous charges or anything. Although at times the Iconsierge app would show bad info, but if you check on the TV system all is good. Since there were no receipts, we carried dollars to tip them extra.

Service at the bars was excellent, the most we ever waited was about 5 minutes. The crew in general was exceptional, I still wonder if I was on the ship as all the people that complained before.

And guess who was out of battery on her phone :rolleyes:

Norwegian%20Escape%20review-257_zpsyqcflefb.jpg

Can you explain a bit more of the taxes part on day 1? Is it just for that day? Whats the tax rate?

Also are all the beers (under $15) in the Brew House included?

Edited by rka_99

Gambee, excited to follow along on another review!

Goodness, I've spent a lot of time on the computer between Oasis review and now this one! I guess it's okay since it still rains daily up in NY - drat! :cool:

We were also on this sailing and had a fantastic time. I was thinking of doing a full review but you beat me to the punch (and probably much better also).

I will still post a review but I won't include pictures since you've done a wonderful job so far. I can't wait for the rest of your review.

The more reviews the merrier, you get a much better view of a ship when you have different perspectives!

Gambee i must commend you for being such a great son and your reviews are simply the best.Thanks for taking the time !!!

Welcome aboard again :), nice to see you here.

And thank you for the kind words :)