broadbent

Eu referendum

We aren't actually away on 23rd. June - referendum day - but we are on Ventura from 8th. to 22nd. of June. This means that we will miss the whole last two weeks of campaigning. Shame!

We will be away but have had a postal vote for years, got it once when we were away in early May and missing the local elections, kept it going because we could.

This cruise is Dollar based on board spend, so if I get my Brexit wish who knows what might happen to the exchange rate.

Edited by terrierjohn

We will be away but have had a postal vote for years, got it once when we were away in early May and missing the local elections, kept it going because we could.

This cruise is Dollar based on board spend, so if I get my Brexit wish who knows what might happen to the exchange rate.

Ditto: on Cunard and back on 23 June. Have you thought about pre-buying on board spend? I have (thought about it, that is:)), but, like many of the electorate, am undecided.

I asked about postal vote but was told not available to 7th June.

Is this true?

We posted our application today.

The site below also states you have to have registered by June 7th. I understand that to mean to make sure that you have returned your signed form (which you can download) to the local district council office.

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/upcoming-elections-and-referendums/eu-referendum

Edited by turnip eater

Well that result and the subsequent consequences for the various leaders of the leave or remain campaigns wasn't what was expected.:eek:

I know it's an emotive issue in the UK, anyone think it's time to have another referendum, I voted to remain but I do listen to other views and know lots of people who voted leave, but, more and more they are saying that they didn't realise what would happen and wish they could change their mind.

imo (and it's just my opinion) I think if there were to be another vote now then the result would be a big vote to remain.

I really agree with that. I think that a lot of people who voted to leave did so, like the rest of us, not really knowing what would happen. Now look.

I think some exit votes had nothing to do with the EU itself, rather anti immigration and in particular, anti Londoncentric politicians, fat cats and riders on the gravy train. It was for a lot of people intended to be two fingers up to the wealthy self satisfied rich who were crushingly indifferent to the needs of ordinary people in this country.

Well, kick up the backside delivered. Let's get back to doing what's best for the UK, even if it means another referendum and a sneak back to Europe with our leaders' tails between their legs.

Looks like that ship has sailed, guys. But as England and Wales voted for economic suicide it's a bit harsh that Scotland and NI should be dragged down too.

The consequences of the leave vote were well trailed but the hard-of-thinking decided that they didn't need experts and would vote ''to get their country back''. Well done.

What's even more depressing is that a small group of the far right now have vast influence on a delicate position and I cannot think of one of the ''three wise men'' who is fit to negotiate a broadband deal never mind the UK's leaving the EU.

A real can of worms and I agree that it would be more sensible to have a vote when the consequences are more obvious and where the lies of the jingoists can be shown for the bag of sh1te that they really were.

I voted leave mainly so we could have our parliament and courts as the final arbiter of UK rule and justice, and nothing has so far changed my mind.

I agree that the pounds fall has been higher than I expected, but the markets have been wrong before, and quite frequently; so I am hopeful that once the final exit has been achieved the markets will once again prove to have been wrong.

I voted to Leave and I remain happy with that vote.

Staying in the EU doesn't mean nothing would have changed. We can already see moves for an EU army, greater integration, a disasterous Euro, greater enlargement etc.

The next 2-3 years will be turbulent but I am confident that we will come through it a stronger, more successful and happier country.

Proud to be living at such an exciting chapter in our nations history.