Live/Semi-Live review Explorer of the Seas May 20, 2016

Okay, I'm going to attempt this. I'm going to attempt to post pics as well as providing comments here and there. If you have any questions, please do ask. I will try to answer them as best to my abilities. BRB, going to the sail away party. :D

More to come maybe tonight. :)

Edited by Kinny

Okay, I'm going to attempt this. I'm going to attempt to post pics as well as providing comments here and there. If you have any questions, please do ask. I will try to answer them as best to my abilities. BRB, going to the sail away party. :D

More to come maybe tonight. :)

Thank you, we have been hoping someone would post before we sail June 3rd. How is the Internet/Voom, is it worth purchasing at the 30% off discount?

Thank you, we have been hoping someone would post before we sail June 3rd. How is the Internet/Voom, is it worth purchasing at the 30% off discount?

Okay, I just got back from dinner/cappuccino run. :D Internet is decent but latency is in the high 500ms range. It works, but I have not started uploading pics yet. I will update as we move on. My suspicion is, this is not Voom because Royal may not have the proper equipment set up or the satellites doesn't reach quite that far up north.

Definitely subscribing to this thread. We will be on the May 27th sailing (i.e. 2nd-ever sailing of this ship on this itinerary). Hoping you guys have a wonderful time on this "maiden" voyage for Explorer. Help them get everything shaken out before we get on next week, okay?!

Okay, I just got back from dinner/cappuccino run. :D Internet is decent but latency is in the high 500ms range. It works, but I havet not started uploading pics yet. I will update as we move on. My suspicion is, this is not Voom because Royal may not have the proper equipment set up or the satellites doesn't reach quite that far up north.

Thank you! How was the check in and boarding, and what time did you board? Enjoy your trip, and thanks again for taking the time to report.

Definitely subscribing to this thread. We will be on the May 27th sailing (i.e. 2nd-ever sailing of this ship on this itinerary). Hoping you guys have a wonderful time on this "maiden" voyage for Explorer. Help them get everything shaken out before we get on next week, okay?!

Will do. :D

Tonight's menu

26867301010_5ab4c557d7_b.jpgIMG_2207 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Thank you! How was the check in and boarding, and what time did you board? Enjoy your trip, and thanks again for taking the time to report.

Checking in and boarding didn't take long. I arrived at around 11:15 or so, and was at the Windjammer by 11:40AM. Of course I breezed through the priority check in line and walk pass the initial photo session. :D

Traffic getting to the terminal, however, was another story. I am not sure if the Port of Seattle ever handled two 3000+ passenger cruise ships at the same time before (Explorer of the Seas and Celebrity Solstice) The driver could not drop us off at the pickup/drop off area, so we decided to walk from the outside area.

I will try to enjoy my trip and glad I could help. :)

I had the smoked fish rillettes.

Not bad.

27108233636_4ca08ec529_b.jpgIMG_2209 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

In between, I had a couple pumpkin seed rolls. I love them ever since I started eating them on Indy. :D Mmmmmmmm Pumpkin seeds...

26535952454_5495b2d272_b.jpgIMG_2208 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

For the main en-tree, I had the Mojo-marinated grilled pork chop

Great flavor, and loved the sweet potatoes, but the actual pork chop is not as tender as I liked, but still pretty good. :)

27073142071_c9d9432005_b.jpgIMG_2210 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Desert menu

26537448723_8ce2edec9c_b.jpgIMG_2211 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

I had the Almond Chocolate Cake. This is actually really good. Not overly sweet, and does not have that heavy texture typical of chocolate deserts.

27108225916_ded55af747_b.jpgIMG_2212 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

I'm going to try to post some earlier pics I have taken with my DSLR. Just rather large and time consuming. Stay tune. :D

Thank you for taking the time to post. Will be getting on Explorer when you are getting off 5/27. A few ???'s. When are formal nights, presuming day 2 and 6? If you get a chance can you see if the lounge on deck 9 aft is a Suite Lounge or is still the Concierge Lounge? Is there a shuttle to Empress Hotel in Victoria? How are the seas - calm - rough? Weather? Enjoy your cruise and again thank you.

So, this is one question I've seen asked a few times here.

No, there is no actual Starbucks on Explorer of the Seas. Yes, they do sell Starbucks at Cafe Promenade. Yes, the Royal Refreshment package covers any Starbucks coffee drinks. :D There! Happy non-alcoholic drinking! LOL

27047552702_68e7ee46d5_b.jpgIMG_2225 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr