Solo female in New Orleans

TrqoisWtrs

I am considering staying at the Hampton Inn Convention Center for one night precruise (cheaper rate than the Hilton). I understand there is a shuttle I can grab across the street to go into the FQ? Looks like it runs until about 11pm. Is that a safe area to be walking around into the evening? I won't have a car and don't have a problem walking places; just want to make sure its safe to do so.

I was also thinking maybe I could try to fit in some sort of 'scary' tour? :) Again, wasn't sure if that would be doable, but if I can access it easily via the shuttle?

First time to New Orleans so any helpful tips would be great. TIA.

By "shuttle" are you talking about the streetcar? There is a station across from Hampton (John Churchill) but I thought it was closed. Unless I'm mistaken you would have to walk about 6 blocks to Julia Station.

http://www.freetoursbyfoot.com/new-orleans-tours/walking-tours/new-orleans-ghost-tour/

If you aren't opposed to using hotwire, you can get room at Hilton Riverside for $111 that night. Hilton would be much better for the streetcar. There's a riverfront stop out front and canal street stop is across the street. The trick is you have to search for 1 room, 1 adult...otherwise riverside won't show up for that night. I'm guessing they either only have 1 bed rooms or they're trying to get rid of the 1 bed rooms for that night. If you 're solo that may be perfect for you. It's the 4* French Quarter/Mississippi River with 90% recommendation for $111 with the 1 adult option selected.

Edited by Saint Greg