Does Viking offer incentives while you are onboard?

cmbath

Just curious if Viking Oceans does like other cruise lines and offer incentives for you to sign up for another cruise while you are onboard the ship?

I see a new itinerary I might like to try, but I'm wondering if I should go get it now, or wait two months and take my chances.

Chuck in Greensboro

Just curious if Viking Oceans does like other cruise lines and offer incentives for you to sign up for another cruise while you are onboard the ship?

I see a new itinerary I might like to try, but I'm wondering if I should go get it now, or wait two months and take my chances.

Chuck in Greensboro

cmbath... Based on our experience aboard the Viking Sea three weeks ago, Viking does offer an incentive to book cruises while on a current cruise. Repeat cruisers on Viking ships received a $200 pp normally. While on our Barcelona to Bergen cruise, Viking doubled that to $400 pp when we booked a new river cruise. I don't know if that was a one time deal available to cruisers on the Sea's maiden voyage or that is an ongoing incentive.

Usually Viking repeaters get $200pp if they rebook within a year of a cruise. No pressure to rebook on the ship. $100pp if they rebook within 2 years. During April, they offered past guests $400pp off any 2016 cruise....ocean or river. It was enough to make us book again. We booked Grand European for August. Got $800 off per couple added to nicely discounted prices. Free air and transfers was also included. Viking values past guests. My Viking Air is very good. Thank Viking.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like Viking has a similar program to Seabourn, although for far less money. I wonder if we could start a clearing house (sticky) to match referrers and referees, the way it's done on Seabourn.

I'll start -- we've booked our first Viking Ocean cruise for 2017 and would appreciate a referral.

There was a big hoo ha on these boards last fall about people getting Viking referral credit from referrals made via cruise critic boards. Don't remember exactly how it turned out but I think the conclusion was you cannot refer people from here. But I'm sure someone will fill us in.

Milling73 - the future cruise desk is on Deck 2. It was right at the top of the stairs of the atrium, starboard side. You can call them when you get onboard to get a time to see them. They were very helpful. We booked both a river and ocean cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums