Technical help please

cardbucfan

Hi, I'm trying to upload some pictures. I went to the FAQ and read what to do. I opened up a new post. I clicked on "manage attachments" and selected the option to choose a file from my computer. I clicked on the file name in the picture folder. The file says it's uploading and goes up to 100% then every time I get "upload of file failed". I even tried doing it from Photobucket. I don't know what the problem is!

Argh! I've got a review to post darn it!

Can anybody help me? All my college kids are gone and it's just us old fogeys here at home!

Image hosting on Cruise Critic is terrible. It won't let you attach an image larger than 20 kb and no bigger than 620 x 280.

You can use an external image hosting site like photobucket or whatever.

If you need help just hosting a few images you can email them to me and I will put them on a server for you to link to. If you'd like my help, send them to me - my username @gmail.com

Edited by triptolemus

You don't need to upload photos to an outside source. You can upload and have your photos hosted right here on Cruise Critic...for free.

Use the Photo Gallery link at the top of the page and upload your photos there. Once uploaded, you will get a link to your photo and you can use that link in your post to show your photo.

Just like this:

MGCrew.JPG

That's also a good option, Shark... I wasn't aware of it... thank you.

I can't believe CC offers unlimited disk space for that. It explains why they discourage attachments directly to the forum by making the file size limitations so small.

Great tip, SS.

Edited by triptolemus

You don't need to upload photos to an outside source. You can upload and have your photos hosted right here on Cruise Critic...for free.

Use the Photo Gallery link at the top of the page and upload your photos there. Once uploaded, you will get a link to your photo and you can use that link in your post to show your photo.

Just like this:

MGCrew.JPG

Where do you get the link? The photo uploaded but then when I go to click on "myphotos" it says I don't have permission to view it!

Hi, I'm trying to upload some pictures. I went to the FAQ and read what to do. I opened up a new post. I clicked on "manage attachments" and selected the option to choose a file from my computer. I clicked on the file name in the picture folder. The file says it's uploading and goes up to 100% then every time I get "upload of file failed". I even tried doing it from Photobucket. I don't know what the problem is!

Argh! I've got a review to post darn it!

Can anybody help me? All my college kids are gone and it's just us old fogeys here at home!

When you are using Photobucket, open your post window on here and don't click on "manage attachments." Then open your photo in Photobucket, go over to the right side of the page where it says "Share This Photo," go down to "IMG," copy the entire address in the box for IMG, then paste it directly into your post, and the image will show up here: (you won't see the photo, only the URL info, in the compose box, but you'll see it when you preview your post)

MedCruise20102295.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Edited by Turtles06