Have you experienced bugs on the ship?

A.stew12305

My husband and I are on the Royal, and had an extremely unwelcome visitor this afternoon. My husband brought in an invitation from the little mail slot for the art auction, and a huge COCKROACH fell out. Huge. We called the front desk and they sent a nice woman up who was very apologetic and clearly as disturbed as we were, she said we will be hearing from them about it.

If this were a hotel we would have checked out and found a new place to stay, but we aren't going to leave halfway through a cruise we have been waiting for months to go on.

Has this, or anything like it, happened to any of you?

I'm trying to post a picture, but photobucket is struggling with the ship's wifi I think..

It's part of the art.:rolleyes:

Looks just like home. :D

I was thinking the same thing!:rolleyes: We have those huge Palmetto bugs here too, and that's what the creature on the ship looks like. I don't like them, but they're a fact of life in our hot, humid climate.

Roaches can also nest and breed in boxes. If that bugger was up in the passenger cabins area it's possible that it hitchhiked from someone's case of wine brought on with their luggage. One reason we never bring into our home boxes that possibly came from warehoused foods or beverages. You may not see a bug but their eggs could be there. Ugh.