canceling dinner reservation

Beachlife06

i made a dinner reservation some time ago and want to cancel. i do not see it on my booking and tried to email the person who sent me the confirmation and got no reply. I'm trying to avoid calling as it will be long distance.

I booked my dinner reservations for Oct 21 cruise and have not got a confirmation and they don't show on my booking. Email today hope to hear from them soon

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I booked my dinner reservations for Oct 21 cruise and have not got a confirmation and they don't show on my booking. Email today hope to hear from them soon

It normally takes several days to receive a reply regarding dinner reservations. We submitted a reservation two days ago for the 21 October sailing also. On previous cruises, we received a response to our reservation requests within a week to ten days from the date we sent in the request. Your booking will not reflect the reservation confirmation. That will come via email to you. Just print it out and bring it with you on your cruise.

Edited by Zingy2
adding information

It normally takes several days to receive a reply regarding dinner reservations. We submitted a reservation two days ago for the 21 October sailing also. On previous cruises, we received a response to our reservation requests within a week to ten days from the date we sent in the request. Your booking will not reflect the reservation confirmation. That will come via email to you. Just print it out and bring it with you on your cruise.

I sent a request on April 23, have not heard back so sent another one May 23, and still nothing....I just emailed the above email and hopefully that works. Our cruise is October 1.

I sent a request on April 23, have not heard back so sent another one May 23, and still nothing....I just emailed the above email and hopefully that works. Our cruise is October 1.

I sent an email to another address and have heard back from the steakhouse, but not the other two restaurants. Ugh. Frustrating. We are on the same sailing.

I will have to give up and call. :mad: tried to e mail the same mail i was given when i got the confirmation and the last one here. no reply. last cruise we were on all reservations could be managed thru the booking but not in this cruise.

Just talked to CCL Customer Service regarding my dinner reservations on Oct 21 sailing. She said Vista us having a problem with answering emails and could not tell me if I have reservation or not. This is very frustrating as one of the nights requested is my birthday. I sure hope they get there act together

Just talked to CCL Customer Service regarding my dinner reservations on Oct 21 sailing. She said Vista us having a problem with answering emails and could not tell me if I have reservation or not. This is very frustrating as one of the nights requested is my birthday. I sure hope they get there act together

Interesting. That more than likely explains the lack of response to our request. Based on what Customer Service advised you, it appears the Vista may at the minimum be "receiving" the requests. I wonder if there is an alternate way for the Vista to communicate the reservation information back to them, so they in turn could get the information out to the people concerned.

I booked Jiji's and Steakhouse, have heard from Jiji's but not the steakhouse. I called Carnival Events and was told they had no way to confirm with the ship if the reservation request had gone through or not. Additionally, the ship was behind in replying to guests and was dealing with current/upcoming sailings in order to catch up.

I'm two weeks away from my sailing and have yet to hear back from them. I've also tried reaching out to John Heald, who promised to help, but nothing came out of that effort. Reached out to Matt Mitcham (Cruise Director), no replies to date. I really don't know what else to do at this point. I'll try the email address here but it sounds like this too is a road to nowhere.

I booked Jiji's and Steakhouse, have heard from Jiji's but not the steakhouse. I called Carnival Events and was told they had no way to confirm with the ship if the reservation request had gone through or not. Additionally, the ship was behind in replying to guests and was dealing with current/upcoming sailings in order to catch up.

I'm two weeks away from my sailing and have yet to hear back from them. I've also tried reaching out to John Heald, who promised to help, but nothing came out of that effort. Reached out to Matt Mitcham (Cruise Director), no replies to date. I really don't know what else to do at this point. I'll try the email address here but it sounds like this too is a road to nowhere.

We also considered contacting Carnival Events personnel again, to include resubmitting our requests for reservations through the system. However, based on your ongoing experience, our efforts also might prove unsuccessful. Hopefully, matters will be sorted out for you prior to your embarkation. We will continue our vigil and remain hopeful for a response regarding our pending reservations prior to our cruise date. Worst come to worst, we can always make reservations once we board (exception being the Chef's Table). Best of luck to you and happy sailing!

Thank you, same to you as well. Plan to call and try reserving online several times up to the point where we head overseas. I can't believe the ship's staff is this far behind on reservations, there's only so many seats at the steakhouse. Pick the first x number of seats that requested the reservation and move on to the next sailing. Simple as that, this isn't rocket science.

I finally heard back on some of my dining reservations for the steakhouse only still waiting on the other restaurants

Edited by Susanbf