Problems booking Seaside in category SE3 - Aurea Grand Suite

houseofduck

Not sure what you mean by open Balcony but the GS on the Port and Starboard sides do have a balcony. I just did a mock booking for a GS on deck 11 and it gives you the measurements for the cabin and balcony. With these details, the balcony is a good size.

This is Starboard side GS

STATEROOM NUMBER:

Stateroom category:

GRAND SUITE

Experience:

Aurea Experience

Stateroom Details

Occupancy: 4

Surface: 522.05 Square feet

Balcony Size 129.17 Square feet

Double sofa bed

Stateroom Facilities

Air conditioning

Wi-Fi

Telephone

Minibar

Safe

TV

And for 11001 - Center GS

STATEROOM NUMBER:

Stateroom category:

GRAND SUITE

Experience:

Aurea Experience

Stateroom Details

Surface: 527.44 Square feet

Balcony Size 182.99 Square feet

Sofa bed

Double sofa bed

Stateroom Facilities

Air conditioning

Wi-Fi

Telephone

Minibar

Safe

TV

Yes, that is what baffles me. MSC has information on balconies for these suites but the pictures show that they are covered. If I pay for a suite with a balcony I would love to sit outside and enjoy the view, wind, etc.

Yes, that is what baffles me. MSC has information on balconies for these suites but the pictures show that they are covered. If I pay for a suite with a balcony I would love to sit outside and enjoy the view, wind, etc.

If they had built all the front GS at least how the model looks with a balcony facing front and one on the side, that would have been great. I do agree though and it would have been nice for the balcony to be all glass or at least the top half part in glass.

Thanks. I found the picture below and it further convinces me that these will not have open balconies :confused:. Although I checked the description on MSC website and measurements for a balcony are included for each of those suites. I managed to book one of the middle ones for next year... just in case

I haven't seen that picture. It makes the forward windows look worse than what I imagined, they look like large porthole window(s) forward. I looked at a lot of the rendering and model videos and counted balconies from the hump forward, if you compare to the deck plan port and starboard GS could have a narrower (some close to single width) hull type side balcony. Some might have a small window further forward. In your picture above the side balconies look a little better than what I was thinking.

Not sure what you mean by open Balcony but the GS on the Port and Starboard sides do have a balcony. I just did a mock booking for a GS on deck 11 and it gives you the measurements for the cabin and balcony. With these details, the balcony is a good size.

Yes, they will have side facing balconies. Size of both cabin and balcony get smaller as you go up. My worry from the renderings was will they be like hull balconies. You can see on the above picture deck 11 and 12 will be, not sure about those above. Forward facing balconies will be the largest, but also look like lower part is steel (typical for forward). Did you see deck 14 side GS are listed as two person occupancy.

Edited by Até

I haven't seen that picture. It makes the forward windows look worse than what I imagined, they look like large porthole window(s) forward. I looked at a lot of the rendering and model videos and counted balconies from the hump forward, if you compare to the deck plan port and starboard GS could have a narrower (some close to single width) hull type side balcony. Some might have a small window further forward. In your picture above the side balconies look a little better than what I was thinking.

Yes, they will have side facing balconies. Size of both cabin and balcony get smaller as you go up. My worry from the renderings was will they be like hull balconies. You can see on the above picture deck 11 and 12 will be, not sure about those above. Forward facing balconies will be the largest, but also look like lower part is steel (typical for forward). Did you see deck 14 side GS are listed as two person occupancy.

Yes it is strange that a cabin that size is only allowed 2 guest, Then again there are some JS cabins on Oasis class ships that are setup for only 2, and others 3 even though they are all the exact same size. Maybe part of it is to control number of guest on each deck.

Edit. I think all the forward GS all the way to deck 14 will have some form of steel balcony as seen in the recent photos. Also as to size, deck 10 GS seems to be smaller than GS on 11 or 12.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

I thought the whole point of the GS was to be similar to the two bedroom suites like on NCL, those deck 14 two person GS have me perplexed. What is weirder about deck 10 is the two forward side rooms are classified as insides, so no forward window even.

Edited by Até

This is Starboard side GS

STATEROOM NUMBER:

Stateroom category:

GRAND SUITE

Experience:

Aurea Experience

Stateroom Details

Surface: 522.05 Square feet

Balcony Size 129.17 Square feet

Double sofa bed

Stateroom Facilities

Air conditioning

Wi-Fi

Telephone

Minibar

Safe

TV

And for 11001 - Center GS

STATEROOM NUMBER:

Stateroom category:

GRAND SUITE

Experience:

Aurea Experience

Stateroom Details

Surface: 527.44 Square feet

Balcony Size 182.99 Square feet

Sofa bed

Double sofa bed

Stateroom Facilities

Air conditioning

Wi-Fi

Telephone

Minibar

Safe

TV

Edit - Like most here, I do wish MSC (or even MSC Fans) post some more details photos of the front. A lot of the recent good photos are of the Aft.

This information contradicts the information I was given when I spoke with the MSC representative on the phone. I was told that 11001 was 550 sq. ft. and that 13001 was 624 sq. ft. I wasn't given a breakdown of suite/balcony sizes, but none of what I was given match the descriptions on the web site. Here are the details from the web site for 13001:

13001Stateroom category:

GRAND SUITE

Experience:

Aurea Experience

Stateroom Details

Occupancy: 5

Surface: 398.27 Square feet

Balcony Size 220.66 Square feet

Wonder which, if any, of the details are correct???

Edited by houseofduck

This information contradicts the information I was given when I spoke with the MSC representative on the phone. I was told that 11001 was 550 sq. ft. and that 13001 was 624 sq. ft. I wasn't given a breakdown of suite/balcony sizes, but none of what I was given match the descriptions on the web site. Here are the details from the web site for 13001:

13001Stateroom category:

GRAND SUITE

Experience:

Aurea Experience

Stateroom Details

Occupancy: 5

Surface: 398.27 Square feet

Balcony Size 220.66 Square feet

Wonder which, if any, of the details are correct???

Good question. From the deck plans, the center GS on decks 11, 12 and 14 appear to be much bigger than the other center GSs including 13001. Next question one might ask is, is the scale on the deck plans correct? Otherwise looks can be deceiving.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to add some input to this convo..

1) MSC is very frustrating just because... like you, it seems that alot of the information is not accurate

2) I was booked originally for 13001 ... in which a MSC rep stated that was slated for (5)

3) I then look at the deckplans, call back and another MSC rep stated thats not true. There are others available, she gave me 11001 and 90001 . So I asked which cabin was bigger ( interior wise ) - she did some research, she looked at something on her computer saying she has the exact sq footage and told me that 11001 is indeed bigger . ( 527 Sq Ft )

4) she also advised that as the floors get lower, naturally the cabins will get bigger since the end of the cabins ( towards ) balcony area slopes towards front of the ship. Based on the deckplan, this seems to be the case ( kind of ... )

She seemed very confident in her suggestions, so much that she actually said - you should take 11001 vs 13001, it would have more space for your party of 5. But reading above, and reading something that I saw on cruisedeckplans.com ... it states

"Forward Grand Suites located in the middle are longer with a second bath with toilet and shower and a second bedroom with two twins that can be joined as double. There will also be a glass enclosed porch on the deck to protect against wind while ship is moving forward. These suites vary in size but average reported size is 398 square feet with 200 square foot balcony area. Cabins 11001 and 14001 are the smallest. Cabins 10001 and 13001 are largest and sleep 5."

Based on above, cabin 10001 and 13001 are the largest and sleep 5, I have to assume they are referencing the inside. ( unless someone plans to sleep on the balcony =)

Anyways, Im going to ask again and share.. but I agree, something just isnt right.

C

Edited by onthegreenz

• 1 month later...

Follow up re GS: we booked deck 14 front corner for 2 people as did our friends since we were told only cabins available on inaugural cruise 12/1 from Venice. This past week we have realized the size is not what was reported in Oct 2016 and only for 2 people since one bedroom only. Still stating there are 2 bathrooms but do not believe since middle GS states only suite with 2 BR. We have not received any clarification from MSC who often continues to state there are 2 bedrooms!! Now uncertain of balcony and cannot get anyone who knows the answers! Today we now have read (not informed) we are embarking from Trieste, Italy NOT Venice!!! This is overwhelming to say the least! Of course we had already booked flight to Venice.

Good luck to all on these grand suites. Any new info I would appreciate!

Kathy

Follow up re GS: we booked deck 14 front corner for 2 people as did our friends since we were told only cabins available on inaugural cruise 12/1 from Venice. This past week we have realized the size is not what was reported in Oct 2016 and only for 2 people since one bedroom only. Still stating there are 2 bathrooms but do not believe since middle GS states only suite with 2 BR. We have not received any clarification from MSC who often continues to state there are 2 bedrooms!! Now uncertain of balcony and cannot get anyone who knows the answers! Today we now have read (not informed) we are embarking from Trieste, Italy NOT Venice!!! This is overwhelming to say the least! Of course we had already booked flight to Venice.

Good luck to all on these grand suites. Any new info I would appreciate!

Kathy

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you are having including the embarkation port. Did you book your flights through MSC. If so, may be they could offer you something. I am surprised that they did not email you to notify you of the change.

With respect to the GS suite cabins, a lot of us here are looking for some correct and clear updates. There seems to be a lot of contradictory info out there. Where are you getting information that the deck 14 corner GS has 2 bathrooms? The rendering of the middle GS cabins do show 2 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms even with the different cabin sizes. That is the one image that has been consistent on every website I have seen.

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you are having including the embarkation port. Did you book your flights through MSC. If so, may be they could offer you something. I am surprised that they did not email you to notify you of the change.

With respect to the GS suite cabins, a lot of us here are looking for some correct and clear updates. There seems to be a lot of contradictory info out there. Where are you getting information that the deck 14 corner GS has 2 bathrooms? The rendering of the middle GS cabins do show 2 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms even with the different cabin sizes. That is the one image that has been consistent on every website I have seen.

Just today we were still told the cabin was a 2/2! Then told 1/2 the MSC site states they are the smallest GS now but diagrams show 2/2! Ugh! No one knows! Or telling the truth!! Now the cabins are called corner GS which before were not. And the uncertainty of an open balcony is not addressed. Not sure if all glass??? No we didn't book flights with MSC. We are with a TA but booked on our own. Thankfully, the hotel can be cancelled. So sorry, don't want to sound so negative BUT.... Still hoping for something to change I guess.

Thanks for the response.

Kathy

Just today we were still told the cabin was a 2/2! Then told 1/2 the MSC site states they are the smallest GS now but diagrams show 2/2! Ugh! No one knows! Or telling the truth!! Now the cabins are called corner GS which before were not. And the uncertainty of an open balcony is not addressed. Not sure if all glass??? No we didn't book flights with MSC. We are with a TA but booked on our own. Thankfully, the hotel can be cancelled. So sorry, don't want to sound so negative BUT.... Still hoping for something to change I guess.

Thanks for the response.

Kathy

I don't think you sound negative at all. You have a very legitimate concern for which you are voicing and looking for answers.

Try looking up that cabin using the MSC UK site, you will more than likely get another different answer. What we discovered recently is, that the MSC UK website appears to have a better image representation of what the "corner" GS cabins may look like.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Homepage.aspx

I hope your TA will be able to help and get you something.

Edit - About you question about an open balcony and glass. From the images seen thus far, All the side "corner" GS cabins have a side balcony and it appears to be steel for most of it. Look at any recent photo of MSC Meraviglia and the very forward cabins on either side. They all have steel balconies with what looks like some type of railing along the top part of the balcony.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

I don't think you sound negative at all. You have a very legitimate concern for which you are voicing and looking for answers.

Try looking up that cabin using the MSC UK site, you will more than likely get another different answer. What we discovered recently is, that the MSC UK website appears to have a better image representation of what the "corner" GS cabins may look like.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Homepage.aspx

I hope your TA will be able to help and get you something.

Edit - About you question about an open balcony and glass. From the images seen thus far, All the side "corner" GS cabins have a side balcony and it appears to be steel for most of it. Look at any recent photo of MSC Meraviglia and the very forward cabins on either side. They all have steel balconies with what looks like some type of railing along the top part of the balcony.

Thank you for the site and updates. I went on site and see displays of a GS but unable to see specific ones. I also signed on but not permitted. Now the Meraviglis looks different as far as the "corner" GS they are mostly whirlpool GS. Will attempt calling MSC again but usually not helpful.

Also how do we combine the two threads from cruisecritic??? Anyone know? Think it would be all in one place. Lots of nice people. In the beginning the "inaugural" cruisers from Miami were merged with of us taking the TA from Italy. That was confusing.

Hope someone knows.

Thanks again for the info.

Kathy

Just got new brochure in mail today in office. I know it's new as shows Nassau and not Ocean Cay

Hope this helps

e1f1005dde7733b7d55396867d5fae93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing this info. If you don't mind me asking, did you have to request the brochure or was it just sent to you? Thanks.

The image shown is for the center Grand Suites. These can accommodate 5 because of the second bedroom plus the Sofa bed in the living area. For the side Grand Suites, most say max guests 4, with the exception of those on deck 14 that say 2. Also most of the side Grand Suites come with a double Sofa Bed, thus max 4 guests (assuming 1 Bedroom and living area). Wonder whether they are using the description with the image for ALL Grand Suites or as representated by the image just for the center Grand Suites.

The image shown is for the center Grand Suites. These can accommodate 5 because of the second bedroom plus the Sofa bed in the living area. ... Wonder whether they are using the description with the image for ALL Grand Suites or as representated by the image just for the center Grand Suites.

That image, along with the floor plan, has been on the US MSC website for quite a while now and is definitely very representative because it is used for 14002/3 on the booking side, and actually it's used for all GS. Whether all the side GS will be 2br/2bath is now in question based on the UK site having their floor plan images changed to the 1br "Fantasia layout".

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside/Cabin-And-Suites.aspx

That image, along with the floor plan, has been on the US MSC website for quite a while now and is definitely very representative because it is used for 14002/3 on the booking side, and actually it's used for all GS. Whether all the side GS will be 2br/2bath is now in question based on the UK site having their floor plan images changed to the 1br "Fantasia layout".

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside/Cabin-And-Suites.aspx

You are right about that image being used by the MSC USA website for ALL Grand Suites. Hopefully soon things will be made clear and every one will be happy :)

I have an update. I just attempted to book 12001 for a 10/2018 cruise. I was able to select this grand suite for a party of 5. This is the same suite that I was repeatedly told I could not book for 2/2018. In the past, I was told that I could only book 13001 in the Aurea Grand Suites. I don't think 12001 is available for the original cruise I have booked.

Catching this late. I just booked room 12002 for a November 2018 cruise. So it does not have 2 bedrooms in it? The reason I purchased it was because it said it was just over 600 sq ft with the 2 bedrooms. Will they compensate me if it ends up not having 2 bedrooms?

I just booked room 12002 for a November 2018 cruise. So it does not have 2 bedrooms in it? .... Will they compensate me if it ends up not having 2 bedrooms?

Well, it depends on which county's site you look at. US floor plan shows 2br/2bath, UK shows 1br/1bath. Compensate?

The center Grand Suites (5 pax) have very big differences in size :(

On deck 9 and 10 (9001 and 10001) they will have 37 sqm + 20 sqm (balcony), but the 11001, 12001 and 14001 will have 49 sqm + 17 sqm (balcony) :(

All of them shows 2 bdr + 2 baths.

The side Grand Suites (4 pax) will have 48,5 sqm + 12 sqm (balcony). This i found on deck 11 and 13, the others were not available.

I found this info on the Brazilian website, and it shows each cabin specifically, so probably this info is correct.

• 2 weeks later...
The center Grand Suites (5 pax) have very big differences in size :(

On deck 9 and 10 (9001 and 10001) they will have 37 sqm + 20 sqm (balcony), but the 11001, 12001 and 14001 will have 49 sqm + 17 sqm (balcony) :(

All of them shows 2 bdr + 2 baths.

The side Grand Suites (4 pax) will have 48,5 sqm + 12 sqm (balcony). This i found on deck 11 and 13, the others were not available.

I found this info on the Brazilian website, and it shows each cabin specifically, so probably this info is correct.

I booked cabin 9001 for next June. My confirmation from MSC shows the cabin area as 376 square feet and the bath area as 32 square feet. No measurement was provided for the balcony.

Glad I came across this thread. My family is booked in 13002 for the March 31,18 sailing. Going to be very upset if what I have booked expecting to be a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom stateroom turns out to be 1 bedroom/1 bathroom. My teenage children will not want to sleep together on a sofa bed, nor did I expect to pay this amount of money for those type of sleeping arrangements. Guess I'll look for a backup vacation plan. Was really looking forward to this cruise. Very frustrating.