Cruise Critic Community
macfam76

Cruise Traditions

Similar to 'bury me at sea's' comment way back at post #3, DW and I always hold hands the last few feet of the gangway, and then jump together from the threshold of the gangway onto the deck of the ship. It's our way of officially starting our cruise vacation! :D

Brilliant!

We do the same thing! I dress for dinner (we dress up every night) and then wait for her in the cigar lounge. She arrives looking ravishing and always finds a way to let me know what's under the new dress. I never know what she'll be wearing. We pretend we're meeting for the first time!

I try to get a new shot glass for each new ship and port of call. I also enjoy watching my phone loose signal as we leave the port.

we do the same thing! I dress for dinner (we dress up every night) and then wait for her in the cigar lounge. She arrives looking ravishing and always finds a way to let me know what's under the new dress. I never know what she'll be wearing. We pretend we're meeting for the first time!

love it!;)

We have a tradition that started way back on our first cruise on the Majesty of the Seas. Majesty is famous for small cabins, but we expected that and were not bothered by it. However in order to make use of the limited space I would shower and dress for dinner first and then go to a bar, usually the Schooner on RCI ships and have a brew or two & make new friends while the wife had the room to herself to get ready. I always enjoyed seeing her coming in to join me, especially on formal nights when she was all dressed up. I would get that "first date" feeling all over again. Even with the larger cabins we have kept this tradition through the years.

I know this post is almost a year old, but this is the sweetest thing I've ever read! <3 I wish everyone could find such love! :)

I have 4:

1.) If I like the love shows, I will go to them twice!

2.) If there's a Del Sol around, I will stop and but as much as I can!

3.) The same for #2 also applies to any Margueritaville

4.) I must buy the Bottomless Soda package and drink a Diet Coke on the first day!

Sent from my LGL22C using Forums mobile app

Brought from Nantucket ferry tradition--

We toss a penny overboard on departure >> for good luck on this cruise, and guarantee a repeat journey in the future.

(Yes, against ship rules; I'm a rebel.

Yes, I may trash the entire marine ecosystem with a penny; not a tree-hugger).

Tsk... tsk.. tsk!

Just imagine all the fragile ecosystems you've already destroyed with just that one, entirely selfish, self centered tradition of yours! <wink> ;);p

P.S. Not a tree hugger either!

Edited by KroozNut

We have a tradition that started way back on our first cruise on the Majesty of the Seas. Majesty is famous for small cabins, but we expected that and were not bothered by it. However in order to make use of the limited space I would shower and dress for dinner first and then go to a bar, usually the Schooner on RCI ships and have a brew or two & make new friends while the wife had the room to herself to get ready. I always enjoyed seeing her coming in to join me, especially on formal nights when she was all dressed up. I would get that "first date" feeling all over again. Even with the larger cabins we have kept this tradition through the years.

Same here. It is fun when she arrives. I'm not terrible looking, but my wife is a timeless beauty, who prefers to dress as if we are headed to the Oscars when we're on a cruise, so there is always the "wow" from the bartender or any fellow pax I've been chatting with when she walks up, as in "wow, SHE married YOU?" I'm not too offended. :)

Edited by theotherchad
clarity

My tradition is to watch the ship pushing off from the dock. That's when I'm officially cruising.

On 7/3/2017 at 2:12 PM, theotherchad said:

Same here. It is fun when she arrives. I'm not terrible looking, but my wife is a timeless beauty, who prefers to dress as if we are headed to the Oscars when we're on a cruise, so there is always the "wow" from the bartender or any fellow pax I've been chatting with when she walks up, as in "wow, SHE married YOU?" I'm not too offended. 🙂

How sweet.  It's wonderful that you find your wife so beautiful.  I would love to have a tradition like this.  

On 11/2/2016 at 4:42 PM, CanobieFan said:

Still being new to cruising.... I pretty much put my stuff in the room and then run around the entire ship exploring, being sure to find the ice cream machine along the way!

Yes, my first ice cream is always one of my favorite things. 

Once in our cabin, we do "the happy dance" open our bubbly and toast each other with a kiss and say " Happy Crusing!"