Gastro bar / premium bev package on equinox

123linz123

Its not about the bar as much as its about which beverages you decide to order. A nice thing about the Premium package is that even if you order something over the covered price...you would only pay the difference.

Hank

Is this a bar that is included in the premium package as well as an upsale dining venue?

Can I go there just for a drink? That's included in my premium package

Thanks

Not an upscale dining venue.... pub type venue with a la carte pricing..interesting but limited menu and hours,

almost all drinks sold here are premium and above

very few available on the Classic we had.

Strange thing to me, is there are some what i consider premium beers on the Classic and not very premium beers on the premium package

i could be that they are imported into the US so are classed as premium.

even though the ship is in Europe or UK

The GastroBar has become our go to spot on the Equinox! One of the items that got us to sail the 10 day last Nov after the 11 day in Nov 2014. We loved it. Now you need to be a craft beer nerd to fully embrace this place, or it becomes just another bar to get a drink at. They kept the wine the wifester was drinking in stock after the first day for her.

It is not the "BAR" that is covered by your package, but the cost of the drink. This is true thru out the entire ship and all the bar's. of the 35-40 beers on the menu, only 3-4-5 were within the Classis limits, and 8-10-12 had an additional cost above the Premium cap.

But what a fun place to meet and get to know other passengers. Great venue, Celebrity needs to add it to all the other ships.

EW

200586198_gas1.jpg.c17af0d838db3cc231f0882d8435c95f.jpg

gastroBar.jpg.96db4391c10deeaaa3ae205945edc70b.jpg

wine.jpg.b27ec70438afd49829ba133489c139ad.jpg

The GastroBar has become our go to spot on the Equinox! One of the items that got us to sail the 10 day last Nov after the 11 day in Nov 2014. We loved it. Now you need to be a craft beer nerd to fully embrace this place, or it becomes just another bar to get a drink at. They kept the wine the wifester was drinking in stock after the first day for her.

It is not the "BAR" that is covered by your package, but the cost of the drink. This is true thru out the entire ship and all the bar's. of the 35-40 beers on the menu, only 3-4-5 were within the Classis limits, and 8-10-12 had an additional cost above the Premium cap.

But what a fun place to meet and get to know other passengers. Great venue, Celebrity needs to add it to all the other ships.

EW

Are the craft beers sold in the Gastro Bar only or do other venues on board sell them too?

I was afraid you would say that.

Many time we would go and get a Dogfish 90 and take it out to the pool. You don't have to stay there to drink on.

Other times there would be 2-3-4 sometimes 5 of us. We would each get a different beer, and make our own flight so we could sample more of the selection.

Watch the board at the entrance, they have a 50% off Happy Hour a couple of time from 4-6 in the evening.

Many time we would go and get a Dogfish 90 and take it out to the pool. You don't have to stay there to drink on.

Other times there would be 2-3-4 sometimes 5 of us. We would each get a different beer, and make our own flight so we could sample more of the selection.

Watch the board at the entrance, they have a 50% off Happy Hour a couple of time from 4-6 in the evening.

Thanks for the tips!

Thanks for the tips!

There is also a beer and food paring for $20-25 pp that matches up beer with the menu items. It sold out both times it was offered on our last two cruises. The burger is outta sight good, and the flat bread pizzas are also well worth the extra cost.

There is also a beer and food paring for $20-25 pp that matches up beer with the menu items. It sold out both times it was offered on our last two cruises. The burger is outta sight good, and the flat bread pizzas are also well worth the extra cost.

When & where do you sign up for this?

Would this be available for lunch at embarkation ?

Would this be available for lunch at embarkation ?

No, it is a special class done in the middle of the day.

I don't remember if they had the food service open on embarkation day or not.

Edited by wallie5446

If a beer is a priced above the Premium pre-discount, will it be included on the package after the 50% discount without any additional charge?

If a beer is a priced above the Premium pre-discount, will it be included on the package after the 50% discount without any additional charge?

2 years ago I got the Rouge Double choc that is $35. The H.H. 50% off, made it $17.50, they applied my $13 Prem pkg I signed the chit for $5.31.

This past Nov the same bartender from the yr before, said they could no longer apply 2 discounts to an order. I of course went to the ft desk and whined, opps, inquired ;) like a good Capt Club Elite and Cruise Critic member should! :rolleyes: And was politely told the same thing.

So we did not go during the H.H. at all this past yr.

Edited by wallie5446

Since our Classic package only does beer up to $6, can you use it during HH if regular prices come down due to 50% off ? Placing a lot of beer in our price. Thank you.

No, they will only apply one discount, the use of the bev pkg or the 50% off for the HH. Not both.

On the Classic if you go over you pay the entire amount, say $9.00, at least with the HH discount it is only $4.50

Edited by wallie5446