New shuttle to town in Denali

K.T.B.

Just back from my Alaskan trip with a bit of good news for those who will be staying at Denali Park Village: There's a new independent shuttle that goes to town in the evenings now. Most surprising of all, Denali Park Village is allowing it to pick up people at their front door! It runs every 30 minutes, beginning at 4PM until 10:30PM. It costs $5 a person each way. It currently makes 3 stops at Denali Park Village, Denali Grizzly Bear Resort Hotel and downtown (close to Salmon Bake).

Hopefully people use the shuttle a LOT! Getting away from Denali Park Village for a good dinner is worth the cost! :)

Hopefully people use the shuttle a LOT! Getting away from Denali Park Village for a good dinner is worth the cost! :)

I know food is very subjective, but I have to agree. Our dinner in the Village restaurant was the only one we weren't pleased with on our cruise-tour last summer. When we arrived, staying put for dinner seemed the best choice after a long day. Afterwards, we wished we'd gone elsewhere. It was otherwise a nice place to stay, with beautiful surroundings.