15 Night Bering Sea & Japan Cruise on Millennium

ilikeplanes

haikou! There are many of us who adore Milos! His presentations are entertaining, and he is actually quite learned. So glad to hear he's on the Millennium for the transpacific this year and hope that he's there next year, as we will be aboard for the crossing in 2017.

Betsy

I see you are going on the Sept. 8, 2017 sailing to Japan. We are also. We were wondering about the weather on the crossing in 2016. Any input?

Wayne

We're booked on the Millenium transpacific cruise from Vancouver to Yokohama on Sept. 8. It seems that Celebrity is not offering any excursion when we're Dutch Harbour, Alaska. Is this correct? I would have preferred Petropavlovsk......

Saw that you are going on the Sept. 8, 2017 crossing to Japan. We are also going. I also could not find anything offered for Dutch Harbor and I called them to find out why. They had no answer. Especially since we spend a whole day there.

Have you had any better luck?

Boattraveller

• 4 months later...
We are doing Tokyo to Vancouver in May on Millie. We are really looking forward to it. We have one of the sweet 16 cabins. My question to anyone who has done this cruise, is what is the weather like. Wondering what to pack. It will be summer in Vancouver and Las Vegas (we have 3 nights in Vegas on the way home) and I am wondering what to pack. Shorts and t-shirts or jeans and jumpers?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello!

We are doing the same sailing April 26, 2018 :)

How did you enjoy the sailing?

What was the weather like?

:)

Hello!

We are doing the same sailing April 26, 2018 :)

How did you enjoy the sailing?What was the weather like?:)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2302822

Seoulgirl,

I have posted the link to your roll call. It looks very active. You can probably get all your questions answered there. :)

Cruise CRITIC means just that. I don't read cruise critic to read posts/reviews from members who are cheerleaders for a particular line. You know the people who basically say love it or leave it Those reviews are not at all helpful to any of us when we are about to try a cruise line for the first time. .And even when guests did not have a good experience on my favored cruise line, there is no need to take it so personally as to try and invalidate another guest's experiences.

Perhaps the key here is (as with comedians) it's the way you tell 'em. Your posts read more like a rant of a bad-tempered child than a well-tempered criticism. I'm not surprised nobody wanted to befriend you - they were probably following your posts with amazement and wondering when you were going to pop up with "Smile, you're on Candid Camera." Pour yourself a nice long drink, pat the cat, and ease up.

• 2 months later...

Hard to say, we went the opposite way in Sept. Not a lot of pool or outside time. We had good lectures and other things to do inside. Read a lot of books and relaxed. We had more continuous days at sea since Dutch Harbor was replaced by Sitka, but we really enjoyed it.

Took the Transpacific and Japan cruises last September and must say that it was one of our best cruising experiences. Captain Nick and his staff were wonderful!!! It's the passengers and crew who make a cruise for me and I met some great people. I had my 7? birthday on this cruise and when I passed Al Bacio Satoko, one of the servers sang Happy Birthday in Japanese. That was very special. I found the ports to be interesting.

A fair and honest Critic can also praise what it praiseworthy. A true critic starts by being neutral and forms opinions as they experience.

• 1 month later...