Mommy Prepping Questions: NCL Breakaway questions

CleoSushi

hola all,

Its been a while since my family and i cruised so would like to ask a few questions and hopefully some of you cruisers can help:

-Would anyone know what restaurants on board besides the buffett one that would offer lunch on the first day?

-has anyone tried the kids program on the breakaway my lil man is 7.

-can we bring on board water and protein shakes?

THX ALL, really appreciate any help here!:D

hola all,

Its been a while since my family and i cruised so would like to ask a few questions and hopefully some of you cruisers can help:

-Would anyone know what restaurants on board besides the buffett one that would offer lunch on the first day?

-has anyone tried the kids program on the breakaway my lil man is 7.

-can we bring on board water and protein shakes?

THX ALL, really appreciate any help here!:D

I suggest you head over to the Norwegian cruise line board and ask. More NCL cruisers there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=107

Yes..you can bring reasonable amounts of water (although the ship's water is fine)...and your protein stuff.

Most kids in that age group LOVE the kid's clubs! I'm sure yours will, too!

There will be other food stand places open on boarding day...just not the dining room. The largest selection of food is the buffet.

Yes..you can bring reasonable amounts of water (although the ship's water is fine)...and your protein stuff.

There will be other food stand places open on boarding day...just not the dining room. The largest selection of food is the buffet.

On NCL a main dining room absolutely will be open on embarkation day.

Hope im able to tear my kid away from the kids area lol but at least that may give me and the hubby some private pool time LOL. Thanks a bunch, greatly appreciate it.

Hope im able to tear my kid away from the kids area lol but at least that may give me and the hubby some private pool time LOL. Thanks a bunch, greatly appreciate it.

Our 6 y/o Grandson LOVED the Splash Academy!

So many ships that we have sailed, have dark & dreary areas with a few video machines and coloring books...........NCL LOVES Children!

The Breakaway area was two stories, bright, clean and HUGE! Staffed with energetic young men and women (Nannys?). The "energy" even at the entrance makes you smile.

There were areas for different ages, with crafts, games, a parade! On and on.......our grandson would grab a quick dinner and happily head out.

You receive a pager in case any issues arise........

our 6 y/o grandson loved the splash academy!

So many ships that we have sailed, have dark & dreary areas with a few video machines and coloring books...........ncl loves children!

The breakaway area was two stories, bright, clean and huge! Staffed with energetic young men and women (nannys?). The "energy" even at the entrance makes you smile.

There were areas for different ages, with crafts, games, a parade! On and on.......our grandson would grab a quick dinner and happily head out.

You receive a pager in case any issues arise........

wonderful thank you

Last summer my 7 & 9 year old girls LOVED IT - they cried when we left! They had plenty of varied activities to keep them busy - they often had painted faces when we picked them up. We also did a port lunch while in Bermuda---one day we had planned a beach day but it rained, so, the kids went to splash academy (including the port day lunch) and the grown ups took a taxi tour of the island. When you sign them up you will get a schedule for the week and the activities for each day.

What also worked for us was that we often took the kids to the buffet for dinner early, they would go to splash academy, and the grown ups would go to the main dining room for a leisurely dinner. (our kids would much rather go play then sit through a long leisurely dinner - they find that boring)