Cruise Critic Community
canadian9981

Palma de Mallorca - DIY?

2 hours ago, iafamilyof5 said:

Hi Roger - thank you for all of the great information! We are planning to go to Illetas Beach per your recommendation. You've mentioned there is good snorkeling there. Do you know if you can rent equipment on or near the beach? We will not be bringing our own but my teenagers are interested in snorkeling. Many thanks in advance.

On the hill just beyond the entrance to the beach you will find a shop where you can purchase a set very cheaply you will see them displayed outside.

The best snorkeling is from the first beach I you look back one page I have shown 3 pics of the three beaches in Illetas it is the last pic , The shop is by the first beach shown is is only a short walk(5 mins ) between the tree bays.

6 hours ago, roger b said:

On the hill just beyond the entrance to the beach you will find a shop where you can purchase a set very cheaply you will see them displayed outside.

The best snorkeling is from the first beach I you look back one page I have shown 3 pics of the three beaches in Illetas it is the last pic , The shop is by the first beach shown is is only a short walk(5 mins ) between the tree bays.

Perfect - thank you for your quick response!

I think I understand both bus and taxi will be an option to go to Illetas, will those both be within walking distance of the ship?  Also, we are a family of 6, would we fit in 1 taxi/are there vans?

And, as our port time is 1300-2230, if we wanted to explore any small town areas are there any close to Illetas or the port?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

I think I understand both bus and taxi will be an option to go to Illetas, will those both be within walking distance of the ship?  Also, we are a family of 6, would we fit in 1 taxi/are there vans?

And, as our port time is 1300-2230, if we wanted to explore any small town areas are there any close to Illetas or the port?

Thank you!

There are no taxis that take 6 persons , but the bus (no3) is very easy it is a 10 min walk from the port and is found by crossing the bridge across the sea front road and following round to the bus stop costs 1.50 euros.

it will say Illetas on the front of the bus, best to spend the afternoon there and get the bus back into Palma when you are finished on the beach it will take you to the center of town.

18 hours ago, roger b said:

There are no taxis that take 6 persons , but the bus (no3) is very easy it is a 10 min walk from the port and is found by crossing the bridge across the sea front road and following round to the bus stop costs 1.50 euros.

it will say Illetas on the front of the bus, best to spend the afternoon there and get the bus back into Palma when you are finished on the beach it will take you to the center of town.

Thank you!

For paying the 1.50 euro per person, is that kids too?  And, do we have to have correct change, for example 9 euro for 6 of us?

4 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Thank you!

For paying the 1.50 euro per person, is that kids too?  And, do we have to have correct change, for example 9 euro for 6 of us?

You do not have to have the correct change you pay the driver as you get on the bus, kids under 5 travel free.

https://www.seemallorca.com/buses

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your help so far!  We are thinking about Illetas Beach.  Should we ask to be dropped off at Balneario?  Where do you think we have the best chance of getting loungers and an umbrella around 10am?

Many Thanks!

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:26 AM, susanrobert said:

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your help so far!  We are thinking about Illetas Beach.  Should we ask to be dropped off at Balneario?  Where do you think we have the best chance of getting loungers and an umbrella around 10am?

Many Thanks!

Yes !! The best restaurant is on this beach if you can't find a sun bed it is a 5 min walk back to the next beach. If you do not have children and want something more up market go for below.

https://www.purobeach.com/es/beach-club-illetas/