Cruise Critic Community
cdl324

Budget things to do!

We are cruising in October on our honeymoon and this is one of our port stops! We are on a budget so we are looking for recommendations on things to do, best beaches, etc. If anyone has any suggestions, this is our first time on a cruise and first time out of the country!! Thanks in advance. :)

Depending on other stops on your cruise, you may want to skip the beaches. There are places to go and things to see in Basseterre. There is the National Museum as you leave the Port Zante area, the Circus with the Berkleley Memorial. Independence where slaves were bought & sold. The Co-Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, St George's Anglican Church which has one of the oldest pipe organs in the world. A walk down the Bay Road will take you by the public market. Visit the islands official tourism site at : stkittstourism.kn

Edited by paul58

We are cruising in October on our honeymoon and this is one of our port stops! We are on a budget so we are looking for recommendations on things to do, best beaches, etc. If anyone has any suggestions, this is our first time on a cruise and first time out of the country!! Thanks in advance. :)

Sounds like you might be on a port intensive cruise and excursions every day can be expensive and exhausting. You might want to consider a quiet relaxing day in St Kitts? I can recommend an inexpensive day pass to Palm Court Gardens and you could combine it with the recommendations in the post above.

http://www.palmscourtgardens.com/pool_-_day_pass

You can easily walk to Palm Court by continuing along Bay Road, passed the market. The pass will cost you $12 for a very quiet and relaxing time on a lounger, with access to pool and great view. Food and drink available as optional extras, or you can gave large breakfast before you leave ship and return for late afternoon snacks.

The St. Kitts Marriott Day Pass is only $59 per person and they have a Beautiful private beach with Day Beds. I booked that Day Pass with Resort for Day. They only offer 15 passes each day though, so you'll want to book early. Congratulations on the Wedding :)

The St. Kitts Marriott Day Pass is only $59 per person and they have a Beautiful private beach with Day Beds. I booked that Day Pass with Resort for Day. They only offer 15 passes each day though, so you'll want to book early. Congratulations on the Wedding :)

I know everyone has a different idea of budget friendly, which it is why it is such a subjective question, but $60 each PLUS transport, PLUS food and drinks is not my idea of an inexpensive day.

Also has the price gone up recently I thought previous people had reported $35-40? Resort-for-a-day often (not always) charges higher prices for its passes which is why I always check with hotel direct as well when I am considering a day pass.

HOW do you book the day pass? OR where should I look to find it? THANKS

HOW do you book the day pass? OR where should I look to find it? THANKS

Google Resort for a day for day passes at various locations. Usually more expensive due to fees.

Most people buy direct from the resort, as I said above. Only snag is you cannot pre-book you buy directly from the lobby, on the day. Unless it is high season it has not been reported to be a problem. It also gives you the option to check the weather on the day before deciding.

Edited by c-leg5

Resort for a day does offer a day pass to the Marriott in St Kitts. It is more expensive than the walk up price of $35. Either way you will pay for the taxi ride to the Marriott and I am guessing any additional taxes or fees may be added to your cost also. The Marriott is nice but you could be at any Marriott and the look would be the same.

Sounds like you might be on a port intensive cruise and excursions every day can be expensive and exhausting. You might want to consider a quiet relaxing day in St Kitts? I can recommend an inexpensive day pass to Palm Court Gardens and you could combine it with the recommendations in the post above.

http://www.palmscourtgardens.com/pool_-_day_pass

You can easily walk to Palm Court by continuing along Bay Road, passed the market. The pass will cost you $12 for a very quiet and relaxing time on a lounger, with access to pool and great view. Food and drink available as optional extras, or you can gave large breakfast before you leave ship and return for late afternoon snacks.

We're very much looking forward to Palm Court Gardens this time in St. Kitts!

While inexpensive, More Important, it's convenient and very nice. :)

LuLu