Saint Greg - hotel room for five with stay and cruise

Dymt

Hi, Saint Greg -

We're a family of five (three kids) driving down from IL for an NCL cruise that departs on Dec 23. Ideally, we'd like a suite on the 22nd outside the city in a safe area as we aren't going to have time to see the sights. But we don't want to have much drive time as we check in at 10:00 am for our cruise. Do you have suggestions of locations or hotels for us?

Thanks so much,

DYMT

Hi, Saint Greg -

We're a family of five (three kids) driving down from IL for an NCL cruise that departs on Dec 23. Ideally, we'd like a suite on the 22nd outside the city in a safe area as we aren't going to have time to see the sights. But we don't want to have much drive time as we check in at 10:00 am for our cruise. Do you have suggestions of locations or hotels for us?

Thanks so much,

DYMT

I should add that we want a stay and cruise package if at all possible so we don't have to park at the pier. My husband didn't enjoy that last year!!

I'm really not the person to ask about park and cruise packages because I've never used them. When I stay away from downtown I stay in Kenner or Metairie. That's probably 7-8 miles from the port. But if a hotel out there doesn't offer a shuttle to the port you could probably pay for cruise parking with what the cab fare would be. Here are some threads that may help you with park and cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2197840

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2149088

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2369976

Saint Greg, would you have any idea what the 3 star, 100% recommended hotel MSY airport area would be on Hotwire ($84 on Aug. 13th). Am open to other areas (warehouse, garden district, etc) for $130 or under...any recommendations? Pool for the grandson is the most important thing.

Saint Greg, would you have any idea what the 3 star, 100% recommended hotel MSY airport area would be on Hotwire ($84 on Aug. 13th). Am open to other areas (warehouse, garden district, etc) for $130 or under...any recommendations? Pool for the grandson is the most important thing.

I had just responded to your thread. The hotel in question should be Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Orleans Airport South.

I'll give you some others closer to the action that are under $130.

$84.00 - 4* Downtown-Superdome 95% recommendation - Hyatt Regency

$85.00 - 3.5* Downtown-Superdome 85% recommendation - Aloft New Orleans Downtown

$90.00 - 4* French Quarter-Bourbon Street 85% recommendation - I'm really not sure on this one. It could be new to hotwire or it could be a downgrade of Sheraton on Canal Street which has been 4.5* for a couple years. The only "Pet Friendly" 4* I've seen in this area was Sheraton on Canal before it was upgraded to 4.5*.

$112 - 3.5* Warehouse District 95% recommendation - Only 5 hotwire reviews on this one...it tells me it's Hotel Modern but Hotel Modern has been on here for years. Intercontinental did just purchase Hotel Modern last month so I guess it's possible they started over with new reviews under new ownership.

$114 - 3* Warehouse District All-Suites Hotel 95% recommendation - Staybridge Suites

$119 - 3* Garden District 85% recommendation - This one is new to hotwire so I don't know for sure but the guess is Prytania Oaks.

I had just responded to your thread. The hotel in question should be Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Orleans Airport South.

I'll give you some others closer to the action that are under $130.

$84.00 - 4* Downtown-Superdome 95% recommendation - Hyatt Regency

$85.00 - 3.5* Downtown-Superdome 85% recommendation - Aloft New Orleans Downtown

$90.00 - 4* French Quarter-Bourbon Street 85% recommendation - I'm really not sure on this one. It could be new to hotwire or it could be a downgrade of Sheraton on Canal Street which has been 4.5* for a couple years. The only "Pet Friendly" 4* I've seen in this area was Sheraton on Canal before it was upgraded to 4.5*.

$112 - 3.5* Warehouse District 95% recommendation - Only 5 hotwire reviews on this one...it tells me it's Hotel Modern but Hotel Modern has been on here for years. Intercontinental did just purchase Hotel Modern last month so I guess it's possible they started over with new reviews under new ownership.

$114 - 3* Warehouse District All-Suites Hotel 95% recommendation - Staybridge Suites

$119 - 3* Garden District 85% recommendation - This one is new to hotwire so I don't know for sure but the guess is Prytania Oaks.

Thank you! Do you have any idea what the cost of a cab from the airport to the "closer to the action" hotels might be? :)

Thank you! Do you have any idea what the cost of a cab from the airport to the "closer to the action" hotels might be? :)

Should be the same or pretty close to this:

Taxicab booths are located on the first level of the Terminal outside of Baggage Claim Belts 1 and 14. Passengers must wait in line at one of these booths for taxi service.

Taxi rides cost $36.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for up to two (2) passengers. For three (3) or more passengers, the fare will be $15.00 per passenger. Taxis are required accept credit card payments.

http://www.flymsy.com/PageDisplay.asp?p1=6016