Wine by the pool or on balcony?

dcsam

My husband doesn't drink alcohol. He does, however, like non-alcoholic beer. Is this available? Also, is it possible to get a glass of included wine by the pool, or is it available only in the dining venues? I also enjoy having a glass on our balcony before dinner. Must I bring my own or purchase at a bar?

We were able to have a glass of wine by the pool with our lunch - there are tables both outside and by the indoor pool - Viking isn't too strict with their pours, but if you are truly outside of lunch or dinner times then you will be charged - but the pricing for wine, as well as mixed drinks were very reasonable.

I cannot say that there are non alcoholic beers, but I would be surprised if there wasn't at least one available.

Hope that helps

My husband doesn't drink alcohol. He does, however, like non-alcoholic beer. Is this available? Also, is it possible to get a glass of included wine by the pool, or is it available only in the dining venues? I also enjoy having a glass on our balcony before dinner. Must I bring my own or purchase at a bar?

Yes, there is non-alcoholic beer. Beck's. The "included" wine is served at lunch and dinner with meals but I suppose you could go to the bar during that time frame and get yourself a glass of wine and bring it to the pool. As to your balcony, no room service for wine that I know of so again, go to the bar and bring a glass back or bring your own bottle on board.

Getting a glass of the included wine at a bar is doable. That's what I've done with Azamara. Just pick it up there and bring to the cabin. We love Azamara, but we don't partake much in their included alcoholic beverages. Coffee... yes. And wine for me.

On the Viking Sea, I was charged $5 (I think) for wine at the bar....that was house wine. It was not as good as the wine served with meals. We were served included wine on the back deck by the infinity pool during meals times but I think they anticipated that we would be eating soon. I did not think the wine flowed as freely on Viking Ocean as it did on a previous AMA river cruise.

Yes, there is non-alcoholic beer. Beck's. The "included" wine is served at lunch and dinner with meals but I suppose you could go to the bar during that time frame and get yourself a glass of wine and bring it to the pool. As to your balcony, no room service for wine that I know of so again, go to the bar and bring a glass back or bring your own bottle on board.

So from what you're saying, can I bring my own bottle of wine on board? I would love to be able to buy wine when in port and bring it onto the boat to enjoy in my cabin. Is this possible?

So from what you're saying, can I bring my own bottle of wine on board? I would love to be able to buy wine when in port and bring it onto the boat to enjoy in my cabin. Is this possible?

Yes, you can. Viking is very happy for passengers to sample the local wines and, in fact, does not even charge a corkage fee for consuming that bottle at the dinner table. There is a corkscrew in your mini-bar. Actually, you can bring on board whatever potables you want -- potent or otherwise, beer, whiskey, vodka, soda--without trying to hide it in your luggage.

Yes, you can. Viking is very happy for passengers to sample the local wines and, in fact, does not even charge a corkage fee for consuming that bottle at the dinner table. There is a corkscrew in your mini-bar. Actually, you can bring on board whatever potables you want -- potent or otherwise, beer, whiskey, vodka, soda--without trying to hide it in your luggage.

This. Is Amazing !! Thanks for this info! It made me look forward to the trip that much more.