Bahama Brews

Hey Y'all,

Heading out on the Oasis October 1 and looking into the Bahama Brews excursion in Nassau. Just wondering if anyone has been, as there is only one review on RCI's site. It looks like a great time and my husband is huge into Brewerys.

I was also very curious what time the excursion left and returned. Being such a short stop, we were wondering if there would be time for anything else. Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...
I am wondering if you went on the Bahama Brew tour and what you thought of it?

We signed up for it for our Enchantment cruise last week but it got canceled. In the end, I'm glad. Pirate Republic is the only place on it you really need to go and is in easy walking distance of the pier on Woodes Rodgers Walk, which is the main drag immediately outside of the straw market at the pier. DW and I went straight there and we wound up spending less on three flights and two pints than on the cost of the excursion. I'd say the beers at Pirate Republic were pretty good micros - Long John Pilsner, Captain Kidd's Kolsch and Gold & Haze of Piracy being my favorites. They also serve food but it was, as you'd expect, a little on the pricey side. We thought about going to the beer garden that was on the excursion as well but after consulting with Untappd we found they served what appeared to be fairly average macros, so between that and the weather turning nasty we just did Pirate Republic and headed back to the ship. Overall I'd say save yourself some beer money and skip the excursion and just do it on your own.

We actually wound up doing it on our own because it didnt fit our time. We did go to Pirate Republic which was awesome. I also recommend the bearded clam. It is an outdoor bar that is in an ally. (Sounds shady but it was awesome). It is down one of the alley ways off of the main street that Pirate Republic is on. Then if you keep going straight on the main street, you run into senor frogs which is always an experience, followed buy a restaurant just two buildings up, Dali Tappas - for some of the best conch fritters I have ever had. It was awesome!

We did start this day off with a walk down to Junkanoo Beach where we found a hut where 6 beers and 8 shots were $9. It was an awesome day!

Another recommend for Pirate Republic. Went there last year in Nassau and loved it so much it was the hangout for the whole afternoon. We'll go to the food court recommended by locals and then finish up the afternoon at Pirate Republic.