airlinerob

Oasis of the Seas - Tips | Tricks | Secrets

we set sail april 29th, 2018 as well!

Really excited as its my 4th cruise and my honeymoon. It will be the 1st cruise for my fiance' (at that time husband) :)

so do we :)

Following....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just wondering. Is there an advantage to post "following"?

I usually just subscribe to the thread to follow.

Thanks

Thanks

Not a thing, it just raises your post count.:p

Thanks

You will follow automatically to threads you post on if you have created your settings to do that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I stand corrected, I did not know that!:o

Personally, I try and add something to the conversation in lieu of just typing Following.

You will follow automatically to threads you post on if you have created your settings to do that.

I knew that as well but didn't think of posting simply to subscribe. I thought maybe there was another reason....

Thanks

Not really a tip or trick for Oasis but we just wanted to comment that we felt the food was better in the MDR than the other RCI MDR's we've been on. Additionally, we went on a Celebrity Reflection cruise immediately after our Oasis cruise in December and also felt the food in Oasis MDR superior to Reflection MDR.

Question, are the public decks overlooking the aqua theater all closed now? I have read conflicting reports, some say that there are still public "balconies" or decks overlooking the aquatheater that have good views for the shows and just a good view aft of the ship in general, and some say they were all enclosed or made private when they refitted the ship and added aqua theater suites.

Question, are the public decks overlooking the aqua theater all closed now? I have read conflicting reports, some say that there are still public "balconies" or decks overlooking the aquatheater that have good views for the shows and just a good view aft of the ship in general, and some say they were all enclosed or made private when they refitted the ship and added aqua theater suites.

There were 4 public balconies: 7, 11, 12, and 14. Now there are only the ones on deck 7.

Lunch in the main dining room on sea days--hot and cold buffet, quiet and relaxing.

There were 4 public balconies: 7, 11, 12, and 14. Now there are only the ones on deck 7.

Thanks so much for the response, is this a good spot for sail away when we leave port canaveral? We'd like to find somewhere with a nice view and not two crowded lol

Thanks so much for the response, is this a good spot for sail away when we leave port canaveral? We'd like to find somewhere with a nice view and not two crowded lol

No, I don't think that's as good a spot as the observation area above the bridge wings. Not many will know about that on day 1. Go forward on the deck 14 port side passenger corridor as far as possible and through a door.

No, I don't think that's as good a spot as the observation area above the bridge wings. Not many will know about that on day 1. Go forward on the deck 14 port side passenger corridor as far as possible and through a door.

Got it! Thanks again for all the help

The balconies adjacent to the plant wall in Central Park are much wider than normal!

Almost 2x.

Any idea what numbers these ones are. I'm on deck 12

Any idea what numbers these ones are. I'm on deck 12

**629 and the one on the other side. Might be **229.

16ba1aef60ed617e34c3db4869d21c66.jpg

We asked for a lounge 😁

a2cd07e926835023d30af69ef9f3389e.jpg

6dbb4d2d6097f56b59b8923b19cd0fef.jpg

BTW, we had deck 12

We asked for a lounge 😁

a2cd07e926835023d30af69ef9f3389e.jpg

Whoa! They will bring you a lounge chair?! We have 9329 in October, which is the very back boardwalk balcony and I would LOVE to have a lounge to sit on and watch the ocean pass by.

Whoa! They will bring you a lounge chair?! We have 9329 in October, which is the very back boardwalk balcony and I would LOVE to have a lounge to sit on and watch the ocean pass by.

A lounge chair wouldn't fit on a boardwalk balcony. We were B2B and got it for the second week.

Hi all

Will try this again

We are on Oasis May 6 and have many cruises on RCL but first big ship.

Does anyone know times for shows throughout the week?

Also we were told cannot make reservations for the shows until final payment? if so I guess on line?

We have a Grand Suite and looking forward to cruise and perks.....thanks for any info

Tami and Jerry from kansas

A lounge chair wouldn't fit on a boardwalk balcony. We were B2B and got it for the second week.

Aw bummer. Had my hopes up there for a minute ;p

Hi all

Will try this again

Also we were told cannot make reservations for the shows until final payment? if so I guess on line?

We have a Grand Suite and looking forward to cruise and perks.....thanks for any info

If you go to Cruise Planner on the Royal Caribbean website you can see days and times and make reservations. You should be able to do it now. We will be on the Oasis in June and have only paid the deposit and I booked our reservations earlier this week.

Keep reading these boards, I have learned so much from them. Enjoy your cruise.

Diane

Hi all

Will try this again

I'm on the week before you & was able to reserve my shows starting a couple weeks ago...our final payment is not due until Jan. 29th...so it was before final payment.

Hi all

Will try this again

Like kc320 we are booked April 29th and haven't made final payment but booked all our shows this week.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Hi all

Will try this again

same cruise as you, earlier this week I went online on royals site and used the cruise planner to go ahead and reserve our seats for all the big shows (cats/frozen in time/late night comedy show/headliner show/ aquatheater main show) main tip I was told as far as scheduling shows was to do the aquatheater show as early into the cruise as possible as if you hit rough seas further out from land they may have to cancel that show. The first showing we could reserve was Monday afaicr.

Do you know if they cancel the aqua show, are you automatically given a spot for another day without having to try to get a new reservation?

Do you know if they cancel the aqua show, are you automatically given a spot for another day without having to try to get a new reservation?

They did for our cruise last month. It rained on our scheduled day and they scheduled a new show. So I guess you could call it a reschedule rather than a cancel.

Does the oasis has shower gel/shampoo in the shower

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does the oasis has shower gel/shampoo in the shower

Yes, it's a combo shampoo/conditioner.

Does anyone know what solarium bistro has for breakfast and lunch

It's a buffet, sort of like a mini-Windjammer.

The Solarium offers selections that might be a bit more healthy (more fruits, eggs, fish....), but still a good variety. It can be busy at times, but still quieter than the Windjammer.

We were just in a Grand Suite on Oasis. You can also just go to the Suite Lounge on the first day and have Concierge make any reservation for you. Also, there are reserved seats for Sky Class suite guests at every show except comedy club. And on a separate note - definitely use the suite lounge and coastal kitchen!

Hi all

Will try this again

Is the Windjammer's food/flow as 'bad' as I've been reading in reviews?:o

Haven't been on a ship this size, but not especially picky, always find something to eat & a place to sit on the lido for breakfast/lunch. Starting to think we should skip it entirely.:confused:

Is the Windjammer's food/flow as 'bad' as I've been reading in reviews?:o

Haven't been on a ship this size, but not especially picky, always find something to eat & a place to sit on the lido for breakfast/lunch. Starting to think we should skip it entirely.:confused:

I think the food is fine, it's just too small for the size of the ship for breakfast and lunch.

We'll give the windjammer a whirl and hope for the best!

Having a grand time digging around for info on the ship, so much to take in I want to be up to speed before we board.:)