Cruise Critic Community
lakemurraykid

Current Captains

14 hours ago, IslandThyme said:

Copper, do you ever get tired of these eternal questions? Just in case you don't, what can you tell me about who the officers will be on Maasdam for my Sept. 26-Oct. 17 voyage? I might be the only person here who cares about the Housekeeping Manager, but could you include that, if possible? Thanks so much in advance!

A more general question - I was on the 89 day grand Asia on Amsterdam last fall and would love to see some of that crew again. Do crew members tend to stay with one ship, or might I find some of those same folks on Maasdam now?

Not really, but thanx for asking! :classic_smile:

Maasie Sep/Oct:

Capt Arno Jutten & Ryan Whitaker (change over)

HD Florin Dragomir

GRM Francis Tolentino

Ex HK Sri Waluyo

As far as crew rotation/coming back and remaining on the same ship; it's all about seniority, where the need is (filling spaces), ship's management/supervision familiarity with a crew member's work product, and personal choice. Captains, chief engineers and, to a certain extent, hotel directors, tend to stay with the same ship for periods between three and five years, some longer, some shorter. Same can be said of other officers in the Deck, Tech and Hotel departments because having the same team as well as being familiar with the "ins and outs" of a certain ship is welcomed.

The real "worker bees" (non-officers - those contracts still fall in the 8-10 month time period)) rotate a bit more around the fleet however, some ask/request to come back to the same ship, at times due to the itinerary; some ships visit South-East Asia (incl. their homelands of Indonesia, the Philippines and Thailand) more often than others. Some request their next contract to be on another ship for different reasons. So it can be a bit of a hodgepodge. To answer your question more specifically, it is very possible that you will see some of A'dam's crew from a year ago back on that co-flagship working a new contract during your upcoming voyage. Enjoy!-

Edited by Copper10-8

14 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

Jeffrey (crows nest, Amsterdam, grand Asia) is now on the Maasdam..

You talkin' about "Snazzy Jeff"  Meneer?