Refunding NCC

Used an old NCC to book a placeholder cruise with an agency. Then rebooked to a real cruise. Now cancelling that cruise to go to a different agency.

They are saying that Riyal will refund the $100 paid for the NCC.

It sounds a bit sketchy, as I thought that the $100 paid for the NCC was never refundable?

I would love to get it back as I find those things useless now and annoying to deal with.

Used an old NCC to book a placeholder cruise with an agency. Then rebooked to a real cruise. Now cancelling that cruise to go to a different agency.

They are saying that Riyal will refund the $100 paid for the NCC.

It sounds a bit sketchy, as I thought that the $100 paid for the NCC was never refundable?

I would love to get it back as I find those things useless now and annoying to deal with.

The $100 was non refundable, however, there has been some reported success when cancelling a cruise that used the NCC to have the full deposit returned

Thanks! It appears they are refunding it, but now the problem is the credit card I used 3 years ago doesn't exist. I'm sure I'll be in for a few phone calls over the next couple of weeks lol

You may be correct about this. If you still have a credit card from the same company, but just a different number, the company should re-direct the credit properly. However, if you have no CC with the company anymore, it could get interesting.

Clarea: I think it is closed entirely. TA is saying that Royal will try twice and then send a check to the TA. This is going to be a lot of follow-up and time wasted for $100. Such is life I suppose.

I open/close cards constantly (churning) for points and miles for free travel. I keep better track of the open/close now, but didn't back then.

Clarea: I think it is closed entirely. TA is saying that Royal will try twice and then send a check to the TA. This is going to be a lot of follow-up and time wasted for $100. Such is life I suppose.

I open/close cards constantly (churning) for points and miles for free travel. I keep better track of the open/close now, but didn't back then.

If you don't mind reporting back, I'm curious how long the process takes.

Hi Clarea,

Sure! I'll keep this subscribed and update.

I'm looking through our credit reports to see who the account is with.

All this to save a bunch of money and get adjoining rooms. Will try to think of the positives lol

Edited by seaofwonder

• 4 weeks later...

Clarea - well, the amount went back to a citi card. I contacted citi about 5x because I had a suspicion it was them. They repeatedly denied I had that account and now I have a $100 credit that I need to work on getting refunded as a check (since the credit card account is closed).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Clarea - well, the amount went back to a citi card. I contacted citi about 5x because I had a suspicion it was them. They repeatedly denied I had that account and now I have a $100 credit that I need to work on getting refunded as a check (since the credit card account is closed).

Thanks for reporting back. Sounds like a continuing hassle.

I just had this happen to me last week...I will never buy an open FCC again either. From now on, I will book a cruise and change it if I have to.

On the Grandeur last week, I asked about a price reduction for our cruise in Dec. Someone emailed me about the reduction. So we went to the Future Cruise office on board. We got one of about $300, but we had to re-book and the girl told us to cancel our original when we get home and that anything we paid on it, they will subtract from our new booking. W-R-O-N-G...... We also got a $200 OBC which our old one was only $75, but she said we wouldn't lose that either...W-R-O-N-G....again. When I got home, I called about canceling our original booking and about transferring our deposit and payments we made of $700 to the new booking. I am sure glad I asked about it before canceling. We would have lost our $700, because the original booking was from an open booking certificate. I didn't remember that and evidently the girl on board the Grandeur didn't know it either. So, I kept our original and cancelled the booking we made on board. We lost the $200 OBC and also lost $25 of our $350 balcony discount, because we got new pricing closer than 6 months from the cruise. Anyway, I did get a $275 reduction, so I'm happy about that, but really disappointed in the loss of the $200 OBC and $25 loss of our balcony discount. Others on my cruise got the price reduction plus the $200 OBC and their previous OBC.

I guess you really have to know what "you" are doing, because sometimes "they" don't.:rolleyes:

Gwen :)

• 2 weeks later...