Disembarking questions

zone8grandma

We are booked on the Empires of the Mediterrean next month. Our last day, in Athens, we have an afternoon flight. I'm trying to figure out what we can do between disembarking and going to the airport.

I'm told that the earliest disembark time is 5:30 am and 10:00 am is the latest. But what is the procedure? Can we just disembark whenever we want? We'll be travelling light and taking our luggage with us. I am thinking of using a co like George's Taxi to pick us up, take us somewhere for a while, then take us to the airport. But I have to give them a specific pickup time.

Edited by zone8grandma

On our recent cruise, we had to be out of our cabins by 8 a.m. and off the ship by 9:30 a.m.

If you don't have transfers with Viking then you may walk off the ship whenever you want once it has been cleared by the local officials. If I remember correctly everyone will have to swipe their Viking cards one last time as they leave (so don't pack your keywords away) .

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked on the Empires of the Mediterrean next month. Our last day, in Athens, we have an afternoon flight. I'm trying to figure out what we can do between disembarking and going to the airport.

I'm told that the earliest disembark time is 5:30 am and 10:00 am is the latest. But what is the procedure? Can we just disembark whenever we want? We'll be travelling light and taking our luggage with us. I am thinking of using a co like George's Taxi to pick us up, take us somewhere for a while, then take us to the airport. But I have to give them a specific pickup time.

I can highly recommend George's Taxi as we use him for some touring a few years ago.

As for getting the airport be sure to be flexible and early. Athens has constant problems with strikes, road blockages, etc. which can make getting to a flight problematic and you don't always have much warning. At least if you go with George or a comparable company they should be up to date on any issues.