Picture-A-Week-2016 - Week 33

pierces

Kim's Christmas present from the kids was put into play again this week. Thirty minutes from flour to dinner with some really awesome pasta proves that we're the dominant species on the planet.

p1918695423-5.jpg

Dave

Edited by pierces

Cool flight shots Victress - especially the volcano chain. Neat to see things like that from the air - and get lucky enough to have nice clear skies.

Here are a few shots I took with my new camera this past weekend, just testing it out and getting the lenses focus-aligned:

Young green iguana looking up at me:

original.jpg

Double-crested cormorant cruising through the water:

original.jpg

Ah yes - sorry - thought I put that in there! Indeed, it's a new Sony A68 A-mount camera, replacing my old and faithful A580 DSLR. I like having a two camera setup - my mirrorless for all-purpose, travel, and summer wildlife shooting when its hot out, and the larger body DSLR type camera to use with big, heavy long lenses mostly in fall through Spring. I mainly pair it with either a 300mm F4 and 1.4x TC, or a Tamron 150-600mm (used in the shots above)...and won't generally be using it during the hot summer, but since I wanted to test it out and make sure it was all working properly, and that I adjusted the microfocus as needed with the big lenses, I decided to slog through the heat and humidity this weekend in the wetlands just once! The A6300 will still be the main summer rig and the all-around camera.