Cruise Critic Community
detroit70

Zuiderdam: recent wifi charges

When I was last on the Zuiderdam in January, 2015, they offered a relatively reasonable charge for unlimited Wifi of under $200 for a 12 day Panama Canal cruise (if I remember correctly.)

I'm booked to reboard the Zuiderdam on September 27th for a 10 day Canada/New England cruise.

Have any of you sailed recently on the Zuiderdam, and can you share what the current (for you) wifi rates were?

Thanks so much!

When I was last on HAL, the internet was by the minute, although they had packages, I usually just stay connected (for work purposes) but their packages make it difficult to "stay" connected.

I would love to hear more up to date information.

I read a post yesterday that said unlimited is no longer being offered on any ships - everybody is back to the old fixed minute plans.

No unlimited on the Zuiderdam Panama Canal cruise December 2016. 1000 minutes cost $250. 500 minutes cost $175. 100 minutes cost $55.

No unlimited on the Zuiderdam Panama Canal cruise December 2016. 1000 minutes cost $250. 500 minutes cost $175. 100 minutes cost $55.

I also see the link for menus so, thank you again!

For those of us who need to be connected in order to travel, HAL needs to enter the current century with an option for unlimited wifi - every other line has it.

We just got off the Westerdam 17-day cruise to Hawaii on 1/31/17 and had the following choices of unlimited wifi:

Social Plan $129.99 for connection to social sites like Twitter, Facebook,Instagram & others

Enhanced Plan $179.99 for the above (I assume) plus email and other apps (we chose this and shared-you can only use 1 device at a time), no music streaming

Premiere Plan $264.99 for the above (I assume) plus access to Skype

The connection was much better than usual, even in the middle of the ocean; it was well worth the price since it was not measured in minutes. The last 2 days the connection in the Cafe was not working very well, for some reason, especially the free NY Times site (only went to text). Also, the computer in the Exploration Cafe would "reboot" itself (and cut you off from whatever you were doing) after about 30-45 minutes of use. This did not happen with your own device.

So, at least our ship had unlimited wifi after Jan 1.:)

From what I am reading -- HAL is discontinuing the unlimited WIFI packages.

Looks like HAL discovered that with the unlimited packages were using their laptops, ships computers, etc., a lot and HAL was losing money compared to when people had to buy packages.

I've done sailings on RCCI and Norwegian in the last two months and they seem to manage unlimited internet just fine. This is one reason HAL has been getting less of my business.

I'm going on HAL for the first time in June to the fjords, can you buy wifi packages online or only after boarding? I'll be on zuiderdam. I was hoping for unlimited!

Has unlimited wifi been reinstated. I'm going to Panama Canal in December, lots of port time and my carrier has free internet and text connection internationally so I'm thing it thru. Can I share the 1000 minute package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has unlimited wifi been reinstated. I'm going to Panama Canal in December, lots of port time and my carrier has free internet and text connection internationally so I'm thing it thru. Can I share the 1000 minute package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can share your login password with whomever you choose with no limit on devices.

I seem to recall that someone recently posted the Westerdam still had the unlimited packages. I believe Westerdam was the only ship that was converted to the new internet service.