Dessert trays on Westerdam ?

bryanjaync

Does the dining room on the Westerdam have viewable dessert trays? Might not be the right term, but it is a tray of the different desserts for the nights so you can see them before choosing. (Soemtimes menu descriptions just cannot do them justice !) In other land-based venues a waitperson will bring around the tray before taking orders, or the 'tray' will be outside the dining room for viewing before entering. Just wondering

On the Maasdam in August, similar to what WindyCity said, there was always a tray with sample desserts at the entrance to the dining room. Frequently our dining room steward would present this tray whan we were selecting our desserts.

We haven't had a dining room steward bring a dessert tray to the table since HAL started cutting back on staff after 9/11.

But on all the ships we have been on lately - quite a few different ones, the desserts are either displayed on a table as your enter the dining room or they are in a case to the left and right of the doors.

On the Maasdam in August, similar to what WindyCity said, there was always a tray with sample desserts at the entrance to the dining room. Frequently our dining room steward would present this tray whan we were selecting our desserts.

Right, that's what I remember from my last several cruises. I always take a good, long look at the desserts on my way to the table.

It always helps to know the destination when planning the route! :D

When you enter the dining room look to the right or left of the door as they generally have a dessert tray setup there.

If you don't see one ask your waiter to see the dessert tray prior to ordering dessert...

Third choice is order one of each dessert to see what they all look like..

Jim

Archived