First Time NCL Cruiser - Booking Questions

dfgf

Background: I'm a frequent cruiser but have yet to try NCL. That may change in March. Before I book, I have some questions. (As a once-frequent visitor of CC I feel the need to post this: please only respond if you know the answer. That would be helpful.)

I'm planning a group trip on a 3-night Epic cruise in March.

* If I book 2 people in a room can I change one of the 2 guests at a later date?

* Follow-up to the last question - if "yes", can I also book one guest as "TBD" and fill in a name later?

* If I book 2 people in a room can I arrive with only 1 and expect that the second person's port fees would be refunded?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

I believe that NCL's policy for staterooms with more than one person booked in is as follows.

The primary guest cannot be changed as that becomes a cancellation/rebook situation.

The names of secondary guests can be changed up to 48 hours before departure.

If only 1st passenger showed up:

- 2nd person would be subject to 100% cancellation fees

- 1st passenger would be subject to supplement costs as a single

Are you sure about this? I think this is true for a "second person" cancellation after final payment due date. I always thought a "No Show" just forfeited the cost of the cruise.

Are you sure about this? I think this is true for a "second person" cancellation after final payment due date. I always thought a "No Show" just forfeited the cost of the cruise.

I believe you're right. NCL has already collected their cruise fares for two people. They are not going to charge the first passenger an additional suppliment because the 2nd one no showed with no refund possible.

If the 2nd person wants any sort of refund, then they must cancel within the timeframe set up in the cancellation policy. If that happens, then the first person will likely be subject to a suppliment. So if the OP is thinking they can book a dummy person and then cancel and get a refund of taxes and port charges in order to save $ over booking just themselves and being charged a suppliment, that is not going to work.

I believe you're right. NCL has already collected their cruise fares for two people. They are not going to charge the first passenger an additional suppliment because the 2nd one no showed with no refund possible.

If the 2nd person wants any sort of refund, then they must cancel within the timeframe set up in the cancellation policy. If that happens, then the first person will likely be subject to a suppliment. So if the OP is thinking they can book a dummy person and then cancel and get a refund of taxes and port charges in order to save $ over booking just themselves and being charged a suppliment, that is not going to work.

The only money I would expect to get back in these circumstances is the port fees. I would expect 100% of the second person's fare to be forfeited.

Very helpful everyone - thanks.

Now let's see if NCL can woo me into going on fewer RCI cruises. :cool:

Now let's see if NCL can woo me into going on fewer RCI cruises. :cool:

I am going on my 4th RCI cruise this November, and we are booked on the Getaway for next November. I too am interested to see how the 2 compare. I hope you come back and do a comparison after your sailing. Have a great cruise!