CC Help Jenn

Week of Aug 22: Cruise Olympics

Did you watch the Olympics?

Let's have some fun -

If there were a "Cruise Olympics" What types of sport/activity would you want to see in the competition? How would the winner be chosen? Would you compete or just watch?

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate. While all are welcome to participate, At this time we can only ship within the US. I can offer a coupon to our store for those who reside outside of the US. Thanks for understanding

One of the best "events" I saw was on my first cruise.

The CD threw a huge basket of fruit into the pool. The guys had to dive for the fruit and stuff it in the gals bathing suit. When time was called, the gal had to climb out of the pool on her own. She was awarded points for whatever fruit she managed to keep in her suit.

It was a 10 pt pineapple in the back of her bikini bottom that clinched the win for one couple. :D

I wouldn't participate, but I'd cheer like crazy.

Edited by Slam308

Did you watch the Olympics?

Let's have some fun -

If there were a "Cruise Olympics" What types of sport/activity would you want to see in the competition? How would the winner be chosen? Would you compete or just watch?

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate. While all are welcome to participate, At this time we can only ship within the US. I can offer a coupon to our store for those who reside outside of the US. Thanks for understanding

You could have a belly flop contest. Participants would be judged on style and size of splash.

You could have the ships race around a course like they set up for sailboats. First one across the finish line would be the winner.

You could have a trivia contrast involving singles, couples and teams of four. The winner would be the one/couple/team that gets the most correct answers.

You could have a three on three basketball tournament, two halves of six minutes each. Make it a double elimination tournament with the finals being best two out of three.

A miniature gold tournament - lowest score wins. If there is a tie, have a sudden death playoff.

You could bring back the horse racing.

You could have a bean bag toss. Most in the circle out of 25. You could even set up age groups for the kids. 6/7, 8/9, 10/11, 12-14 & 15-17.

I might compete or I might watch.

I know several cruisers bring decorations to their cabins so it might be fun to have a best decorated cabin competition and I would participate!

Noelle

An obstacle course would be the event I'd choose. There would be lounge chair hurdles, swimming a lap in the pool, a climb up the rock wall, and a lap of the jogging track. The winner would be the one with the fastest time. I would participate as I'm all in for having fun.

DaisiesNJ

How about an ice craving contest, who can come up with the best design, and a select number of guest on board gets to pick the winner, or if in the caribbean, a watermelon carving design

Since there are as many countries represented by the crew as are in the Olympics, I would suggest swimming competitions with award ceremonies where the winner would sing his / her national anthem.

I would like to see HorseShoe pitching. Sat I was doubles champions beating players 60 years younger than me.

I would like to see HorseShoe pitching. Sat I was doubles champions beating players 60 years younger than me.

That is not that impressive if you are only 63 years old. :)

Trivia contests, art auction identifying contests, or white hot party dancing.... I would participate in some but not all.

How about a watermelon "shot put"? Into the pool. Distance and splash to determine the winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Modern Cruise Pentathalon

Fencing discipline - a round robin competition at the buffet. Negotiate the crowds on a port day, collect a balanced breakfast, and return to your table. You are eliminated from your match when you commit a foul (cutting in line, using the wrong tongs, using your fingers). No épée allowed in the buffet area.

Swimming discipline - Swim 200m on your port island's beach. Bonus points for spotting exotic fish. Deductions for stepping on coral (tsk tsk).

Riding discipline - Tour the port island on an unfamiliar bicycle or horse. Obstacles will include language barriers, tempting food, and breathtaking views that distract you terribly.

Running/Shooting combined discipline - run around your port island and shoot (with your camera!) the designated targets - landmark tourist attractions. The final leg of the journey takes you back to the ship where you are running for your tender.

Scavenger hunt at the various ports of call. Compete against fellow passengers, and perhaps, compete ship to ship. Given that so many are in the same port on a given day, it could be some good fun. :D

A "Greased Watermelon fight"-I know it sounds a little seedy-and the prize would be that all contestants would share slices of the watermelon.

The first thing that comes to mind would be an eating decathlon! First day weigh in. Last night weigh in. Who ever gained the most wins the game. The prize, a years supply of slimfast!

Edited by Rapsmac

I would choose a triathlon type competition. Speed walking and then the sexy man walk up to the belly flop platform then they choose whatever dive such as flip, belly flop and cannonball.

Family scavenger hunt like the great race. Ship and ports what fun times. Maybe the top three can win free cruises :)

if there were belly flopping games in the pool, I would compete and probably win.

..but not because I would be trying to win, because I am just that graceful

Edited by pyropoodle