Soda Package on NCL Breakaway costs/what it covers

CleoSushi

Hola,

Hubby wants to get the soda package when we board next week. We didnt get it early since I and lil man dont like soda (and you get charge for everyone in the room when you purchase it in advance).

How much is it? Does it covered juice? water? ice tea?

Thanks a bunch.

From their website:

Adult & Teen Soda Program (ages 13 & older) $7.50 USDper person/day

Beverage Package

ITEM #: UBPTAS

Give the gift of endless fountain soda throughout their cruise.

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda. The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $7.50 USD per person per day x Cruise Days plus 18% gratuity and beverage service charge.

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

An 18% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added at checkout.

LOGIN TO ORDER

from their website:

Adult & teen soda program (ages 13 & older) $7.50 usdper person/day

beverage package

item #: Ubptas

give the gift of endless fountain soda throughout their cruise.

Includes: Pepsi, diet pepsi, sierra mist, mt. Dew, ginger ale, tonic water, club soda. The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-refundable.

Prepaid @ $7.50 usd per person per day x cruise days plus 18% gratuity and beverage service charge.

Souvenir thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

an 18% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added at checkout.

Login to order

thank you!!!

Easy to understand if OP reads the T & C on post #3

agreed...... but people still read the description (actually not the T&Cs) and wonder why they can't get a can of Pepsi..... took less time for me to just add a clarification about #3 then it took you to police my post.. you must now have a wonderful sense of accomplishment..... thank you

Edited by esm54687

agreed...... but people still read the description (actually not the T&Cs) and wonder why they can't get a can of Pepsi..... took less time for me to just add a clarification about #3 then it took you to police my post.. you must now have a wonderful sense of accomplishment..... thank you
"you must now have a wonderful sense of accomplishment..... thank you":D Funny and witty . Good job . ;)

I thought everyone in the cabin had to get it, whether it's pre purchased or not. When did that change?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only when pre-purchasing, it was never mandatory for everyone in cabin when purchased on the ship. Wait and purchase it AFTER sailaway when you are in open waters, you save the local tax at that point.

Only when pre-purchasing, it was never mandatory for everyone in cabin when purchased on the ship. Wait and purchase it AFTER sailaway when you are in open waters, you save the local tax at that point.

Hmmm learn something new everyday. I was buying it for my DD and she hates pop. Lol. I knew about the tax thing, but not this.

I wondering if when this started everyone had to have it and I just assumed it stayed that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Few folks have mentioned that everyone in the cabin has to purchase the package when pre-purchasing. I was able to just select the one passenger (in this case me) who wanted it, and didn't have to purchase for the other. She doesn't drink soda at all.

You actually can purchase the soda package for only one person once you are on the ship even though it says online that you have to purchase it for everyone in the cabin. I spoke with NCL and confirmed that with them once before.

The irony of the soda package is that when you purchase it online, the picture shows cans of soda and it only covers fountain soda. Pretty funny.

As part of the promo we received beverage packages. Is there any package available that includes smoothies, virgin drinks etc. My kids were excited at the prospect of getting virgin pina coladas. Sounds like the soda package is just soda. Princess offers a variety of packages ranging from soda to smoothies to alcohol. Does NCL have options like this?

As part of the promo we received beverage packages. Is there any package available that includes smoothies, virgin drinks etc. My kids were excited at the prospect of getting virgin pina coladas. Sounds like the soda package is just soda. Princess offers a variety of packages ranging from soda to smoothies to alcohol. Does NCL have options like this?

No, NCL doesn't offer a non alcoholic package except the soda one

Yeah but then you also miss out on 3-4 pop's between boarding and international waters. I always purchase as walk on so that the boy can gete max use out of the pass(usually 3-4 before we even sail away)

I would just order one off your card if you have the UBP and give it to your kid. We got soda and Kiddie Coctails off my card or my DH's card all the time. The bartenders just scanned our cards. They didn't care. They even handed my kid the drink and would refill him. (of course we always ended up at the same Waves bar and a couple dollar tip may or may not have helped)