Another b s sale!!!!

These are all "real" sales. They are a reduction in price from the list price ("rack rate") of the cruise. IMO, the list price of a cruise is driven only to a small extent by supply and demand, but more so by the overall state of the economy. As the economy improves, prices tend to rise. If the economy contacts, prices tend to fall. If the cruise industry was elastic, changes in the supply/demand ratio would be reflected in corresponding price changes. One could argue that pricing in the cruise industry is relatively inelastic, most likely because supply is constant, and the demand (as a percentage of the overall travel/leisure market) has consistently increased over the past decade (and the economy is still relatively robust).

Edited to add: We always book on the day the itineraries are released, so we can avoid all of this :)

Edited by orville99

If you go to a store and buy something on sale then a month later you receive a coupon do you go back to the store and want that money also? If you buy a car then you see someone that gets a better deal later do you go back to the dealer and ask for money back?

How often to you pay for something at the store and then take it home months later? And if you buy a car and the manufacturer starts running a promotion prior to you taking delivery of the car you are typically entitled to the promotion.

Neither of your examples apply well to this thread.

Old adage......once you buy something....quit shopping for it! Good advise though I don't always follow it.

I booked a cruise yesterday and found a price drop on it today. I just got off the phone with RCI getting the adjustment. I never follow your adage.:D:D:cool:

ONCE AGAIN RC COMES OUT WITH A SO CALLED SALE OF WOW 30% OFF AND UP TO $200.00 OBC!!! CHECKED WITH THE TRAVEL AGENT SHE STATED YOU WOULD HAVE TO RE BOOK AT TODAYS PRICES GREAT IT WOULD ONLY COST ME A ADDITIONAL $700.00 TO GET A $200.00 OBC AND WHERE IS THE 30% OFF??? SORRY THIS WILL BE OUR LAST TIME CRUISING WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN!!! MORE LIKE ROYAL SCAM!!!:eek:
You decide to LOOK at the post YOU started.......thank god I no longer have to see a post from such a WHINER!.....K.O.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ONCE AGAIN RC COMES OUT WITH A SO CALLED SALE OF WOW 30% OFF AND UP TO $200.00 OBC!!! CHECKED WITH THE TRAVEL AGENT SHE STATED YOU WOULD HAVE TO RE BOOK AT TODAYS PRICES GREAT IT WOULD ONLY COST ME A ADDITIONAL $700.00 TO GET A $200.00 OBC AND WHERE IS THE 30% OFF??? SORRY THIS WILL BE OUR LAST TIME CRUISING WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN!!! MORE LIKE ROYAL SCAM!!!:eek:

So you're mad because you saved $500.00 over the current cruise price?

So no one here thinks a lot of their "sales@ are bs too? I'm not gonna quit doing rci cruises but these bogus advertised sales are tiring and make it much more complicated for rci reps and us the customer when booking or changing a booking. That is what annoys me. It can take the reps forever to figure this stuff out and if you use a TA many of them don't understand it well either.

Marketing like this is like the perpetual sales on board at the ships. It is just bs marketing and we all know it if we are regular customers. The op does have a valid point regardless of how how he communicated it. Of course we all know this is designed to get newbies onboard. Will some poee already booked do better after sales are announced? Sure, some will but they may have anyway due to changes in supply and demand.

Many people willfully neglect the fact that sales are based on the current promotional rate, not past or future rates. And they are a discount of the promotional published rate. The sales are based on years of trend data. A while ago I posted about sales and J.C. Penney. They almost lost their entire business due to eliminating sales despite the fact that they reduced the price of every item in their store by 30% or more. The simple fact is many people will spend more if they have the perception they are getting a "deal". So now Penney's has raised prices and is again offering sales and has remained in business. No matter the promotion, each of us needs to determine what we feel is a good price and abide by it. Complaining will do no good. Businesses will not go against what years of statistic and trend data tell the is the best course. Expect the non-sale sales to continue.

I'm not getting my way so I'm gonna throw a tantrum and threaten to never cruise with rccl ever again for at least two weeks

We have gone 9 months without booking another one. Now if I see what we think is deal we book another one.😎

I not counting the Windstar Windsurf looking forward to that one.

No one really cares if you don't book another cruise or not.

Only you can determine what a good deal is for you. If it upsets you don't keep checking prices.

Hope you enjoy your cruise

OK, You have a vast number of e-mail addresses. You have sent the 30% deal repeatedly. Is it not time to re-configure the offerings to attract new folks instead of rehashing what has become a very tired promo?

No problem with them re-sending it, but I would love to know (never will, it is highly confidential corporate information) what percentage they anticipate to participate out of the total number of emails sent.

No complaints, just curious.

That's the bad thing about e-mail, it costs nothing to send. If no one books via a direct e-mail link there is no incentive not to send it again.

Back in the day of mass mailings there would be research, what was the percentage of people who replied vs the number sent out. Then do a color change, font change, wording change and look at the percentage again. Once the "perfect" design was found then mail would go to everyone. 1,000's of people would be employed by it directly, 100's indirectly.

Now, a cron job is ran on some computer somewhere and when the date ticks over millions of emails go out. It costs Royal fractions of a computer cycle, who cares if anyone replies or if it generates any income.

That's the bad thing about e-mail, it costs nothing to send. If no one books via a direct e-mail link there is no incentive not to send it again.

Back in the day of mass mailings there would be research, what was the percentage of people who replied vs the number sent out. Then do a color change, font change, wording change and look at the percentage again. Once the "perfect" design was found then mail would go to everyone. 1,000's of people would be employed by it directly, 100's indirectly.

Now, a cron job is ran on some computer somewhere and when the date ticks over millions of emails go out. It costs Royal fractions of a computer cycle, who cares if anyone replies or if it generates any income.

I pretty sure someone is still tracking response/algorithm or book rates. I am surprised no one has lost a job over Royal's website, but than again Royal runs mostly on contracted workers. No one wants to pay the grinder workers benefits anymore that was so 70's and 80's.

Yes it wildly cheaper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Oh nothing to be sorry about. I hope you will live up to your promise and we won´t be subjected to your shouting in the future.

LOVE!

I hope OP goes elsewhere. Don't want the whiner and complainer.

I personally saved some money on one of my future cruises (happy!). But not at all concerned about the ones that did not go down (happy!). Get the pattern? A cruise is worth whatever you pay for it. Some people just want to complain and be miserable - I say let them...on another cruise line. :cool:

Hit unsubscribe, in theory this should remove you from these emails. Also check your profile on C&A.

The 30% off would be a good deal if the base price had not gone up. I keep track of a few cruises I am interested in. The base price on some cruises jumped quite a bit while others only went up slightly. You need to establish the price you are willing to pay and the look for a deal that lines up.

I may not be a sharp as most, but I actually find it pretty hard to recognize the value of these proposed "sales" because cruise prices are such a moving target. 30% off what? The prices today, which may be more or less than they were a week or a month ago and may be sold for even less (or more) a week or month from now? And oftentimes I've "scouted" a particular sailing for a while and have noticed the prices can actually be more with a sale (that includes things like "free" 3rd and 4th parties and OBC) than without. RCCL isn't the worst culprit for this...NCL and their "free" perks packages are hardly ever worth less than the price of the cruise and the amenity when booked separately...

All of this makes my head hurt and fills my inbox with a lot of useless promo materials. I've gotten away from any focus other than just "do I like the cost of this sailing right now?". If so, I book it.

Edited by ronandannette

If you go to a store and buy something on sale then a month later you receive a coupon do you go back to the store and want that money also? If you buy a car then you see someone that gets a better deal later do you go back to the dealer and ask for money back?

You can do that at Kohl's :D

Can someone please explain this term "final payment" in more detail? I had to pay in full at the time of booking...I don't understand this final payment date, after which prices don't get adjusted or something?

Also, I read in a few of the posts that people who had already booked managed to get some OBC afterwards; can you enlighten me on that, too? I didn't get any OBC at all when I booked and would naturally be thrilled if I could get some, too! Especially since I've seen it advertised on some cruise websites for my sailing...Any advice would be much appreciated!

Can someone please explain this term "final payment" in more detail? I had to pay in full at the time of booking...I don't understand this final payment date, after which prices don't get adjusted or something?...

Final payment date is either 90 or 75 days (depending on cruise length) before the sailing date. If you book a cruise within the final payment period, you must pay in full when you book. Many people book a year or more ahead of sailing date and just pay a deposit. They don't pay the balance until final payment date, and during the interim they can usually take advantage of price drops.

Edited by clarea

Can someone please explain this term "final payment" in more detail? I had to pay in full at the time of booking...I don't understand this final payment date, after which prices don't get adjusted or something?

Also, I read in a few of the posts that people who had already booked managed to get some OBC afterwards; can you enlighten me on that, too? I didn't get any OBC at all when I booked and would naturally be thrilled if I could get some, too! Especially since I've seen it advertised on some cruise websites for my sailing...Any advice would be much appreciated!

Final payment date is 75 days before 4 nights or shorter cruises.

It's 90 days on cruises that are 5 nights or longer.

If you book within this time frame, final payment is already due so you must pay in full.

Sometimes there is an offer at booking for some OBC. If you book under that promotion, you get OBC.

Edited by Merion_Mom