In port internet

Sgt Halftrack

DW and I are doing a Panama Canal full transit in November on Infinity. We are wondering if any of you have used internet in any of the ports visited? I mean in bars or restaurants. We have done this in Mexico and the Caribbean for a small fee. Any suggestions?

I do this all the time, all over the world. Usually the wi-fi is free for the cost of a drink. Some places it's free--St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin springs to mind.

Good luck to you with your international package with Verizon. I did that one time in Europe--never could get service. Luckily I was traveling with people who had AT&T and their international plans worked.

Just ask any staff member. They will direct you to the hot spots used regularly when off duty in each port.

Have to agree. Check with your cabin steward about free WIFI hotspots ashore. If he/she doesn't know he/she will know the right crew members to ask. These guys are amazing at sniffing out free WIFI. As others have said WIFI is also generally available nearby for the price of a coffee or light meal if you cant get it free. Don't forget the Golden Arches generally have free WIFI

DW and I are doing a Panama Canal full transit in November on Infinity. We are wondering if any of you have used internet in any of the ports visited? I mean in bars or restaurants. We have done this in Mexico and the Caribbean for a small fee. Any suggestions?

Ask crew, they know the best and cheapest places for internet.

If you stop in Colon Panama, there are a number of restaurants at the port that had wifi. Although by late afternoon there were so many people that it was sketchy.

We switched to an international plan for our Verizon iphone. $40 well spent.

If you had T-mobile you would have international coverage at no extra cost...and would not have to sign-up for anything. It just works :). Tis probably the future of all cell carriers.

Hank

Have to agree. Check with your cabin steward about free WIFI hotspots ashore. If he/she doesn't know he/she will know the right crew members to ask. These guys are amazing at sniffing out free WIFI. As others have said WIFI is also generally available nearby for the price of a coffee or light meal if you cant get it free. Don't forget the Golden Arches generally have free WIFI

So true.