CC Help Jenn

Community Contest (8/29): What's for Lunch

This is totally self-serving :)

I am in a lunch rut - and with back to school looming upon me - I need ideas.

What do you normally eat for lunch? What are you/did you eat for lunch today

Let's give this a cruise angle ;) What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch while on a cruise ship

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate. While all are welcome to participate, At this time we can only ship within the US. I can offer a coupon to our store for those who reside outside of the US. Thanks for understanding

For lunch I keep Greek yogurt in the fridge at work, but if some of the staff members want to go out, we go out for sushi, pizza or Cuban food. I love Pernil (pulled pork).

On a cruise ship I usually eat a variety of buffet items if we're on the ship at lunch time.

Let's give this a cruise angle ;) What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch while on a cruise ship

I will even share on this one :) Today I made tacos - I was so tired of just munching on veggies or skipping lunch entirely (which is what happens when I cant decide what to eat)

My favorite cruise ship lunch? Hmmm I love pizza on MSC Divina or the Remy Champagne Brunch on Disney Fantasy --- two totally different takes on lunch but both my favorites

Well, my favorite food is beef ribs, but the meal I enjoy the most is when I get a good steak for dinner. Sometimes this is in the specialty restaurant and sometimes this is in the MDR. Even though the specialty restaurant steak is a better cut of meat, sometimes the MDR stead tastes better.

At home. my wife makes soups that are low in sodium & are delicious with herbs, On Celebrity I like the sandwiches made using pretzel bread.

My favorite lunch onboard is a Philly Cheesesteak, though it's a LONG way from Philadelphia...Philippines is probably closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate. While all are welcome to participate, At this time we can only ship within the US. I can offer a coupon to our store for those who reside outside of the US. Thanks for understanding

At home every day I eat 23 almonds ,a slice of muenster cheese,fresh fruit and a glass of water.

On cruises my preferred lunch is a cheeseburger,french fries and a glass of water.

At Work - Salad and tuna or leftovers from the night before.

At Home - Toasted Ham, Tomato & Cheese sandwich.

Cruise ship - Pumpkin Soup with seeded bread roll, Caesar Salad with Chicken skewers, followed by NY cheesecake and caramel sauce.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

I usually bring leftovers for my lunch so when I'm on a cruise, No leftovers! Yeah! Also, you can never go wrong with a good cheeseburger.

Rhonda

I could eat fish n chips every single day! probably my favorite lunch (if someone else makes it, and on a ship is bonus)

they are too expensive near my office though. I try to make it at home when I have the time, so as you can imagine, it is a special treat and not an every day thing as I wish it could be.

I like bringing leftovers for lunch, especially if it's something that is just as good served cold. In winters for work I like to bring soup, maybe some cheese and crackers as a snack if it's not a filling soup. At home I am likely to just throw some nibbles together (olives, cheese, crackers) or make a sandwich with any fresh veggie I happen to have (love making sandwiches with fresh tomatoes or hot peppers). On a cruise, I don't really have a favourite lunch - I do like soups and sometimes a burger!

At home, it varies...sandwiches, cereal, salads, leftovers. On a cruise, and since we normally sail with Carnival, it's Guys Burgers and a soft serve ice cream cone for dessert.

At work mostly salads and fruits, home is whatever is available. We normally cruise Carnival and we like Guy's Burgers, Mongolian Grill and the Deli!:)

When I'm home it's Cheetos. I know it's not healthy or a good lunch meal.

When I cruise it's usually wings or hamburgers.

On a cruise ship, if we visit the buffet I like to sample the various fish, chicken and pasta offerings with loads of fresh veggies.

If we eat in the dining room on a sea day, then it will be either a fish dish, popcorn shrimp or a pasta dish.

Finally, from the deli, a made to order sliced turkey sandwich on a tasty roll with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes with some mustard and then lightly toast the whole sandwich. :D

MARAPRINCE

I eat some kind of salad at lunch and dinner, often a chef's salad with a little meat, shredded cheese, and a few olives. Love all kinds of soup but chicken tortilla is a favorite and most ingredients are always around...just have to plan around avocado ripeness. Can't pass up French onion soup on a cruise!:o

Today I am eating a yogurt and some fruit. If I was on a RCCL Ship it would be Roast Beef on a Roll with a lot of Horseradish sauce.

I'm usually eating take-out for lunch...unless I'm eating at Applebee's. On board ship, it was usually Indonesian food in the Lido. Love that food!

Dena

Today - Trader Joe's Tomato & Mozzarella salad without the balsamic vinaigrette and olives :rolleyes:

If I was on a cruise ship, it would be buffet salad and heading down to the promenade for some pizza slices with parm cheese and red chili flakes :D

Gotta stick to salad at the buffet or a quick burger on my cruises for lunch. Save my calories for those amazing dinners. Most days at home it's leftovers from dinner the night before or a smoothie.

Currently, I'm saving up calories to spend on our next cruise. Today for lunch, I had a salad of mixed spring greens, sugar snap peas, cucumbers, raspberries, and diced apples topped with a pear vinaigrette dressing.

When I get on the next Carnival ship, my first lunch will be at the Mongolian Grill or Chopsticks where I can add lots of veggies to my plate, knowing how "bad" I will definitely be at dinnertime. All bets are off when there's creme brulee, bitter & blanc, or grand marnier souffle on the menu! :D

Currently, I'm saving up calories to spend on our next cruise. Today for lunch, I had a salad of mixed spring greens, sugar snap peas, cucumbers, raspberries, and diced apples topped with a pear vinaigrette dressing.

When I get on the next Carnival ship, my first lunch will be at the Mongolian Grill or Chopsticks where I can add lots of veggies to my plate, knowing how "bad" I will definitely be at dinnertime. All bets are off when there's creme brulee, bitter & blanc, or grand marnier souffle on the menu! :D

I love it, I also do the lose before I cruise deal.:D

I normally eat a sandwich for lunch at home. While on a cruise I like to indulge in the buffet which includes lots of food options and a great variety of different entrees and salads. There is usually a different International theme each day. On occasion, I like to indulge in a good hamburger on deck by the pool!

At work, I have a salad, a sandwich or a frozen Weight Watchers meal. For lunch on the ship, I usually go to the buffet. This trip I'll be having a lot of salad and looking for the low calorie, low fat options elsewhere.

Since I have retired, I eat lunches like my Mom packed when I was in first grade. Yesterday, I had a fluffernutter (peanut butter and marshmallow creme) sandwich and Lays potato chips.

On the cruise ship, I love the chicken tenders and french fries poolside.

I tend to make ONE "batch" of "something", pasta salad, egg salad, cranberry walnut chix salad, soup, etc. and (sadly) have the same thing for that week for lunch. I sometimes switch it up, may fill half a melon with the Chix salad instead of always between bread, or make egg salad sandwich on Kalamata Olive bread instead of plain white, etc. Winter, I make chili and my own "bread bowls" for the chili out of CORN MUFFIN MIX, fast, easy, good !

On a cruise, just a big pile of peel and eat shrimp from the daily shrimp boat on Disney Line, and the prime rib sandwich on the home made rolls in the park café in Central Park on RCCL Oasis class ships..yummm, I'm less than a week away from my next one of those !

Edited by annnmarie
left out word

Mostly, my lunches are either leftovers of whatever my husband cooks. Last night we had very little evening time so we picked up Popeye's chicken.

So today i had leftover chicken for lunch (i like cold leftover chicken!).

If i was on a cruise ship......lunch would be a little bit of everything with some cheese! I love any kind of food with the exception of pickles and olives, unless pickles and olives are part of it (tuna fish salad or pizza/muffuletta sandwich).

San :)

A very healthy wholemeal bread ham sandwich. And then because you can't be healthy all your life, a delicious thick custard vanilla slice to follow:D.