Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

I had the same problem on 8/22 when trying to book a solo cabin on Brilliance of the Seas for 11/28/16. It said the total price (base) was $488, but when I got to the final page the price was showing as $1486.48. I tried doing a mock booking over several days and kept getting the same result. I contacted my TA, sent her screen shots of my attempts and asked her to check it out for me. For some reason, she had no problem completing the booking for me at the correct price.

This is what happened to me.

The rate on the website was very low $350.00 CDN for a 5 day cruise on The Empress of The Seas. And when I went to mock book the price at first looked like it jumped to over $1000 for a solo. But then I noticed at the very bottom of the page that there was a special Royal Caribbean button where they would assign a room to you for stated $350.00 CDN.

However, on the next day in the morning when I checked before going to my TA the low cost button was missing. However my TA was able to find and assign a room to for $496.00 CDN. Then the system added a -$150.00 CDN discount so the cruise itself was $346 CDN. The taxes of $137.00 were the same all the time no matter no matter there was a discount or not.

Edited by Earl Colby Pottinger

They have been showing no-single supplements on October sailings of Empress of the Seas (RCI) out of Miami. Not all categories on all dates, but worth checking out. They usually run 4 or 5 night itineraries to Western Caribbean. I snagged an Oceanview on Deck 8 for a 5 night cruise leaving 10/29/16. My cost...solo...was $248.50, plus $103.28 tax & fees, plus $67.50 pre-paid tips (my choice), for a total of $419.78 all in. This is confirmed, and my card has been charged. Hopefully these fares are still available for anyone looking for a fall getaway! Looking forward to this Halloween cruise, only wish we were in Key West that day (we'll be there Oct. 30). Empress of the Seas is Royal's smallest ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just found a reasonable deal for solo cruisers from the UK. One of the biggest cruise agents is showing the Dubai and the Emirates itinerary, with flights in and out of Dubai, for £659. The date is 11 December 2016.

It's not my favourite itinerary, but it will be hot.

I did this itinerary in 2011. We flew out of Heathrow overnight and arrived very early in the morning. RCI took us to a hotel for breakfast and to wait until we could board.

If I hadn't been on a transatlantic in October, I would have considered this. There are few good deals on RCI these days.

A single for less than $100 a day, including free at sea. SHIP Norwegian Sun

CRUISE PORTS

EMBARK Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Montevideo (Uruguay)

Punta del Este (Uruguay)

São Paulo (Santos) (Brazil)

Ilha Grande (Brazil)

Buzios (Brazil)

DISEMBARK Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

FREE AT SEA

CHOOSE FROM 4 FREE OFFERS

FREE UNLIMITED OPEN BAR

FREE SPECIALTY DINING

FREE PRE-PAID SERVICE CHARGES

FREE WIFI

Inside

from $998

Oceanview

from $1,198

Balcony

from $1,798

plus tax. Airfare extra

Dec 03 - 13, 2016

SAT - TUE

If you can travel at the last minute:

Norwegian Star

CRUISE PORTS EMBARK Copenhagen (Denmark); Oslo (Norway); Rotterdam (Netherlands); Brussels / Bruges (Zeebrugge) (Belgium); Le Havre (Paris) (France); Bordeaux (Le Verdon) (France); Gijón (Spain); Lisbon (Portugal); Seville (Cadiz) (Spain); Valencia (Spain); DISEMBARK Barcelona (Spain)

Balcony Single $999

Sep 28 - Oct 12, 2016

WED - WED

plus tax

DEPARTURE DATES

September 28 - October 12, 2016

Wednesday - Wednesday

NCL has some FANTASTIC pricing on Getaway and Escape cruises for this month and next, if you can sail short notice and don't mind the Caribbean in hurricane season. Next week's Getaway cruise when I checked last night was under $500 for a solo balcony guarantee.

I would totally do it if I had PTO to spare!

NCL has some FANTASTIC pricing on Getaway and Escape cruises for this month and next, if you can sail short notice and don't mind the Caribbean in hurricane season. Next week's Getaway cruise when I checked last night was under $500 for a solo balcony guarantee.

I would totally do it if I had PTO to spare!

I've noticed too. This is something going on this year that didn't happen last year. There was so much talk about the CEO's decisions last year with new charges and refusing to lower prices. I guess the plan has backfired.

I'm just sick over these offers as I can cruise for less than $50 using my $250 certificate, but an injury has gotten in my way:mad:

Oceania is offering some great deals on some upcoming cruises, and even though you might think that a line like O is out of your budget, these deals being offered are great, including a small 25% single supplement.

Venice to Barcelona Nov 9, 2016 12 Days on Riviera

$1349 cruise only fare or

$2499 includes airfare and unlimited internet AND a choice of one of the following:

8 shore excursions or

Beverage Package or

$800 shipboard credit

Rome to Lisbon Nov 11, 2016, 10 days on Marina

$1699 cruise only fare

$2799 including air and internet plus a choice of one of the above perks

Miami to Miami Nov 17, 2016 12 days on Regatta

$1249 cruise only fare

$1999 including airfare and internet and one of the above perks

Rio to Buenos Aires Dec 7, 2016 12 days on Marina

$1349 cruise only fare

$2999 includes airfare and internet plus one of the above perks

Remember that on Oceania all non alcohol beverages are included in the fare including bottled water, soft drinks, coffees and tea. Also, their specialty restaurants are no extra charge.

Back in June I booked a solo 5 day Caribbean cruise on Crown Princess in a covered minisuite (with an extra large balcony) for the price of the cheapest balcony cabin! It was over $200 less than the balcony. Very weird, but good for me. Even my travel agent was baffled. :D

Back in June I booked a solo 5 day Caribbean cruise on Crown Princess in a covered minisuite (with an extra large balcony) for the price of the cheapest balcony cabin! It was over $200 less than the balcony. Very weird, but good for me. Even my travel agent was baffled. :D

How is Princess for cruising solo?

10-Day South America from Buenos Aires

SHIP Norwegian Sun

CRUISE PORTS

EMBARK Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Montevideo (Uruguay)

Punta del Este (Uruguay)

São Paulo (Santos) (Brazil)

Ilha Grande (Brazil)

Buzios (Brazil)

DISEMBARK Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

VIEW ITINERARY

Date & Stateroom(modify)

NUMBER OF GUESTS

1 guest

DEPARTURE DATES

December 03 - 13, 2016

Saturday - Tuesday

STATEROOM TYPE

Inside

STATEROOM CATEGORY

Guarantee Inside

STATEROOM NUMBER

Guarantee

RATE SELECTED

Norwegian Rate

Summary of Charges

TOTAL 1 GUESTS $ 199.00

GOV'T TAXES, FEES & PORT EXPENSES $324.02

TOTAL$523.02 View Details

+$150 for OV

+$250 for balcony

+$350 for mini suite

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check out cruiseplum.com for RCCL super cheap deals for solo. Some 70% less than regular. So cheap must be a mistake.

Over Labor Day weekend I booked a 5-nighter on Empress of the Seas out of Miami, for about $299 solo base price for an oceanview. There were similar prices on that ship on other dates in October, and possibly November. I didn't look at dates past early November. Check my earlier post on this thread for exact price...I believe that including taxes, fees and pre-paid gratuities, the total was about $423. It visits Key West and Cozumel.

Pam

Over Labor Day weekend I booked a 5-nighter on Empress of the Seas out of Miami, for about $299 solo base price for an oceanview. There were similar prices on that ship on other dates in October, and possibly November. I didn't look at dates past early November. Check my earlier post on this thread for exact price...I believe that including taxes, fees and pre-paid gratuities, the total was about $423. It visits Key West and Cozumel.

Pam

In-fact on Sunday I found a junior suite available for $82 , yes I said $82 for the four day cruise as the solo price. I checked a number of times, but on Monday that offer was gone. I don't know if it was for the weekend only or if all the cheap places were booked.

But I also noticed on on the weekend all the four day trips were marked at $200 per person but now it has jumped up to $238 per person.

I talked to my travel agent, and she said she could get it for $280 CND but I already have booked Oct.10 and bought plane tickets and now I find they want to charge $250 to change my flights.

In the future I will not book any flights and just drive from Canada to Florida as I can change my travel times any time without paying extra.

In-fact on Sunday I found a junior suite available for $82 , yes I said $82 for the four day cruise as the solo price. I checked a number of times, but on Monday that offer was gone. I don't know if it was for the weekend only or if all the cheap places were booked.

But I also noticed on on the weekend all the four day trips were marked at $200 per person but now it has jumped up to $238 per person.

I talked to my travel agent, and she said she could get it for $280 CND but I already have booked Oct.10 and bought plane tickets and now I find they want to charge $250 to change my flights.

In the future I will not book any flights and just drive from Canada to Florida as I can change my travel times any time without paying extra.

Wow, $82 for a 4-night Junior Suite solo? That's unbelievable! I notice that the Empress has been alternating 4-night and 5-night cruises. Both visit Key West & Cozumel, the 4 night just has 1 less sea day.

Pam

I am selling my house, and the closing date is Nov.21 or I would be over this like a dirty shirt.

RCCL Anthem of the Seas. Nov.10-20 (Ten days) for $488 CDN in a Junior Suite Guarantee. Taxes $197 CDN, is that a deal or what?

RCCL Anthem of the Seas. Oct 29-Nov.10 (Twelve days) for $728 CDN Interior Stateroom Guarantee. Taxes 266 CDN. Same for Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony Guarantee and Ocean View Stateroom Guarantee.

Edited by Earl Colby Pottinger