CCHelp

30 minutes ago, IrieBajan54 said:

Celebrity Silhouette .... Transatlantic ... 13 nights

Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton, England

April 14 - 27, 2019

***Senior Rate & Florida resident rate***

Solo Inside Guarantee

$998 plus $151 port/tax

Senior AND Florida res? Or one or the other?

Uggh, just missed out on something - NCL Epic 5 night from Orlando (3 hour drive from where I live) for next Saturday, 3/2 , Studio/$599 before taxes, put a courtesy hold like 2am.....   woke up and it was gone, email said hold expired at 7:49am

Edited by jmsnyc

On 2/22/2019 at 10:35 PM, IrieBajan54 said:

Celebrity Silhouette .... Transatlantic ... 13 nights

Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton, England

April 14 - 27, 2019

***Senior Rate & Florida resident rate***

Solo Inside Guarantee

$998 plus $151 port/tax

I see an inside for Senior, Ohio for $1,478. No deal for me!

38 minutes ago, jmsnyc said:

So you think it is still ok to book day before ?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with booking day before, it's just that out of all my solo cruiser friends I've never met anyone who did the day before. This works fine for me, i'm a NY resident and I can jump onboard that fast. I know a lot of people that come from Pilly, Chitown, Balt and other not too distant locations, it won't work for them because of high airline rates.

Edited by bones774

50 minutes ago, jmsnyc said:

I keep seeing the Studio appear and disappear for Saturday on NCL from Orlando 5 day leaving this Saturday.    It always go to sold out while in process of booking

Is that on NCL website? Call on phone and make some noise even if it's another online agent. I had one online agency tell me in a phone call that they have so many thousands of cruises listed they can't be held responsible, I told them "oh yes you can, if you can't be held responsible don't advertise it". Maybe try one of the larger brokers, I snagged a deal on xpe that no one else was offering.

22 hours ago, jmsnyc said:

I snooze I lose....   Seriously trying to find something out of Florida for March 10-17 and cant seem to find anything decent for solo

I think we are getting into one of the "high seasons" for cruises out of Florida--spring break season.  It will be bad through mid-late April because of that, unless you happen to catch a very last-minute fare.  If you are set on cruising that week, you'll probably just have to grit your teeth and pay the higher fares.

Cheapest seems to be during hurricane season and then December through mid-February or so.

• Like 1

Long time reader, first time contributor.  Thanks for all the great deals!

NCL just reduced the single supplement for some Alaska sailings on the Jewel and Bliss in May and June.  It’s not zero supplement yet, but the balconies are a good price for Alaska.  The lowest price for each of the ship/itinerary options are below.

Norwegian Jewel

5/27/19 Glaciers SB from Seward

Inside IX $824

Oceanview OX $1498

Balcony BX $1499

taxes and fees $235

Norwegian Jewel

5/20/19 Glaciers NB from Vancouver

Inside IX $869

Oceanview OX $974

Balcony BX $1499

taxes and fees $204

Norwegian Bliss

5/5/19 Inside Passage from Seattle

Inside IX $1124

Oceanview OX $1424

Balcony BX $1499

Mini-suite MX $1574

taxes and fees $246

There don’t appear to be any reduced rates on the Norwegian Joy.

Norwegian Joy now also has reduced solo rates on some 7 day Alaska sailings in May and June.  Cheapest dates for each itinerary are below.

5/11/19

Inside Passage with Icy Strait Point from Seattle

Inside IX $1124

Oceanview OX $1424

Balcony BX $1499

Mini-suite MX $1574

taxes and fees $241

5/18/19

Inside Passage with Skagway from Seattle

Inside IX $1199

Oceanview OX $1424

Balcony BX $1424

Mini-suite MX $1724

taxes and fees $238

For anyone looking at the Jewel or Bliss, the rates for those ships are now slightly lower than before.

On 3/6/2019 at 2:02 PM, IrieBajan54 said:

Norwegian Jewel ... 15 Day TransPacific .... May 5 - 20, 2019

Tokyo to Vancouver

Solo Inside Guarantee $899 plus port/taxes $306

I was deep into planning this cruise plus the week before visiting family ~ an hour from the port.

My airmiles go to NRT, not HND.  Then I got a note from Japan.

4/ 29-5/5 is Golden Week, many , many locals off work using all public transportation and roads.

Really bad travel time in Japan.  The local military base advises stay near home. And this year looks worse than usual. I decided to not go. Maybe Vancouver to Japan in Sept.

4 hours ago, Rickpt said:

I was deep into planning this cruise plus the week before visiting family ~ an hour from the port.

My airmiles go to NRT, not HND.  Then I got a note from Japan.

4/ 29-5/5 is Golden Week, many , many locals off work using all public transportation and roads.

Really bad travel time in Japan.  The local military base advises stay near home. And this year looks worse than usual. I decided to not go. Maybe Vancouver to Japan in Sept.

I was solo on a trans-Pacific from Tokyo to Seward last year leaving during Golden Week. I was a bit concerned, but a bit of research said that it is a big time for people to leaving urban areas to get out to the natural and country areas so I went ahead with the cruise and made plans for the trip focusing on Tokyo for my pre-cruise stay. My arrival in Tokyo coincided with the start of Golden Week. There was no problem getting hotel reservations for Tokyo, museums and other tourist attractions were open as normal and not crowded. If anything, Tokyo is less busy than usual at that time. 

Our first port (in Northern Japan) was on the last day of Golden Week and it didn't cause any issues there either. 

The timing would be bad if you wanted to do a pre-cruise stay in the more rural areas (the places a Japanese person goes for a spring get-away) but fine if you are mainly interested in Tokyo. Kind of like you might want to avoid a spring break trip to Florida, but a visit to New York City at that time would be fine. 

Just booked for March, 2020, from Ft. Lauderdale to Lisbon transatlantic 13 days. This is on Silverseas Shadow and includes airfare, transfers, gratuities, alcohol, butler, 6-star service. 8 total sea days(which I love). Total cost $4,680. Must pay in full by the end of the month. 0% solo charge. Check it out!

Good morning everyone.  I am interested in cruising solo after the passing of my husband. We both loved cruising, I recently retired, and now I need to find some deals.  I do not have a partner to travel with, however, I want to continue to cruise.  Can you offer me some advise on how to find these solo deals, etc.

3 minutes ago, cmyersmgr said:

Good morning everyone.  I am interested in cruising solo after the passing of my husband. We both loved cruising, I recently retired, and now I need to find some deals.  I do not have a partner to travel with, however, I want to continue to cruise.  Can you offer me some advise on how to find these solo deals, etc. 

My apologies, I posted in the wrong thread.

5 minutes ago, cmyersmgr said:

My apologies, I posted in the wrong thread.

Unfortunately, as per CruiseCritic rules, we cannot discuss travel agents or websites.  But if you watch here and set up an alert to be notified when people post, it might help you.