Cruise Critic Community
CCHelp

Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

9 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

Maybe they are confusing me.  This booking was an ordeal.  This is on my confirmation (along with the code referred to):  * LATREW promo code, is automatically applied to Latitude members’ reservations. This code gives Latitude members their specific tier level discounts/benefits onboard. This promo code does not provide any Latitude points.

I was ready to book this trip in a sailaway inside cabin at $649 (plus the $250 port charges); I tried using the same NCL agent I used before (my bad, he wasn't all that interested).  Between when I booked and paid (same day) they pulled the fare and doubled it.  $1248 plus the port charge.  No dice.  He would "try" to get his manager to reinstate it, LOL.

Late today, I went back and looked and the sailaway inside fare was $799.  Feeling stupid for missing the first one (I should have just booked it but double checked my vacation time with my boss since it was short notice) I was going to book this, but Oceanview was $899 and Balcony $999.  Ignoring the $150 I missed out on (compared to the $640) only $200 more for the balcony is good enough for me; I've bid that much for upgrades and been rejected.

Then the confirmation comes with that notice about Latitude points.  I'm thinking why mention it unless they're not granting points.

Also though about sailing from Boston (I am in PA) - IX rates on the Gem are unbelievably cheap for June 5 departure but more hassle to get there and the Escape has a lot more bells and whistles.

If you're still awake thanks for listening.

I've seen the same statement on confirmations that seem to state no Latitude points.  This is not correct.  I and friends have inquired when we've seen this. If you have the code in the upper right that shows LATREW you will get points.

I have used a PCC at NCL for years.  He really looks out for me.  Has even advised holding off on bookings before to get a better price.  Also he will go in and give me a partial refund if the price drops further.  I'd get a new PCC if your's isn't providing the service you expect.

32 minutes ago, MNJones said:

I've seen the same statement on confirmations that seem to state no Latitude points.  This is not correct.  I and friends have inquired when we've seen this. If you have the code in the upper right that shows LATREW you will get points.

I have used a PCC at NCL for years.  He really looks out for me.  Has even advised holding off on bookings before to get a better price.  Also he will go in and give me a partial refund if the price drops further.  I'd get a new PCC if your's isn't providing the service you expect.

Thanks.  Hoping you're right!

I try to use the PCC; what I wanted to do was really straightforward, didn't need the help, wanted to throw the guy a little commission...  it wound up costing me.  I have worked with another at Carnival who was a pleasure to work with.  Oh well...

Pretty sure you will get your points, some cruises they give double points but with a sailaway rate you would not get 2x, maybe that's what was meant

On 5/12/2019 at 2:52 PM, photocat75 said:

Have been trying to find solo cabins  and it is a bit overwhelming  

it it doesn’t help that/I am not sure where to go except the areas that will be=new to me are a ver long plane ride, but I would still like to travel for a few more years and so am just doing research that to see what is available 

am am hoping I can pick up some=information from folks on this thread

I'm sure it has been suggested by others, but there is a great site that lists sailings for singles with low or no suppliments. It is

www.cruiseplum.com

They don't sell cruises, so you can go right to the cruise line or your Travel agent.

Less of a deal and more of a hint I’m going to just drop/hide in this thread. Hopefully it won’t be exploited too much, and if it does, hopefully NCL finally fixes it. 

On Escape, the starboard entry door to the Studios on deck 11 sticks about 75% of the time and doesn’t lock, so other solos could maybe wander in for some coffee and cookies, or just to chat with other solos. The door only locks if you intentionally pull/push it closed all the way. I’ve noticed this on three separate trips now.

If you do choose to take advantage of this, I strongly suggest you be discreet about it, don’t bring your whole family in there for breakfast, and don’t brag about it. 

(I’ll also understand if someone reads this and chooses to report it to maintenance now that I’ve posted it. But it’s been years now and it still sticks, so ...)

On 7/9/2019 at 9:36 PM, perditax said:

Less of a deal and more of a hint I’m going to just drop/hide in this thread. Hopefully it won’t be exploited too much, and if it does, hopefully NCL finally fixes it. 

On Escape, the starboard entry door to the Studios on deck 11 sticks about 75% of the time and doesn’t lock, so other solos could maybe wander in for some coffee and cookies, or just to chat with other solos. The door only locks if you intentionally pull/push it closed all the way. I’ve noticed this on three separate trips now.

If you do choose to take advantage of this, I strongly suggest you be discreet about it, don’t bring your whole family in there for breakfast, and don’t brag about it. 

(I’ll also understand if someone reads this and chooses to report it to maintenance now that I’ve posted it. But it’s been years now and it still sticks, so ...)

I’ve noticed similar on Breakaway...in fact, in the morning around 0900 give or take, they often prop open a door while the crew is cleaning/restocking for a half hour or so...😉

51 minutes ago, bob brown said:

I’ve noticed similar on Breakaway...in fact, in the morning around 0900 give or take, they often prop open a door while the crew is cleaning/restocking for a half hour or so...😉

Why don't we just consider this a positive and drop the subject. 

Last minute from Venice on the Norwegian Star. Sail-away rate. Inside cabin. July 18-28.

My Vacation Summary

Prices are shown in USD unless otherwise noted.
TOTAL
$ 1,545 95
Side Bar Image

• 10-Day Greek Isles from Venice
  • SHIP Norwegian Star
  • CRUISE PORTS EMBARKVenice, Italy Split, Croatia Kotor, Montenegro Corfu, Greece Santorini, Greece Athens (Piraeus), Greece Mykonos, Greece Argostoli, Kefalonia, Greece Dubrovnik, Croatia DISEMBARKVenice, Italy

MSC Lirica 20 days Dubai to venice April 18 2020. $1099US tax inc. Inside cabin Fantastica package. I booked this some months ago. Looking at  price drop or cabin upgrade.

Other MSC deals.

I notice for pacific coastal 7 day cruise on hal volendam and oosterdam in sept the single supplement appears to be about 50%.

Edited by christinand

17 minutes ago, christinand said:

I notice for pacific coastal 7 day cruise on hal volendam and oosterdam in sept the single supplement appears to be about 50%.

don't see it, more specifics? thanks

5 minutes ago, bones774 said:

don't see it, more specifics? thanks

thanks bones 774, I didn't see it either......

15 hours ago, MidwesternCruiser2 said:

Volendam Sept 25 & Oosterdam Sept 30, both Vancouver/SanDiego

Looks like some posts are being deleted, but the sailings are still there with about 70% supplement.

Oosterdam Sept 30:  $517 I, $604 OV & $1087 B

Volendam Sept 25:  $517 I, $691 OV (no B though ... it's $1780

The NCL Bliss  Nov 3 To Nov 24 21 day LA to NYC by the Panama Canal. 

Inside from $2,099 Sail Away with no perks.

Im assuming it the MSC Armonia

Aug 23, 2020 Aug 30, 2020 Sep 6, 2020 Sep 13, 2020 Sep 20, 2020 Sep 27, 2020 Oct 4, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

You can do status match and possibly save an additional 5%  $439 BELLA  $534 FANTASTICA

$

Edited by TwizzlersAddict

32 minutes ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

Im assuming it the MSC Armonia

Aug 23, 2020 Aug 30, 2020 Sep 6, 2020 Sep 13, 2020 Sep 20, 2020 Sep 27, 2020 Oct 4, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

You can do status match and possibly save an additional 5%  $439 BELLA  $534 FANTASTICA

$

Yes, it is the Armonia. inside for $457 INCLUDING all taxes.  Many "hurricane season" dates available.  

There is a good price on the noordam leaving sept 22 from vancouver to alaska. I found it in canadian currency on holland america website so i suppose it could be a special for canadians, but doubtful.

53 minutes ago, christinand said:

There is a good price on the noordam leaving sept 22 from vancouver to alaska. I found it in canadian currency on holland america website so i suppose it could be a special for canadians, but doubtful.

When I searched, it is a Vancouver return. What is interesting is the Ocean View (obstructed) is cheaper than an Inside and Verandah is slightly more than an inside.  However, with tax it is still close to $1500 CDN.  Is that a good price?  Perhaps for HAL.

4 minutes ago, christinand said:

When i had looked it was 1250 for an inside. Maybe that was a temporary deal.

Possibly pre tax?  Right now it is $1574.40 Cdn. tax in for an inside.  For that price, I'll take the Veranda at $1600.

Edited by mef_57

If you all are looking for longer and off-the-beaten-path cruises, Seabourn has 125% solo prices on about 30 cruises for this year and next.  They will also do upgrades and included wifi with those.  They are an all-inclusive line.

NCL Star ... 14 Day TransAtlantic

November 22 - December 6

Barcelona to Miami

Sail Away Inside: $824  OV: $899  Balcony: $1124

Taxes & Fees: $137

NCL POA, 7 day r/t Honolulu 8/24 $929. No solo supplement. Just a week too early for me to grab, crap.

On 7/6/2019 at 9:52 AM, Takes Notes said:

I'm sure it has been suggested by others, but there is a great site that lists sailings for singles with low or no suppliments. It is

www.cruiseplum.com

They don't sell cruises, so you can go right to the cruise line or your Travel agent.

I have just come onto this forum for the first time.  I will be following this thread and am much appreciative of the cruiseplum link.  It will be very helpful for future bookings.  I already have 4 cruises booked, 3 of which were booked with my late wife.  So it might be a while  before I have time to fit in another, but will be watching.  Thanks so much for the tips.