Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

There are multiple cruises to choose from. Not just one itinerary...many in Eastern Europe and some in Western Europe as well.

yes,many nice itineraries

• 1 month later...

Wow...Who would have guessed that this once thriving and valuable thread would go dark for one full month. 

Come on folks...I need some tips !

27 minutes ago, vunico said:

Wow...Who would have guessed that this once thriving and valuable thread would go dark for one full month. 

Come on folks...I need some tips !

There aren't a lot of solo bargains out there right now! Especially with much more certainty about the path to restart, demand appears to be rising and prices are definitely rising to match.

For example, I had landed a great bargain, a solo Bella balcony on a 7-day MSC Divina cruise for this October. I cancelled that booking today. When I booked it, the price was about $650. I checked today before cancelling and the same cabin, solo occupancy in Bella class, is now $939.

Because of the renewed interest in booking, I think that for a little while we're going to find solo bargains mainly in cruises past their final payment dates. Now that I've cancelled this one, I've got late August through late November open and will keep an eye out for a last-minute bargain. 

There are some excellent prices for solo travelers on Adventure of the Seas out of Nassau in the August and September sailings. $973 to $1079 (plus taxes) before any Crown & Anchor, Resident or Senior discounts, for an Ocean View Balcony.

3 hours ago, vunico said:

Thanks...there seems to be friendlier supplements on some of the premium lines.

If you're interested in the premium lines, yes, the single supplements are definitely friendlier! Crystal and Seabourn both have low supplements on their summer cruises.

Okay, I just did the math and discovered that my single supplement on the Aug 7 NCL Joy cruise works out to be 88% on a MB category (Club Balcony). If I had opted for a MA (higher deck), the supplement is 100%. Supplement on a BF balcony is 78% but it's 100% on a BB (BAs are sold out). The high deck inside cabins (IA) are at 88% supplement. Not massive bargains but still nice to see.

20 hours ago, dswallow said:

There are some excellent prices for solo travelers on Adventure of the Seas out of Nassau in the August and September sailings. $973 to $1079 (plus taxes) before any Crown & Anchor, Resident or Senior discounts, for an Ocean View Balcony.

Probably worth noting, too, is that these sailings are definitely sailing, unlike most every other sailing being sold out there right now. 🙂

22 hours ago, coastcat said:

Because of the renewed interest in booking, I think that for a little while we're going to find solo bargains mainly in cruises past their final payment dates. Now that I've cancelled this one, I've got late August through late November open and will keep an eye out for a last-minute bargain. 

This has always been my practice. I've booked as close to 4 days before sailing and as far out as 6 weeks before. I don't think cruise lines see any benefit in dropping prices before final payment.

For those who prefer small ships (400 or fewer passengers), Windstar currently has a bunch of cruises with reduced solo supplement (25% compared to their usual 75%). Star Clippers has sailings with no solo supplement.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Just booked my first solo cruise at what I think is a great price.  Celebrity Equinox Western Caribbean, 8/1/21 out of Ft. Lauderdale, 1B balcony cabin "all in" at $2,013.  On Celebrity this includes all alcoholic drinks (classic package versus premium but that is good enough for me), tips and WiFi.  The same ship sailing the same itinerary on 7/18 is over $5,000 so I'm not sure why this one is so cheap but I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth!  I've been on Equinox three times before and it is a beautiful ship.

Heads up!  The solo supplement on the NCL Gem out of Miami on 8/22 is around 42%.  They are doing three 7-day Gem cruises out of Miami in August but only the 8/22 sailing has the attractive solo supplement.  

On 6/8/2021 at 10:43 AM, MichiganBound said:

Heads up!  The solo supplement on the NCL Gem out of Miami on 8/22 is around 42%.  They are doing three 7-day Gem cruises out of Miami in August but only the 8/22 sailing has the attractive solo supplement.  

Well the 42% single supplement is gone for now.  It's back to 100%.  I don't know if it was a glitch or if enough people booked it...but it's gone now.