Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Algebralovr

Brighton RR update?

I've been trying to keep up with the news online, but wondered if any of our local residents might be able to tell us how the new Brightside Railroad project between West Palm Beach, Miami and Ft Lauderdale is going. Are the stations placed to make them at all useful for crusiers to fly into one and cruise out of another community?

The expansion up to Orlando by MCO with dedicated track gives us more arrival and departure choices once it goes live as well, if the terminals are reasonably placed. My understanding was that the Miami to Orlando corridor was a priority once the coastal area was complete.

Any local updates?

As a central Floridian, I don't know any more than you would. The All Aboard Florida Brightline service is still scheduled to open the West Palm-Miami route in 2017. Orlando will follow. I'm waiting for it. You can look at progress and sign up for info @ http://gobrightline.com

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

They are building three train stations right now in Ft. Laud, Miami and W. palm Beach.

Any thing further north of that there is no information that I can find.

I think, (based on nothing), the rail service will never go past WPB.

I attended a meeting with the head of public relations for Brightline (not Brighton) and they are on schedule. The first train will be delivered in a couple of weeks and the trains will start their practice runs in December.

All of the current tracks and crossings have been updated so the current trains will stop using their horns to signal crossing in the next couple of months.

Tri Rail will also share the tracks and provide new service to downtown Miami and stations along the way. Currently with Tri Rain in order to get downtown Miami you have to exit the Tri Rail and jump on the MetroRail and it does not service areas like Aventure or Wynwood where the new Tri Rail routes will be able to do so.

The tracks are already being laid between West Palm Beach and Orlando and expect that to be done by 2018.

The stations are almost finished in Broward and WPB and the massive station with hundreds of condos and shopping and dining in Miami will be done in several years.

Good news for those of us downtown in that the downtown bus station is going to be moved.

The station in Orlando has broken ground but I'm not sure how far along they are.

If I can remember anything else I'll post.

Edited by BlueHerons

Tri Rail will also share the tracks and provide new service to downtown Miami and stations along the way. Currently with Tri Rain in order to get downtown Miami you have to exit the Tri Rail and jump on the MetroRail and it does not service areas like Aventure or Wynwood where the new Tri Rail routes will be able to do so.

Was there any information provided for when the Fort Lauderdale - Downtown Miami route may be completed? I am very much looking forward this as the drive to/from work everyday is painful.

Edited by brunello22

Was there any information provided for when the Fort Lauderdale - Downtown Miami route may be completed? I am very much looking forward this as the drive to/from work everyday is painful.

Brightline and Tri Rail are will start service in June.