Fairy has landed

Cheers got-it,they either step out or something,im no ship-builder or map reader I can assure you lol:)

You got it, the Dolphin minis step out, so no cover.

I have pics of the inside of our Caribe balcony cabin, exactly same as all others, so give a yell if you want me to post them.

Good luck!!

If you decide on an upgrade, try to get a Caribe deck balcony cabin.....much larger than the a average balconies, half covered half open, the covered part is private, (not open to Baja and Aloha above) This was ours on the Diamond.

28775051843_374d4c17f2.jpgIMG_6288 by cheznandy, on Flickr

28775052743_a900136eae.jpgIMG_6287 by cheznandy, on Flickr

28772642474_337ce5ab29.jpgIMG_6286 by cheznandy, on Flickr

Had a Caribe Balcony of Diamond last year, loved it.

Houston Control,The upsell Fairy has Landed.

Just received offer of changing from interior,for a extra $25 P/P day,to a balcony stateroom.

We have planned location,our time on-board,around our interior cabin.

Now its all out the window.

We have never experienced a balcony before.

Money isn't the prime consideration.

We love our dark,cozy,safe interior,but this is tempting.

Anyones thoughts and experience are appreciated.:):)

What else are they doing, any OBC?, sip and save perhaps.? doesn't seem worth it for me.

That's what we thought initially, BUT $1400 is a lot of drinks, or its 1 and a half cruise to the islands in the new year.

Damn now we are dithering lol.

We also have the big balcony upstairs, round the pool etc,etc.:rolleyes:

I would be looking at what they are offering, but for $1400, I wouldn't be, perhaps for 50% or 25% of that I would..

Edited by MicCanberra

Yep,will see what they come back with.We had a interior aft and balcony choosen is right oppo.

Now the major questions are,

Will we get covered with soot.

Will people chuck cigarette ash and rubbish on us from above.

Will next-door be smokers.

Will people see us naked.

Will the furniture be crap.(answered)

Will the balcony door close properly.

Will there be a Cpl rust-spots.

Will the blue matting be old and crumbly.

Will the hand-rail be wood or steel.With tarnished wood or rusty steel.

Will I see a whale.

Will a seagull **** on me.

Will a bat fly into my cabin.

In an Interior the answer to all these is no,no,no.

Off to the main board to ask.:eek:

Answers are -

No to the first three,

then Yes or possibly for the next five,

followed by wood rail,

the last three are Only if you are extremely lucky.

Yep,will see what they come back with.We had a interior aft and balcony choosen is right oppo.

Now the major questions are,

Will we get covered with soot. No

Will people chuck cigarette ash and rubbish on us from above. No

Will next-door be smokers. No, but if they are ring guest services immediately. Smoking on balconies is not permitted

Will people see us naked. Possibly. Going out on your balcony naked isn't recommended ;) Also, keep your curtains closed when in port if you are naked in your cabin.

Will the furniture be crap.(answered) IMHO

Will the balcony door close properly. Yes

Will there be a Cpl rust-spots. Probably but shouldn't be too bad

Will the blue matting be old and crumbly.Possibly but if it is complain to your steward and maybe guest services

Will the hand-rail be wood or steel.With tarnished wood or rusty steel.Nicely varnished wood

Will I see a whale. Maybe if you're lucky down the east coast of Australia, However it's better to be up on deck if there is a chance of seeing whales, they may not be on the same side as your cabin. We saw one last year.

Will a seagull **** on me. More likely in port than at sea

Will a bat fly into my cabin.Very unlikely, anyway you should keep your balcony door close as it screws up the air-con for cabins all around you

In an Interior the answer to all these is no,no,no.

Off to the main board to ask.:eek:

Why bother going to the main board. We know all the answers here. :p :D

I would be looking at what they are offering, but for $1400, I wouldn't be, perhaps for 50% or 25% of that I would..

It's interesting that they have offered a per diem rate. From what I've read on the main Princess board they offer US cruisers $99, $199, or $299 per person flat rate for the whole cruise depending on length of cruise and level of upgrade.

For that length cruise I'd pay up to $300pp but that's all, and it would very much depend on what balconies were available.

Ok this has turned into a monumental stuff up.

Agent assumed we wanted up-grade,when they actually said we could peruse upgrade cabins and choose.

Agent decided to go ahead with upgrade and we received an e-mail,which we wanted to recind.

Original cabin is now gone.

Phone call tomorrow at 6.00am,to (a)let us know if we get our original cabin back,or (b) up-graded cabin.

So wont scream at moment but will wait and see.

Even with this up-grade to balcony,(extra $1400) we still will only be paying $106 p/p day,so still not bad.

Our last cruise we paid $98 p/p day,for an interior.

Agent assumed we wanted up-grade,when they actually said we could peruse upgrade cabins and choose.

Agent decided to go ahead with upgrade and we received an e-mail,which we wanted to recind.

Phone call tomorrow at 6.00am,to (a)let us know if we get our original cabin back,or (b) up-graded cabin.

Even with this up-grade to balcony,(extra $1400) we still will only be paying $106 p/p day,so still not bad.

Hope it works out for you, we mostly travel in insides unless there is a great deal for a balcony. $100 p/p per night is the amount we aim to pay by final payment.......so $106 for a balcony is a great price.

Ouch! Where is the cabin they upgraded you to?

That's a very good price for a balcony though. :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I would love to get a balcony at that price, it is very very good. You should take it , you really will enjoy it and might not get another chance at that price. Don't stress too much , there are positives either way the dice rolls for you on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bummer about the stuff up, a bit of miscommunication I suppose.

When putting it at $106 for the balcony, I would rest a bit easier, but I would now be trying to get some OBC out of the TA due to the stuff up.

Bummer about the stuff up, a bit of miscommunication I suppose.

When putting it at $106 for the balcony, I would rest a bit easier, but I would now be trying to get some OBC out of the TA due to the stuff up.

Bahh,huge coms mix-up,baahhh.

Edited by mrs and mrs

looking back now and thinking about the phone calls, its obvious there is 2 different rules. Here we have a AUS ta trying her best, and the American side saying nooo.

Try asking about sip and sail and balcony upgrades.2 totally different answers. Now we have the yanks trying to sort out the aussies supposedly stuff-up, when she was only doing the best she could for us.

Try talking with a phone in each ear to 2 different countries.

Maybe ill play on the I'm weird program.:eek:

10 hrs 45 mins 54 sec to 6am phone call.

Edited by mrs and mrs