.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

I'll provide an example of what Jimbo is predicting...

"You're delirious man (raving a bit also ........ poor Hillary)

Probably in shock too !

Pain ? Quite a bit Hum's guessing.

And you're........err SOBER !

Truly, the "perfect storm" !"

I'll admit it, I'm stone cold sober, and have been since about 8/30 (unless you count the effects of morphine and other controlled substances). I've also had a lot of time to research and reflect upon current events. My reading of the tea leaves leads to the strong conclusion that Mr Trump is going to win. And win big. Seems people are tired of the status quo. And apparently NOBODY likes Hillary, not even Dems. It appears that the only people clinging to her are those with vested interest in big government.

Seems even the liberal USC/LA Times pollsters can't manipulate the data enough to hide the truth:

(Trump +5)

http://www.latimes.com/politics/

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

I'll provide an example of what Jimbo is predicting...

"You're delirious man (raving a bit also ........ poor Hillary)

Probably in shock too !

Pain ? Quite a bit Hum's guessing.

And you're........err SOBER !

Truly, the "perfect storm" !"

I'll admit it, I'm stone cold sober, and have been since about 8/30 (unless you count the effects of morphine and other controlled substances). I've also had a lot of time to research and reflect upon current events. My reading of the tea leaves leads to the strong conclusion that Mr Trump is going to win. And win big. Seems people are tired of the status quo. And apparently NOBODY likes Hillary, not even Dems. It appears that the only people clinging to her are those with vested interest in big government.

Seems even the liberal USC/LA Times pollsters can't manipulate the data enough to hide the truth:

(Trump +5)

http://www.latimes.com/politics/

Oh Raggy seek help as soon as you are able old chum.

You are now verging on the ............ err psychotic.

What the heck is happening over there ?

Just read a whole lot of hysteria on the SDI pistings......my it's a contagion of the worst hysteria Hum has ever known.

Yes, we know you Yanks are quick "to get all riled up" but calm gentlemen, calm.

Looky here Raggy, pop over to Blighty and get that damn leg fixed.

It's free.

A bit like Obamacare but soooo much better.

Part of our country's National Health Service.

The best in the world (with Cuba second....yes Cuba !).

You're better with a drink.......just sayin'.

See ho-hum, we need you to pop onto the bastard child of ....ij periodically to veer errant "conversations" back to the main themes (such as there ever were...). Without you to gently jerk the leash, the mad dogs of the board will eventually steer it onto the rocks (and not the ice cube kind).

Think of it as your civic duty.

See ho-hum, we need you to pop onto the bastard child of ....ij periodically to veer errant "conversations" back to the main themes (such as there ever were...). Without you to gently jerk the leash, the mad dogs of the board will eventually steer it onto the rocks (and not the ice cube kind).

Think of it as your civic duty.

Did'nt the doctors tell you to lay off the booze ?

Gawd help you if this is you sober !

You only have 2,545 pists of your own Mr Hum. You need practice......Much more practice.......get busy old chum...:eek:

I agree Jim! Be the saddest day of my life if this were to end.

HH, you posted your itinerary but I may have missed the second leg of your back to back. Safe travels, enjoy the journey.

Cheers, Millie

Hum appreciates your kind words piratelooksat45 but 5,000 more pists !

Are you kiddin' ?

It's time for Hum to be "put out to pasture".

Hum will be even more idle in the future.

Besides have'nt you all suffered enuff ? (Yes, Hum does know).

Nooooooooo! I want to keep suffering!

"Gawd help you if this is you sober"

It is a novel experience, not one I wish to ever repeat...

But I am preparing a prioritized list for the day after the antibiotic spigot is shut off. Should I begin the road back to normalcy with wine, craft beers, or spirits???

The "lower slopes" to begin with dear chum....always the "lower slopes" and only for an hour (so that's beer and only 2 bottles a day).

Ridding the system of artificial drugs and re-introducing God's natural products is best handld very carefully....... an expert talking here.

Shame you don't live near to TrapperZ (he swears by it).

Edited by ho-hum

I agree Jim! Be the saddest day of my life if this were to end.

HH, you posted your itinerary but I may have missed the second leg of your back to back. Safe travels, enjoy the journey.

Cheers, Millie

Heck Millie, Hum's got to draw out this drivel as long as he can !

Next part of trip posted nearer the time.

Nooooooooo! I want to keep suffering!

If you really want suffering turn to Raggy's delirious ravings or Jim's nightly emails to Hum about US politics !

Not much between them.

But unlike Hum (who is made of sterner stuff !) you should never do both !

Trump now +6: http://www.latimes.com/politics/

Since I have a few lucid weeks ahead, time to start my novel chronicling the new age: Les Deplorables

My characters, subtly ripped off from the SD board, will make Hugo's look rather flat.

Plagiarism sir !

Go for it......haha

Obviously the main character and hero is Hum but villain ?

Hum trusts in the ordinary American people.

Hum was also surprised by another article he saw in your link.

As Hum was saying, Hum trusts the ordinary American: a depleting group it seems.

Very interesting link:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-gun-control-poll-20160914-snap-story.html

Thankfully another anniversary passed quietly. Now we can focus on the upcoming festivities in Hum World. Not long before yet another BonVoyage for the Hums. And I even got a Roll Tide! out of him this weekend. Way to go Hum.

"upcoming festivities" !

Haha

Oh no....it will be "chill out" time.

Although .........

there is a fun Aussie couple boarding whom we met up on our trip to Oz earlier this year when we were attending another Aussie chum's "big birthday bash" (with whom we were supposed to be travelling with on SDII but who regrettably had to cancel because of work commitments: he will be travelling with us on the xing instead).

The Aussie couple live in a beautiful elevated, contemporary style home overlooking a bay in the Sydney conurbation.

Very nice home and great hosts: they laid on a fantastic lunch and there was plenty of champagne.

They are up for a "bop" too which is how we finished our visit with them which was also attended by another lovely couple (also SD'ers).

They are presently staying in a very nice hotel on Hydra: they were on SDII the week previous to that.

They were supposed to be on SDI for the entire 3 weeks but as you know, events onboard prevented that.

Oh and after the first week, we are joined by another set of very good chums from Atlanta whom we have also visited at their home.

Big chums of Jim too.

No doubt they will tell Hum ALL the tales about Jim but we are only on for a week with them so no doubt they will only "scratch the surface" !

Hum promises to report on all the tales about our Jim !

No, on second thoughts, that will take up all of Hum's precious time and besides Hum expects some to be quite un-savoury and un-suitable for your delicate constitutions and high moral standards.

And then there will be the crew !

Always a lot of fun with them especially the waiters and a certain maitre d'.

Oh boy the "japes" he has pulled in the past !

Finally at the end of the trip we "poodle" straight over to Belgrade, Serbia from Rome (our point of disembarkation) to attend a wedding of a former senior crew member: where Blondie will also act as Chief Witness.

We will be attending a Russian Orthodox Church for the ceremony.

Now Hum is really excited about that.

Yes seriously.

Hope there is some choral singing, "smells and bells" too.

Love Russian Orthodox music: very guttural.

And then there will be 3 days of celebrating !

We meet up with other former crew too which will be great.

So your'e right Jim, there will be festivities after all !!

But 3 days of partying and they are all quite a bit younger than Hummy !

There are two Serbian waiters onboard and they have promised to teach Hum "kolo" dancing: a must during the wedding celebrations !

Hum tried on a previous voyage. It looks easy and Hum mastered the basics but there are additional variations which Hum completely fluffed.

Take a look at the video. Is'nt it great to see young people dancing in traditional style. If only we could get them out of jeans and "hoodies" and into dresses and the boys wearing white shirts and dark trousers.

But even so.

Hum visited the crew member once before.

The young people in Belgrade and in the whole of the Balkans for that matter are great.

It is the older generation where the problem lies.

Too many rooted in ethnic enmity and terrible social attitudes towards women and our gay brothers and sisters.

Hum has great faith in the young from these countries.

And is particularly impressed by those employed on SD.

Old European values combined with excitement for the future.

[YOUTUBE]OgJKut7AM-U[/YOUTUBE]

California, the land of fruits and nuts...

Too bad and not of cheese :( (though some good attempts are being made in the Napa/Sonoma area)

California propositions are *always* Trojan Horses. Amazing that any of them ever pass. But I guess that says reams about our electorate...

It shows there are growing pockets of normal, peaceful living, sane people...that's what it shows Mr. Ted Nugent.

Sobriety is a curse for you dear chum.

So funny to read Trump is very healthy !

Obviously it didn't include a psychological evaluation !

It shows there are growing pockets of normal, peaceful living, sane people...that's what it shows Mr. Ted Nugent.

Sobriety is a curse for you dear chum.

So funny to read Trump is very healthy !

Obviously it didn't include a psychological evaluation !

Apologies, apologies, apologies !

This forum should not be used to besmirch anyone and Hum withdraws the silly comment.

Hum is sooo looking forward for a nice long break.

Away from politics too.

So very depressing though credit must be given to John Kerry and the Russians for agreeing to stop bombing Aleppo and re-doubling their efforts to defeat that despicable band of thugs.

Trump has a sense of humor! And his hair gives ho-hum's a run for the money!

True, he was very endearing and a great sport.

Fully and happily concede.

But so is our village idiot.

No that was unfair !

On the village idiot !

Aw schucks, Hum cant help humself.

Deep breath.

Yes.

Trump was great.

Full respect.

His hair aint nothing like Hum's.

How dare you sir.

Boris has great hair too.

And everybody thinks he is a "not the full half crown".

Again untrue.

He is a genius.

Now, how is the knee ?

Apologies, apologies, apologies !

This forum should not be used to besmirch anyone and Hum withdraws the silly comment.

But it is okay to besmirch yours truly with unwarranted allegations that he inhales smoke from those funny plants in his greenhouses? Medical treatments I might (or might not) engage in are extremely personal and should not be a subject of public discourse.

And while I am writing, let me thank you for the hospitality you showed Ernest when he arrived to pick up the package of sofa gleanings. I'm sorry if he depleted your Slivovitz stock. But I hope he explained the incident with the chambermaid and the lobster.