Tissues in Cabin?

yuccaman

We were on one cruise where there were no tissues, asked the steward and he was happy to provide them. I think the issue is that if put down the toilet, they can cause problems, so they want you to have that discussion with your steward. Bon Voyage

We were on one cruise where there were no tissues, asked the steward and he was happy to provide them. I think the issue is that if put down the toilet, they can cause problems, so they want you to have that discussion with your steward. Bon Voyage

I can't imagine a problem with putting the thin tissues provided down the toilet. Problems arise when people flush "baby wipe" types of items or paper towels and such. Small, thin tissues such as provided shouldn't be an issue at all. Of course there is a trash can provided in the bathroom and there is no reason to be flushing just to dispose of a tissue.

They aren't the world's softest. :p

But, they do well in the car and they fit nicely in the side pocket of the door. I take the one in the bathroom out and place it on my bed stand. I hate to get up and get a Kleenex to blow my nose in the middle of the night.

I can't imagine a problem with putting the thin tissues provided down the toilet. Problems arise when people flush "baby wipe" types of items or paper towels and such. Small, thin tissues such as provided shouldn't be an issue at all. Of course there is a trash can provided in the bathroom and there is no reason to be flushing just to dispose of a tissue.

We went to a lecture on one of our cruises given by the Chief Engineer. He said passengers flush all kinds of things (many of them I'm fairly sure they wouldn't think to flush at home :rolleyes:). He mentioned diapers, clothing, and other objects that are definitely not flushable.

Do Princess cabins, specifically Coral Princess in this case, have tissues/Kleenex in the cabins?

Sorry for the silly question, but with the cutbacks of the last few years, who knows?

Tissue dispenser in your cabins bathroom.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Had them on all Princess ships. Not the softest but not sandpaper like.

Are you referring to the TP or face tissue? Or both?

Good luck, and enjoy your paper (whichever you choose to use). :)

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I saw some new/un-opened tissue boxes in the ladies changing room in the spa. I asked the attendant if I could have a box and she said yes. I like to have a 2nd box in the room, besides the one in the bathroom. (Guess I could have asked the room steward, but that is how it happened for me.)

Were told the tissues/toilet paper are "marine grade" .
Exactly. And the reason you should never bring your own tissues or TP and flush them in the toilet. Even using marine grade TP in the toilet can cause it to block if you use too much. Same for tissues. While your nose might thank you for bring softer tissues, the plumbing system won't.

Even if you live in an older home, you have to be very careful of what you flush. Same on ships. If you have to bring your own tissue, never flush. And never, ever bring/use TP take isn't marine grade.