CC Help Jenn

Week of 9/20: Favorite Forum

Do you have a favorite forum? A place where you spend the bulk of your Cruise Critic time? Are there other non cruise forums you spend your time on?

Me? Most of my forum use is related to travel and/or parenting :)

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate. While all are welcome to participate, At this time we can only ship within the US. I can offer a coupon to our store for those who reside outside of the US. Thanks for understanding

The majority of our time is spending it outside on the pool deck when we are within the ship. Otherwise we are in one of the lounges enjoying cocktails in the evening.

Noelle

This is tough...I have more than one favorite. Each time I'm here in Cruise Critic, the forums I go to are:

1. Community Contests. I love participating and also really enjoy seeing everyone's responses.

2. Photo and Camera Discussion. I love taking pictures but far from professional. There have been some great photography tips in addition to some beautiful pictures that people post that I enjoy seeing.

3. The "Ports of Call (mainly Caribbean)" forums. Always looking for new ideas for things to do in ports...even when we don't have a cruise planned.

4. Last, but not least, the "Carnival" forums. We mainly cruise on Carnival so I enjoy getting the latest updates and I also love reading the long, picture heavy reviews by other CC members. I great way to help with cruise withdrawal, "virtual tours" of ships (also enjoy pics of ships we've been on), reliving great cruises, and ideas for future cruises.

I really like Ask a Cruise Question - because even after over 20 years of managing this community it is AMAZING how much I learn from our members every day!

Laura

My last few cruises have been with NCl so I check into their forum every day to keep up on the latest changes.

I like Community Contests, who doesn't like to try and win a prize.

When I have a cruise booked I enjoy going on the Roll Call Forum and Ports of Call.

I really enjoy all of Cruise Critic Forums. Lot's of information.

Do you have a favorite forum? A place where you spend the bulk of your Cruise Critic time? Are there other non cruise forums you spend your time on?

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate. While all are welcome to participate, At this time we can only ship within the US. I can offer a coupon to our store for those who reside outside of the US. Thanks for understanding

I love everything about CC .There is more informative cruise information than any site on the internet .My only complaint is that there is not a PM feature.

I enjoy participating on the Princess and Aust/NZ Forums. There's a great group of helpful people on both. It's nice to help others and to learn more at the same time.

This is a hard one. I visit so many - but when I have a cruise booked, I tend to spend more of my time in their forum and in my roll call. I also like the ports of call forums - there's a wealth of information there and I love to read about places I'm going to or would like to go.

NCL, NCL roll calls, Photography are the forums I frequent most.

I would have to say I like to read the NCL forums as they are usually good for a laugh.

I know I have a sick sense of humor. :)

I don't have a favorite forum. I participate in the forums specific to the ships I have booked. I participate in the roll calls and the Friends of Cruise Critic. I participate in others as needed.

Right now my favorite is NCL as that is the next cruise line I am booked on. As for non-cruising forums? I frequent a hunting and fishing forum local to my state, and a beer brewing forum since I brew beer.

Orlando

Edited by oteixeira

I like the roll call of the crease I am going on. One our cruise to Ireland & Iceland I saved over $1,000.00 for private tours made through CC roll call

I am on CC and because my next cruise is on the Escape I am partial to that particular forum on CC right now.

Disney has a really good forum for their cruises so I used them a lot before going on there.

Trip Advisor can be useful.

The most important to me is the roll call for my upcoming cruise (whichever one that is!). It is so much fun to meet people in advance of sailing. I have met many friends that I continue to see because of Cruise Critic!

For cruise related things I prefer the Roll Call and forum for the ship I'm currently booked on.

For non cruise things I follow several different running forums.

Now if they only had one for running ON a cruise ship! :D

My favorite and the place where I spend 90% of my time is The Roll Calls. Gotta get my daily fix on updated info

I keep going back to the new cruisers area. So many people share so many great hints over there!

Other than that I spend a lot of time with the thread for my next cruise and the areas for each of the ports for that cruise. We did some excursions that weren't through the cruise line discovered via the ports section last cruise and they worked out great.

1- Roll Calls to meet fellow cruisers before embarking on the cruise.

2- Ports of Call to get the scoop on what to do in port.

3- New Cruisers because there's great tips shared there.

4- Cabin Reviews if I am uncertain if I will like the cabin I am considering booking.

I'm new to CC so I like to check out the new posts everyday. I've learned a lot about so much from everyone. I have found my roll call and get to check in with my Buckeyes even though the military took my me away.

Right now my fav forum is ANYTHING NCL breakaway. Trying t find out more about it before our cruise in 35 days! I enjoy out roll call also.

I seem to default to the "new posts" because I think there's useful information in there regardless of which line you're travelling.

So happy to have another cruise booked!