Viking Tour "A Day in Aix-en-Provence"

Peregrina651

Tours open us for us in a few days and we are still dithering about which tours to take in a couple of places and so I thought to "poll the audience" and "phone a friend." I am interested in hearing from anyone who has taken this tour with Viking since we are thinking of taking it while on the New Year's in the Med cruise in December (yes it will be cold and may even rain). They are offering us two versions, a guided tour with lunch and an "on your own" version.

My questions are:

• what did you see? what did you drive by, what did you stop to view the outside of and were there any insides of building/museums included
  • what about lunch? Our description says that lunch is included on the guided. Was it included when you went? Where did you eat?
  • Looking back over the day, where you happy you chose this tour? Was it what you expected? Are you sorry you didn't choose one of the other tours
  • If you went on the guided version, in retrospect, would you have preferred to have done it on your own? Same question to those who did it on your own?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

<>