San Pedro boarding times

Yehootu

Arrive at the pier around 11am. Once checked in you will be shown to a waiting area. It appears that your Captain's Circle status is Platinum. You will be shown to the Platinum waiting section. Around noon boarding begins with priority boarders. Platinum is kind of 4th in line in the priority status. Once boarding begins it goes quickly.

Princess should send you an email a week or so before departure stating the boarding times. We sail next Friday and they will board by decks, starting around 11:30 with elite and platinum first within the boarding times. Sometimes they enforce it and sometimes not. Think it depends on how crowded it becomes

My experience at San Pedro has been that as long as the ship has been cleared and zero'd out, it begins at approximately 11:30 am typically with Wedding Party, In-Transit, Travel Agents (If there is a group that day), BVE Participants, Elite, Platinum and then the rest. It is pretty close to that order I think.

Princess should send you an email a week or so before departure stating the boarding times. We sail next Friday and they will board by decks, starting around 11:30 with elite and platinum first within the boarding times. Sometimes they enforce it and sometimes not. Think it depends on how crowded it becomes

Never seen progressive boarding enforced in San Pedro.

My experience at San Pedro has been that as long as the ship has been cleared and zero'd out, it begins at approximately 11:30 am typically with Wedding Party, In-Transit, Travel Agents (If there is a group that day), BVE Participants, Elite, Platinum and then the rest. It is pretty close to that order I think.

Yup...that's it. We were there yesterday for a BVE. :D

Told everyone, "we just came for lunch".

We left at around 2 and the hall was EMPTY. If you really want a stress-free boarding...get there after 1. NO lines!! But you might miss lunch in the MDR.:(

That's what I thought I remembered. We also travel with my Mom who's an Elite member. I get to push her transport chair.

Mahalo.

Princess will be happy to provide a crew member to push the chair if you wish. Sometimes the ramps are steep and difficult, other times not bad at all.

We have (so far) only boarded in San Pedro once. Every time we boarded in San Francisco everything has gone smoothly and we boarded with almost no wait time no matter when we arrived.

The one time in San Pedro we waited about an hour and a half. Nobody was boarding. It was stupid. I "think" it was due to the immigration people not being ready. Sailing and muster were delayed by more than an hour.

When we sailed out of SF but the first port stop was SP people were waiting an hour and a half - two hours in line to disembark. Again, it was immigration. We got into port in the morning but people who had arranged to meet family and friends for LUNCH in port missed out as they couldn't get off the ship. People in the port were extremely late boarding. We had planned to go ashore and have lunch at a brewpub nearby but gave up and left the line. People who had managed to disembark immediately upon docking were hung up for a looooooooooooong time trying to get back on the ship.

Two times at the SP port and both were the absolute worst experiences we have had with boarding and disembarkation.

Late sailings out of San Pedro are not uncommon. They do "enforce" staggered boarding in name only. They will announce who is up for boarding, but they don't do much checking on whether you're eligible or not. Now, there are a couple of "by the book" people there, but most are pretty casual.

This is our first time on Princess and we are in a full suite. Is there any boarding preference for a suite?

Full suite pax wait in the elite lounge with the elite members. The board after the BVE and physically impaired. Our several times embarking out of SP I have never seen Princess enforce the boarding schedule which is not any different than in the other ports we have embarked from. I have read a few times where it was enforced but that maybe was 2 or 3 times total.

We are sailing tomorrow out of SP. We usually get to the port at 10:45 or so and the line is very short at that time to get checked in. In the past boarding has always began between 11:45 and 12:00. Sometimes parking is an issue but since Ruby is the only cruise ship in port tomorrow, should be a breeze if you are driving and parking.